Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

Ok StevieT your my idol. I just came back from the liquor store with a bottle of booze. One drop in the tank and i'll call it a night. I'll measure levels daily to get my dosing requirements.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Awesome. I have that peer pressure effect on people?! Spanko helped me A LOT today with understanding how much to dose. If we both lose everything we can blame him :P

:lol:

Awesome. I have that peer pressure effect on people?! Spanko helped me A LOT today with understanding how much to dose. If we both lose everything we can blame him :P

Yes. You have costed me lots of money. I am doing my part to stimulate the economy and save the reefs at the same time.

Good point. StevieT Economic Stimulus Plan! I stopped adding it up long ago, I just consider it all an investment now. Investment in my coworkers enjoying a tank I can never see.

Hello StevieT

I am sure get this alot. Your tank is amazing and I love the pictue quality. What camera do you use? Also keep up the amazing work

Best regards

Khayman B)

Well my fish and coral don't seem like they have a hangover today. How about yours? Or are you locked out of the office?

I don't go into this office on the weekends. I have keys and the alarm code but I was in Illinois all weekend visiting so I couldn't check in.

At my old office I was there all the time, but I also ran inTank out of the shop so there were other reasons.

My fish do just fine not eating for a few days :) or getting drunk :lol:

Hello StevieT

I am sure get this alot. Your tank is amazing and I love the pictue quality. What camera do you use? Also keep up the amazing work

Best regards

Khayman B)

Hey Khayman thank you. The newest pictures are taken with my one month old Canon T1i (500D). Everything before late July was with a Canon 750SD P&S.

I have some HD video to edit and will release for my two year anniversary.

GTFO non RSM club member, you go away now

You know you love me :flower:B)

Besides...pretty soon I'll be a part of the non tank owners club. Can't I still play?

You know you love me :flower:B)

Besides...pretty soon I'll be a part of the non tank owners club. Can't I still play?

You can play with your buddies in the Lounge

What is RSM and what makes it so special that there is a club for it? :P

First rule of the RSM club, you do not talk about the RSM club

First rule of the RSM club, you do not talk about the RSM club

says the guy with 16k plus in posts and 230k plus in post count on his RSM thread....lol

still a great tank. Sorry you don't get to see it as often as before.

I don't "DO" the Lounge. They make me cry there.

says the guy with 16k plus in posts and 230k plus in post count on his RSM thread....lol

still a great tank. Sorry you don't get to see it as often as before.

OMG I didn't even realize he has that many posts....hmmmm, someone had too much time on their hands. Get to work slacker!

nanoreefnate

Hey Stevie. i was just wondering what you think this coral in you tank is. i have a similar piece in my tank. That i have ID'd as an ORA Blue Tort. The only difference between the pieces are the coloring, mine is totally blue with green/brown polyps but they have a very similar body structure. thanks!

Coral In Question.

IMG_3179.jpg

It was sold to me as OAR blue voodoo stag. Even though it is hard to capture the true colors there is purple on the tips before you see the bluish green polyps. It took about a month for that coral to acclimate to my lighting but afterward it really took off.

Well I have only been doing this for 3 total days now. My plan is to just skip the weekends and dose 5 days a week when I am in the office. I am sure the tank can go without booze for two days and be just fine.

It is probably premature but I barely had to wipe the glass this morning, that is pretty rare.... There was only a quarter size amount of algae on one wall.

When I go on vacation (rare) I train a coworker to dose and feed for me. The tank is pretty automated/mature so it can last a while without food if need be. For the Vodka dosing I trust one person in the building and I will plan on them doing it if need be.

so if someone starts dosing vodka, you really shouldnt ever stop? am i correct on that? just cause that would create some problems i am sure

Good question. I would assume that you could stop the tank doesn't need this like calcium. If you did it "would" probably be best to wean it off alcohol and put the tank in a treatment center for 90 days. ;)

Archived