Cultivated Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:

watch out over there, just expanded my exposure.

I didn't at first! Thing was all jacked up but Iz gots skills. Yeah it's pretty cool. I only had limited time today between calls to play with it and watch it but money well spent. It picked up so much junk and sent it into my media rack for collection. WAAAY better than a koralia.

Hey NRF, yeah it's a business expense now

Hey Stevie, I'm falling behind reading about you and your new toys...

I had to scrap my original Koralia and replace it (bryopsis growing on the old one - I've got it sitting in storage for, oh, a year or so and I figure it will be clean enough for use).

How does the Vortech compare in terms of water movement (direct vs. wide vs. random)? Looking at it, I would think the straight-ahead setup wouldn't be as flexible as the pivot on the Koralia...

I will give you a good answer this coming week. I only got to watch it for an hour total and that was broke up between phone calls. It is more flow overall, it is wider, and it is adjustable.

The fan blades are about 3x as wide as a koralia, don't let the skinnier body fool your eye.

Reserving any more judgment until this coming week.

Hey stevie you have an awsome thread and ive learned a lot hope to start a thread of my own soon just wanted to say thanks for all the great information. :D

Hey stevie you have an awsome thread and ive learned a lot hope to start a thread of my own soon just wanted to say thanks for all the great information. :D

:welcome:

Thank you. I replied to your PM, get that thread going! :D

Tank looks great! Your going to love the Vortech. Did you set up the nighttime/sleep mode?

no not yet, just got it Friday. I will have to stay late one night to set that up or come in on a Friday night or after a softball game and set it up. It's a pretty nifty pump, can't wait to play with it again tomorrow.

I HAVE to take a 1 hr lunch now. So all the projects that I have been putting off will get completed this week :) ATO, lighting, cord minders. Then I guess do bookkeeping for inTank after these are done. 1 hr is so long, they cut us down to 40hrs which is hard to do when the customer is the boss in the mining industry.

I suppose I can finally finish up those direction sheets now.

Done with work, time for work. Done with work time for lunch I mean work. Done with lunch time for work. Done with work time for work.

Needreefunds
Done with work, time for work. Done with work time for lunch I mean work. Done with lunch time for work. Done with work time for work.

Well, hope that all works out for you. :P

Fedex ground??? wtf?? :angry:

These corals are going to be toast. $35 for ground? I work in logistics all day even with inTank, I know prices. Shipping Monday to arrive on Thursday. I told them the have to step it up after my last experience with their company. The box on Thursday will be the judge. If they make it I will be very impressed but with 80% of my corals coming in from shipments I know next day is the best for their survival.

Who knows, they ship every day maybe they know what they are doing.

oh, and your piece ships out tomorrow, not fedex ground :lol:

Congrats on the epic/sought after vortech pump!

:huh:

Mr. Coral is shipping FedEx ground?!

Hope they make it.

I ordered a snowflake eel through live aquaria last august and they shipped through fed ex. The package said specifically to drive around back to the shady north facing side of the house. They left it on the front porch in the full sun in 90+ degree weather. The eel was toast when I got home.

but. . . uh good luck to you!!

Ground?!?! :o I just got my e-mail this morning ... mine is going out overnight for delivery tomorrow morning.

Here is what I am getting:

1 x Green Eye Goblin Acan Echinata

1 x Green Lantern Acan

1 x Rock the Red Acan Bowerbanki

1 x Daytrippers (Zoa)

1 x Pot Of Gold (Zoa)

1 x Red People Eaters (Paly)

1 x Purple People Eater Favia

1 x Aquaman Prism Favia

1 x Free Zoa 3

1 x Free Zoa 2

1 x Free Zoa 1

1 x Free Zoa 4

WTF :angry:

Does he just hate inTank? Maybe because I am in the north and they think it is cooler. Yet it is going to sit on a hot truck, cold plane, hot truck, hot terminal, cold truck in the morning then be delivered dead to me.

WTF :angry:

Does he just hate inTank? Maybe because I am in the north and they think it is cooler. Yet it is going to sit on a hot truck, cold plane, hot truck, hot terminal, cold truck in the morning then be delivered dead to me.

Yeah, something does not seem right, because I would think the acro and acan alone in your order would warrant overnight. Unless they think that ground is quick to you.

Email said it would ship today, delivery on Thursday. That isn't quick IMO for corals

I am going to shoot them another email

Maybe Sonny meant Tuesday and not Thursday

:lol:

The more I look at your tank ... the more I want to set up another nano!!! :D

Please choose a nano that I can provide acrylic crap for :lol:

Ok :D

Mr. Coral meant Tuesday, not Thursday. Phewww

I will have them tomorrow

:happydance: Phew indeed! Glad it was a mistake. He must be hand writing each of those e-mails because he was commenting on our outrageous hot weather (100's all this week) we are having and that I should get the corals in my tank right away.

Needreefunds
Ok :D

Mr. Coral meant Tuesday, not Thursday. Phewww

I will have them tomorrow

See? all that worry for nuttin! :lol:

( whew, that was close! )

Oh and I guess you can forget most of what I said in the PM I sent you before I read that last post of yours :P

:happydance: Phew indeed! Glad it was a mistake. He must be hand writing each of those e-mails because he was commenting on our outrageous hot weather (100's all this week) we are having and that I should get the corals in my tank right away.

Yeah, sort of impressive. But I got something extremely similar, how detailed was yours? More copy and paste, but any email that wasn't sent by a machine is a good one!

See? all that worry for nuttin! :lol:

( whew, that was close! )

Oh and I guess you can forget most of what I said in the PM I sent you before I read that last post of yours :P

Too late :lol:

Archived