Cultivated Reef

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

Dam. That's one crazy acan snack. Whoa, hope my acans don't eat anything. Still a Nice tank though.

That's not the first time... They have had a couple of small snails in the past! -_-

Cheese-n-rice David! :o

Sorry about Mr. Hare...that acan better spit out baby heads like crazy soon. :P

I guess you really did not have him long enough to form an opinion on how effective he was huh?

oh, and about one bucket short of RODI from firing that sucker up. RODI is very slow today. <_<

The Sea Hare was probably going to get loaned out to locals who needed him. The only algae in my tank is Caulerpa, and he wasn't a fan of that! Hopefully the Emerald Crab I got yesterday will be craving Caulerpa... I doubt that though!

The Acan that did the eatin' has been the slowest grower for me... Maybe that changes now with all that yummy nutrition in his belly huh!!! omgomgomg

Looking forward to seeing what you do with that RSM bro!

Nice looking tank! How often do you dose your tank with the B-ionic alkalinity and calcium?

Poor sea Hare ;(

Thanks... I don't really have an exact science at the moment. :huh: Usually it's every other day. I'm trying to figure what my tank uses daily, so then I can get a good dosing regimen down!

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, today I started dosing Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbate)...

I don't really have a reason to dose it other than to see if I can get some better color out of things! I've been reading a bit about over on R2R, and the results sound positive! We'll see what happens!

-_-

hey there, I just went thru all 19 pages of the thread, so cool to see the tank to go from bare bones to the way it is now. Will surely put it in my faves and check it every other day. I got my NC last christmas so I hope it gets to look like that in the near future :P...Can I ask aprox how much $ have you invested in your tank so far? also did you get around putting an ATO?

Cheers,

Aleh

Your thread is really awsome! It has given me some inspiration for my own 24g.

ps.. if you keep having a caulerpa issue and you have to cut it back, send some up to me in Canada.. I would love to get my hands on some. I am in the works o setting up a second tank. This time a 25g macro algae tank with a pair of sea horses and pipefish.

Absolutely stunning what you have done! Your in inspiration truly as I started my 24gallon JBJ in November 08'.

I have a question about your Koralias. I added a Koralia 1 and it seems to strong. I read earlier that you had one and now I see you have 2. I was wondering which Koralia models you are using and why?

Also did you upgrade the JBJ pump to a maxi jet 1200?

hey there, I just went thru all 19 pages of the thread, so cool to see the tank to go from bare bones to the way it is now. Will surely put it in my faves and check it every other day. I got my NC last christmas so I hope it gets to look like that in the near future :P...Can I ask aprox how much $ have you invested in your tank so far? also did you get around putting an ATO?

Cheers,

Aleh

Aleh,

Thanks so much for taking the time to go through it all. Just give it some time, and I'm sure yours will look even better than mine!

As far as how much money... :scarry: Really, I couldn't say. I try and get most of my frags from locals, so that saves a ton of money from buying on line! The most expensive thing I've paid for are my Acans...

I haven't got a ATO yet... I have a Birthday coming up, and the Tunz Osmolator is on my "list"!

Flintstone Vitamins? LOL jk....

What benefit does dosing v-c do? Could you pm the link to me?

:lol:

NOT FLINSTONES!!!

Improved health, color, and growth of corals is the short version!

LINK 1

LINK 2

Your thread is really awsome! It has given me some inspiration for my own 24g.

ps.. if you keep having a caulerpa issue and you have to cut it back, send some up to me in Canada.. I would love to get my hands on some. I am in the works o setting up a second tank. This time a 25g macro algae tank with a pair of sea horses and pipefish.

Thanks!

I'll keep you in mind for sure on the Caulerpa!

Absolutely stunning what you have done! Your in inspiration truly as I started my 24gallon JBJ in November 08'.

I have a question about your Koralias. I added a Koralia 1 and it seems to strong. I read earlier that you had one and now I see you have 2. I was wondering which Koralia models you are using and why?

Also did you upgrade the JBJ pump to a maxi jet 1200?

Thanks bro for the kind words!

Currently I have a Koralia 1, and a Koralia Nano. I have a bit of SPS, so that is the reason for a lot of flow! everyone in my tank seems to love all the flow. IMO, it's not a whole lot though?

I am considering switching to a MP20 in the near future though! :happydance:

Yes, I did upgrade the stock return pump to the MJ1200. I have a Hydor Flo on the outlet, so that reduces the flow of the MJ1200 quite a bit!

Hey David,

Thanks for the help. I moved my rock work around, bought a MJ1200 and Hydor Flo. Your right the 1200 is about 30gph more flow then the JBJ pump, but with the Hydor Flo on it really cuts it down. I have the Koralia 1 back in and now it looks good and I can see why you added the K Nano now. Keep up the great work. I love reading this thread.

Hey David,

Thanks for the help. I moved my rock work around, bought a MJ1200 and Hydor Flo. Your right the 1200 is about 30gph more flow then the JBJ pump, but with the Hydor Flo on it really cuts it down. I have the Koralia 1 back in and now it looks good and I can see why you added the K Nano now. Keep up the great work. I love reading this thread.

Glad that worked for you bro!

Thanks again for checking in on my thread... Sometimes I think it's just me in here!!! :lol:

speakyourmind

Just went through the whole thread, I cant believe how awesome it looks. It went from that silly little aquascape with that 22lbs of live aquaria rock to a damn masterpiece.

Just went through the whole thread, I cant believe how awesome it looks. It went from that silly little aquascape with that 22lbs of live aquaria rock to a damn masterpiece.

Thanks bro! :blush:

In my eyes, it's far from a masterpiece!!! But your compliment means a lot!!!

I'm thinking of getting this for the back of the tank for refugium lighting, what do you think David?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wide-8-white-LED-Bar-B...1742.m153.l1262

I think a few people on here have used those. I don't see why it wouldn't work?

Hell, I had this crappy thing over my Chaeto for a few months and it lived... Didn't thrive, but didn't die either!

pPETS-3763624dt.jpg

Well, went to my favorite LFS and picked up some goodies... An ORA first grade Maxima, and a sweet Favia!

Also grabbed some of the original Rod's Food...

2-1-9007.jpg

2-1-9011.jpg

2-1-9012.jpg

2-1-9014.jpg

Also, I have a B-day coming up, and I think I have the family talked into getting me a Vortech MP20!!! :happydance:

WOW!!!! Youre tank looks amazing great new additions

Thanks bro!!!

I'm VERY excited to get my first clam, and the favia I got is SWEET... IMO!

I've wanted one for quite a while now!!! :happydance:

isnt that called a prism favia? or something like that.....its awesome

It may be... I really have no clue! But I really like it!!! :happy:

Looking great!

I ordered that fuge light I inquired about. We'll see how it works out.

NICE!!!

Keep me posted how it works for you bro!

NICE!!! That's it....I have to make the trip to BR tommorrow. :D

Easy bro... There is a TON of amazing things there right now!!! :o

Very easy to drop a lot of cash in a very short time!!! :lol:

Archived