StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
I could quit anytime

I used to say that about smoking.

Quitting was so easy..... I quit all the time, 5-6 times a year some years. ;)

Finally did kick it some years back. -_-

This wadka dosing, you really think you may see a difference already huh?

I have been reading about this, but FEAR :scarry: has prevented me from starting.

Militant Jurist

I have to sit through a lecture on substance abuse before I'm allowed to sit for the bar in my state. I wonder if I should ask a question "for my saltwater aquarium." :huh: "Seriously, it needs the vodka!"

Needreefunds
I have to sit through a lecture on substance abuse before I'm allowed to sit for the bar in my state. I wonder if I should ask a question "for my saltwater aquarium." :huh: "Seriously, it needs the vodka!"

Yeah, I remember years ago, my old man lectured me before I sat at the bar too.....

Militant Jurist
Yeah, I remember years ago, my old man lectured me before I sat at the bar too.....

Why do I have a feeling we're not talking about the same bar.... :lol:

No, I don't think I am seeing anything from the wadka dosing. I am sure that it was a low algae day. I have had too many tests in my life to jump to those conclusions this early. But I am excited to see less algae to work on either way. As the tank is in an office it has to be picture perfect, I have an image and rep to uphold :mellow:

I'm from Wisconsin, we are born in bars.... you guys are pussies

Militant Jurist
how much voka you dose?

dont know how ill buy it... but hell sound good...

Way to go StevieT.... you're encouraging underage dosing!

DUDE.... read the thread

Good thing that kids can't read! :P

StevieT does not encourage underage dosing. Kids, be cool stay in school. Don't underage dose your aquarium unless in a state that allows for parents permission and consumption of tank purchased alcohol. Please check with all state and local laws before starting your dosing regiment. See our AD in Life magazine and be aware of side effects. Always dose in moderation. 21 means 21.

how much voka you dose?

dont know how ill buy it... but hell sound good...

For the minors in the crowd, you could try using the Polyp Lab Reef Fuel system in place of vodka dosing. It is based on similar principles (I believe), and I have seen some good results with it. But it is pricey to get started.

Militant Jurist
StevieT does not encourage underage dosing. Kids, be cool stay in school. Don't underage dose your aquarium unless in a state that allows for parents permission and consumption of tank purchased alcohol. Please check with all state and local laws before starting your dosing regiment. See our AD in Life magazine and be aware of side effects. Always dose in moderation. 21 means 21.

And No means Yes. Oh wait. Or does No mean No. It's so confusing! :o

For the minors in the crowd, you could try using the Polyp Lab Reef Fuel system in place of vodka dosing. It is based on similar principles (I believe), and I have seen some good results with it. But it is pricey to get started.

Sugar also works. However, for any kind of carbon dosing, read this and other sources first.

Thanks. My GPS is not doing well. I don't know if it is the new lighting, new flow or just the relocation. I was looking back on old pictures and it was 10x as big and full. Good thing it is only GSP, yet I liked the front lawn look of it.

I see you took the hydro flow off.How do you like the new light.

yeah, junked it a while ago. It kept getting stuck but was about 2 years old. With the vortech it is not needed. The light isn't new (February) but I like it.

Nice pics. The tank is coming along nicely. I really love that clam!

Thank you, which one? I like the new blue one can't wait for it to be as large as the purple corcea

Great shots of the Mandarin! Such a beautiful fish.

Thanks, he is very camera shy so any clear shot I can get I have to post

It doesn't mind people but the camera spooks it

wow that is a beautiful tank, its ahrd to believe some of those shots came from a tank so small

Thank you. Nano reefs can be as beautiful as the big boys :D

I love seeing this tank slowly morph more and more into an SPS dominated tank. Very nice StevieT. Very nice.

Thanks, the top is now almost 100% SPS. It grows slow but I can wait

Your tank looks great.

I like the mandarin pics!!

Thank you.

Two year anniversary video and pictures coming up soon!

Militant Jurist

What kind of party is being planned for the 2 year anniversary? Oh, and I'm glad that you are now promoting the just say no to underage dosing cause! B)

Absolutely beautiful tank. I started my red sea about 8 months ago, and follow your thread closely. Thanks for all the help and inspiration.

post-45891-1251689912_thumb.jpg

Archived