ReefCleaners.org

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

As anyone every seen a MH light roll on a track on top of the tank? Maybe on a RSM?

;)

Nope. You gonna show us?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oo.. I would be interested in seeing what you come up with. I slide my MH light on my 75 back on a daily basis to feed/clean/what-not. It is scratching up the top of the tank in doing so..... something more smooth would be nice (with stops of course, don't need the light flying off the front of the tank ;) )

Edit: How is your Mr Coral stuff doing, besides the RTN on the one SPS? Mine are doing good, though I did lose the african blue looking zoas ... not really surprised, and they were free.

I'm going to try. I am sick of moving it for waterchanges/maintenance. It needs to roll

Full extension drawer slides?

The RSM has a track on the top that I can use, otherwise I can make one with acrylic J tubing or using casters. Yet I have a pretty good plan, and yes using stops!

The Acro is totally RTN, toast. Waste of $35 or so. My blue zoas look toast as well, they never opened. Other than that everything looks OK. I am waiting for the acan to open up more. I have never had one and am trying it mid way up. I see most members have them on the sand, lower light.

Full extension drawer slides?

that would be the ultimate, but would need some major casters. Not to mention mounting them to the tank. I just need to have it slide back so I can get my hand in, I have never needed the light off the tank.

I am waiting for the acan to open up more. I have never had one and am trying it mid way up. I see most members have them on the sand, lower light.

I have my acan's on the sand bed (also heard from other people they like lower light). Two of the three from Mr. C. are looking great ... one of them is still adjusting.

I think I should move mine. It is getting good light from the MH that it may not like. Some websites say mid to high light but every pic I see on NR has them on the bottom

Needreefunds
As anyone every seen a MH light roll on a track on top of the tank? Maybe on a RSM?

;)

Not on a Max, but......

Check Stoney's thread- post 110

He started with a pully system to raise and lower, but bagged that idea for this.

Just another idea fur ya.

Not on a Max, but......

Check Stoney's thread- post 110

He started with a pully system to raise and lower, but bagged that idea for this.

Just another idea fur ya.

forgot about this one, that was a great idea. I was going to ceiling mount this but the I moved. And the new location has a 4x2 eggcrate air duct supply vent right above it. Great for temps, bad for mounting.

Thanks for the link, keeps me thinking.

You should check out Pacific East though. I have never gotten frags as healthy as theirs.

Done, order in :D

PrincessLiLi

since i went on your page you should give me a discount on the intank chateo and rack package B)

lol jk i jus really need your help with steps to installing it in my tank these kind of things scare me :scarry:

I also have a rsm and my nitrates are a little high. I do regular water changes and all the water parameters are good. Do you think i should remove the bio balls and replace with live rock?

I also have a rsm and my nitrates are a little high. I do regular water changes and all the water parameters are good. Do you think i should remove the bio balls and replace with live rock?

no. Remove the bioballs yes but do not replace it with live rock. Same problems. Let your live rock in your display be your biofiltration. Bioballs and live rock rubble in the rear chamber is for fish only systems, not reefs. See page one of this thread.

no. Remove the bioballs yes but do not replace it with live rock. Same problems. Let your live rock in your display be your biofiltration. Bioballs and live rock rubble in the rear chamber is for fish only systems, not reefs. See page one of this thread.

Thanks for the advice. So i should take out bio balls and just leave the chemi-pure elite in the chamber?

Hi Stevie,

Is the Vortech mp20 not too much for the RSM? I want to buy the Vortech, but I'm in doubt between the mp10 and the mp 20.

Which one should I choose?

No, it is not too much. It is fully adjustable so you can dial it down to whatever your tank needs. I have mine about 3/4 of what it can output. I don't know about the MP10 as it is very new and not shipping in some areas. It would probably be enough, but I can't say depends on your tank and what you stock.

• 2 weeks later...
These were lost in the great Nano-Reef crash of 09'

Lol, you make it sound like we were lucky to survive.. :P

Good to see you picking up the pieces in your thread. Might be wise to keep a back up of this entire topic because if the forum would ever erase all topics/messages a lot of new rsm owners would have to do without all this valuable information.

Lucky you only changed your magfloat in the last 13 days. Looking good!! I had to update my topic as well but that was a little more work :angry:

Vortech went out today :( Needs new part, original failure finally caught up, ceramic bearing slides through base as the piece that stops it was worn from day one. Contacted warranty and should have new part in soon. Means that the Koralia goes back in tomorrow AM.

Happy birthday to me

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

looks like it's from BB

:o

I'm looking for one of those myself. Why the Cannon over the Nikon?

Because like all camera users I have had a Canon before. My P&S is bulletproof, had to stick with the canon. If I had a Nikon before, probably would have gotten one of those

Archived