Coral Vue Hydros

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

Needreefunds
well no fun in being nice :lol:

:P

Well, looks like a nice job packing. I wondered if perhaps there may have been special attention paid because of who you are, but Seahorsejl posted that is not the case. So cool deal so far. I hope they settle in nicely for ya buddy. Seems like a long time since you added new corlz. Best of luck with them. B)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. It does seem this is how corals are packed by Mr. Coral and not just for StevieT. I would hope no special attention was given just to me. Going to check on the corals soon :) have to visit my tank :(

Holy sh*T steve nice tank. i see you writing up threads all the time. first time ive looked at your tank. looks very similar to mine. almost same coral/fish. Good work

Holy sh*T steve nice tank. i see you writing up threads all the time. first time ive looked at your tank. looks very similar to mine. almost same coral/fish. Good work

Thank you and thanks for stopping by. Get a thread up so we can see your tank!

Tank is simply stunning Steve. Been a while since I've tried to catchup with your thread. Whenever I check in on it, you always have such healthy looking coral and I always forget the fish you have in there as well.

New additions look great....packaging looked great as well...even the "coral restraint" (newspaper) as they were called by someone ;)

Wow...they will actually print the days latest news on it as well :D

Wait, there is "news" on there? I thought you could only get that on the interweb

Tank looks great Stevie! BTW...I have gotten basically ALL my corals (except for my red skirts from KIM!) from Mr. C (because he is local) and I have never had a problem. I am a "regular" there and always treated great. Just my 2 cents... :happy:

Those pics from Rose were AWFUL! The tank was sooo gorgeous! Do we have ANY ideas what may be causing some RSM's to crack like that???!!! It is so scary to think about...what an absolute nightmare that would be! :scarry:

Well dry water is the number one killer of Red Sea Max's in the United States.

Mr. Coral stepped it up this time around, now only if I was a hottie then I would get free frags. :flower:

How does the Vortech compare in terms of water movement (direct vs. wide vs. random)? Looking at it, I would think the straight-ahead setup wouldn't be as flexible as the pivot on the Koralia...

OK, I am in love with this pump. It moves so much water in a good way. The fan impeller is huge compared to a Koralia. The footprint is over half as less. My filter floss was clogged up after one day of use, this was all the junk the vortech found that the K2 left just sit on the dead spots.

Expensive pump, can you have a reef without one, sure duh. But toys are fun :D

Tank looks great! Your going to love the Vortech. Did you set up the nighttime/sleep mode?

I set this up last night. I had to run to work so the opportunity came about. I just wonder if you unplug the unit does it have a battery to store memory like the timer for night mode? I would think so that is pretty cheap technology.

ATO should be hooked up tomorrow :)

tank looks great love your new frags....I think every one wants to like stevie lol hey i was thinking of looking into my first mail order experience care to comment on a few youve had good luck with

tank looks great love your new frags....I think every one wants to like stevie lol hey i was thinking of looking into my first mail order experience care to comment on a few youve had good luck with

mr. coral (recently)

Marine Depot (no long available for livestock)

Mvite a bunch ( no longer available)

zoanuts

Prop (member here)

other members here

that's all I can think of now, Mvite hooked me up most of the time, plus I could send him prepaid UPS ND air labels, you have no idea how much I saved on freight.

It is good to like StevieT :lol:

vortech!!!!!! sweet! i wana find a used one cheap.... lol verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice

good luck, they hold their value.

Dry water? :unsure:

Glad Mr. C did well! Haha...I've gotten lotsa free frags! :P Of course he has awesome BOGO sales at the store! It is good to live local! I am posting new pics this weekend! Seriously! ...I even have a special surprise I know you will like! :ninja::happydance:

Finnex M system

Even though my RSM exploded last week I have been actively investigating a replacement for the RSM.

Has anyone had any experience or feedback on the Finnex M system?

This tank will fit on my existing RSM base and is a complete self contained nano setup with a built in refugium/light, skimmer, pumps and T5/HQI/LED light.

Granted it is not as sleek looking as the RSM but looks a little more bullet proof seeing that it doesn't have the curved glass corners. This should look similar to Stevies RSM with the aftermarket light where you can see the skimmer cup and all but still is not too guawdy looking.

Robert

I set this up last night. I had to run to work so the opportunity came about. I just wonder if you unplug the unit does it have a battery to store memory like the timer for night mode? I would think so that is pretty cheap technology.

No it loses it's memory.

Finnex M system

Even though my RSM exploded last week I have been actively investigating a replacement for the RSM.

Has anyone had any experience or feedback on the Finnex M system?

This tank will fit on my existing RSM base and is a complete self contained nano setup with a built in refugium/light, skimmer, pumps and T5/HQI/LED light.

Granted it is not as sleek looking as the RSM but looks a little more bullet proof seeing that it doesn't have the curved glass corners. This should look similar to Stevies RSM with the aftermarket light where you can see the skimmer cup and all but still is not too guawdy looking.

Robert

There is a finnex thread here on N-R. If you can't find it I can get you a link. I am sure there is lots of feedback contained. Nice that it will fit on the stand

No it loses it's memory.

:angry:

That's dumb. I want to turn my pump off during feeding just because I have a mandarin. Even with the feeding mode it still moves water just enough and the mandarin does better with food just sitting on the bottom on the sand.

Yep. I don't like it for that very reason. A simple on-off button would have been sufficient. I too like to turn it off for feeding and the only way to do it is to reach inside my cabinet and pull the cord. I wish there was a simple on-off switch on the motor housing.

you could install a switch pretty easily. I may wire one up one day but the control box is on my door so easy access. After the mandarin gets his fill I turn the circulation pump on to feed the corals, then after it is mostly gone the filtration pumps go on.

So what color freebie zoa did you get? All of my freebies opened up yesterday except for the redish ones. They were still thinking about it (and the polyp size on them where much much smaller than the others).

The orange ones, same as yours with the green opened yesterday. The others were still closed as of this morning. So I can't remember... looking back at my post with items listed

It doesn't list the type, I think all but the red ones you have which look really nice.

That's dumb. I want to turn my pump off during feeding just because I have a mandarin. Even with the feeding mode it still moves water just enough and the mandarin does better with food just sitting on the bottom on the sand.

If you want to put it into standby, hold the two buttons on the top of the unit down until the lights start flashing red, white, blue...just like when you set night mode. Instead of holding them both down again to enter in Night mode, when you are done feeding, just press the button on the right twice and you will go back to normal operation.

Sorry I can't be more specific, trying to remember what it looks like without it right in front of me :)

If you want to put it into standby, hold the two buttons on the top of the unit down until the lights start flashing red, white, blue...just like when you set night mode. Instead of holding them both down again to enter in Night mode, when you are done feeding, just press the button on the right twice and you will go back to normal operation.

Sorry I can't be more specific, trying to remember what it looks like without it right in front of me :)

wow, thank you great idea!

The buttons are on the bottom but I can picture what you mean. Today is feeding day so we will try it out. :D

wow that is an amazing tank. love how clean it is and that clam and mushroom rock is sweet.

Thank you :)

Archived