Cultivated Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Camera.. I have a Rebel XTi, I really like it. I noticed you got another clam, very nice! Cannot wait to get mine, when would be a good time to add one? Should I wait a certain length of time? I'm probably rushing my tank as it is, but everything seems to be doing swell...

I'd wait until the 6 month mark. Your tank will be more stable and your ownership skills will be tuned in.

how much did that run ya?

$900 camera, paid $350. Gift cards, rewardzone points, 15% coupon. Added on the 4 year plan so $550 when all said and done. Now I have to figure out how to use it.

Thanks bud, another business expense right?! Meh they happen, so far so good with the customer service.

Nice camera no doubt...but Nikon beats the socks off Canon.

I keep my camera in a case, not a sock like Nikon users

You people and your nice cameras <_< GFY's

Happy Belated Birfday Stevie!!! :flower::grouphug:

:D - :wub:

Happy birthday!!! One of my friends just picked up one of those rebels, he's loving it!

On another note, howcome your cardinal hangs out at the front of the tank? I could never get mine to do that :(...

Thank you. I can't believe how many pictures you can snap off in a short amount of time.

Mine is friends with the darwin clown. They spend most of the day together. The cardinal is usually in the front, he will go in the back to sleep every now and then. They are nocturnal by nature so maybe that is your issue.

nano4funreef

Great pics Stevie & imo - you selectd a great camera too - I love my canon 450D, now for the next toy... I suggest the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens :)

I knew what I was getting into when I purchased this camera but never fully committed. I now realize how much I am going to want! Thanks for the suggestion, I need a macro lense. Funny how my P&S shoots closer and farther than a $900 DSLR. These were the very first shots all on manual mode. I am self educating myself like most of what I do. I am sure I will have questions down the road, well I have questions but need to read more of the manual first.

On a tank note, the koralia #2 added 2° to my tank. Surprising that you realize that after you remove it, then put it back in. Another small bennift of the Vortech. The tank is at 81.5-82° in the day now, no biggie.

Hi Steve, how long have you had your mandarin? and do you keep a refugium? I was thinking of adding a mandarin or psychedelic to munch on my growing copepod population.

I purchased him November 2008. I do not have a fuge or any chaeto in my tank. I trained him to eat frozen food in two weeks and with the rest of my tank feeds Monday Wednesday and Friday.

Training them is key in a small tank, they will consume pods pretty quickly.

Nice camera no doubt...but Nikon beats the socks off Canon.

YEEPPP. Throw that kit lens out (it's a turd). You'll know why soon enough.... Grab a fixed macro lens, f 2.8 if you can afford it. I have one for my nikon and it's so useful for taking close ups of stuff in the tank.

Shot today. I love manual mode but it is hard to adjust quickly to changes in light in the tank. Most taken on no flash mode.

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

YEEPPP. Throw that kit lens out (it's a turd). You'll know why soon enough.... Grab a fixed macro lens, f 2.8 if you can afford it. I have one for my nikon and it's so useful for taking close ups of stuff in the tank.

Thank you. The main reason for the camera was to shoot product pictures/videos. I will look into that lens in a little bit when I cool down on the spending. I am supposed to be buying a house and CNC sub contractor.

BTW, I love your signature well done!

I use manual lenses (I.E. no auto focus, folks) for my nikon and boy do they deliver. once you get the white balance and shutter speed correct, i can change the aperture willy nilly with that handy ring on the lens. Can't do that with the new ones, although i do miss auto focus.

EDIT

1. Your mandarin is sex.

2. "Swedish manufacturing company Atlas Copco AB (ATCO-A.SK) Friday posted a 40% drop in second-quarter net profit as demand for compressors, tools and assembly systems fell"

Your camera did that. Have fun sleeping

EDIT numero two

Took me no time at all, i could wip something together for you if you wish. no cost ;)

Yeah, compressor group sucks ass. Good thing I work for the CMT (construction and mining technique) group which is doing Okay, much better than the crappy compressors division. From the top town they have no idea what they are doing, they make a GREAT product but can't seem to make any money. I read or 2nd quarter results, they weren't impressive but in this economy and our business I think I can keep my job. The compressors group brings us down, and tools is way down. Their main business is in manufacturing, mainly automotive, so all your car plants have Atlas Copco tools. The ones that make sounds and music when the employee doesn't torque a bolt correctly.

I am all for it :D . PM me with anything you may need. Time for a new sig.

The mandarin in your sig is crystal clear!

Yeah, compressor group sucks ass. Good thing I work for the CMT (construction and mining technique) group which is doing Okay, much better than the crappy compressors division. From the top town they have no idea what they are doing, they make a GREAT product but can't seem to make any money. I read or 2nd quarter results, they weren't impressive but in this economy and our business I think I can keep my job. The compressors group brings us down, and tools is way down. Their main business is in manufacturing, mainly automotive, so all your car plants have Atlas Copco tools. The ones that make sounds and music when the employee doesn't torque a bolt correctly.

I am all for it :D . PM me with anything you may need. Time for a new sig.

The mandarin in your sig is crystal clear!

Yikes, haha i just happen to see the logo on the wall and remember reading something about it. I'm sure you'll keep the job, after all the worst is over with (or so they say) and who would take care of the fish!?

Perhaps we could negotiate a slight discount on that 22g media rack for my cadlights we spoke about hmmm HMMM???

Also, I'll wip something together and we'll go back and forth on the sig, what fish does your tank have?

I have a backup but am not worried about my job. They already closed my store and I do have the opportunity to move around in the company and get a promotion. But then there is inTank which plays a huge roll, I can't do both as is for much longer.... but that doesn't mean for right now I quit my day job.

I can cut you a deal.

Darwin Clown

Mandarin

Coral Beauty

Bangaii Cardinal

I have a backup but am not worried about my job. They already closed my store and I do have the opportunity to move around in the company and get a promotion. But then there is inTank which plays a huge roll, I can't do both as is for much longer.... but that doesn't mean for right now I quit my day job.

I can cut you a deal.

Darwin Clown

Mandarin

Coral Beauty

Bangaii Cardinal

Yeee, i'll start tommorow.

Archived