Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What kind of party is being planned for the 2 year anniversary? Oh, and I'm glad that you are now promoting the just say no to underage dosing cause! B)

humm. How about some High Definition video and lots of pictures? Even night pictures which means me going into the office after hours and finding the breaker to shut off the motion sensing lights.

Thanks for inspiration, underage dosing is a huge problem with today's kids.

Absolutely beautiful tank. I started my red sea about 8 months ago, and follow your thread closely. Thanks for all the help and inspiration.

Thank you and :welcome:

If and when you start a tank thread shoot me a PM so I can add you to the RSM owners thread

very nice looking RSM!

I was referring to the blue maxima in post #2738. Awesome!

It has such a vibrant color came from Dr. Mac

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Stevie, new to this forum as a member but have been following for a while now, just placed an order for your rack and skimmer cup, as have totally given up now on the standard supplied ones. I have had the rd sea max now for about 14 months and it is coming along very nicely, albeit with micro bubbles, which hopefully when i make the mods with the rack and a new Tunze skimmer will finally eradicate this problem. I have also installed the new surface skimmer provided by Red Sea Max which allows you to fill the tank and still have effective surface skimming. I hav a question which is, I have 20 Kg of live rock in the tank, but i also have about 2kg of live rock rubble in the third compartment instead of the bio balls, after reading a lot of posts it sounds like a lot of people have removed everything from the third compartment, is this the case, could i get away from removing the live rock rubble from the third compartment. I will try and post a pic of the tank before and after the mods i make when i get the peices.

Thanks

Bren

:welcome:

You should have the third chamber empty especially if you are going to run the media basket. Over time the rock acts just like the bioballs and traps detritus which will lead to nitrates. You have plenty of rock in your display and that is your bio-filtration. Any in your rear chambers only is a risk and will add nothing to you system.

inTank you for your order.

The water cooler talks must be held allot at the tank area. B)

"Is that saltwater?"

"Those plants are alive?!"

"I bet that takes a lot of work to maintain"

I like educating others on the saltwater hobby. But I am always surprised about how little people know about coral. I guess I watched too much discovery channel before getting into this hobby.

Most people don't know corals are a living organisms, when i was cleaning my tank and my 19 year old nephew came to visit he was amazed that when i accidently touched my anemone that it went back in his hiding place... But he is a pothead anyway so did not surprise me anyway that he did not knew it. :rolleyes:

Almost every AIO brand that is available in the US can be found here, mostly is the RSM, the one from Sera i also have seen more in the stores:

http://www.sera.de/index.php?id=888&L=4

and i have seen the brand Aquatlantis allot here.

Btw, i did a quick search here, but i could not find anything about it, here in Europe there is a new product available called Zeozym, it has been very effective against Cynano and Bryopsis outbreak and it's really popular since it's release last october.

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/shop/produ...770_zeozym.html

It uses natural enzymes so no chemical junk that harms corals/rocks and fish!

Archived