Coral Vue Hydros

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice. I just have to make a jig to pop them out many at a time. I did this in one of the basket jigs, not fast enough but it worked for the prototype.

I suck. I totally missed the two year anniversary of this tank.

I will try and get that put together soon. I was busy deciding to break up with my GF of 3 years and I bought a house on Sunday! Yeah, moving again.... I haz $8000 check now please?

Question on your lights

1. How do you like them?

2. Do you have both hqi and t5 lights on at the same time?

3. Do they come with good reflectors?

I'm looking to buy this light unit or the Hamilton Belize sun light unit.

Lulz.

Stevie, can't wait for the anniversary update!

I know, me either :lol:

Question on your lights

1. How do you like them?

Very nice light, much better than stock

2. Do you have both hqi and t5 lights on at the same time?

Yes, and no. I have a 24hr light cycle so there is a moon rise/set sunrise/set

3. Do they come with good reflectors?

Yes

I'm looking to buy this light unit or the Hamilton Belize sun light unit.

I do know it is discontinued

Congrats on the house! Owning a 'hoe' is fun. ;) +1 to needing a new tank for the new house. :D

Wait... i thought he dumped the hoe..... i'm so confused....

How about a new hoe for the house to take care of the new tank?

:P

Iv checked on their site and it's still listed, so I'll call them tomorrow. Thanks!

great, they must still have inventory most online retailers do not carry them anymore.

Congrats on the house! Owning a 'hoe' is fun. ;) +1 to needing a new tank for the new house. :D

Thanks, closing is October 30th.

I got the hoe inspected last week, went well no SDTs' that they could fin.

How about a new hoe for the house to take care of the new tank?

:P

i'm liking this. The old hoe is not 100% gone but I am debating on importing her to Wisconsin or leaving her in flatland. Hoes are confusing. Debating the single rich guy thing now that I own a fancy new hoe'tel

Militant Jurist
i'm liking this. The old hoe is not 100% gone but I am debating on importing her to Wisconsin or leaving her in flatland. Hoes are confusing. Debating the single rich guy thing now that I own a fancy new hoe'tel

Live it up man! I'm currently rockin the "single guy with a house" angle too. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Stevie,

Ok I want to upgrade to the Tunze9002 protein skimmer, I'm a little confused about the whole custom collection cup, and how to mount it. Can I order this custom cup from you? Then when I get it, does the skimmer go right in? Do I need to mount magnets on the skimmer?

Stevie,

Ok I want to upgrade to the Tunze9002 protein skimmer, I'm a little confused about the whole custom collection cup, and how to mount it. Can I order this custom cup from you? Then when I get it, does the skimmer go right in? Do I need to mount magnets on the skimmer?

This should help out a lot

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/product.sc?pr...mp;categoryId=9

pictures there will explain how to mount it. The skimmer goes right in if you mount it to the media basket. You do not need to mount magnets to the body if you do not mind it attached to the media basket.

Collection cup just pops on top of the skimmer, same as stock.

:o Amazing pics bro...

That's NOT the stock lens is it??? :mellow:

It is the stock lens. The only other lens I currently own is 55-250mm so stock it is for aquarium pics and close ups.

I'm trying to figure out where the scratches in the pic came from, maybe on the glass of the tank.

omgomgomg

Had to hook it up today since my heater was failing. Got my spare stealth in there quick;always a good idea to have a spare heater, they are the #1 cause of tank failure.

Half ass for now but it works great to control the heater and fans. Had this unit since June and never had time to fully hook it up. I want to do a nice job and flush mount it in a custom side piece for the tank. Too busy upgrading everyone else tank to have time for my own. :(

IMG_6106-1.jpg

Would love to see the StevieT simplified guide to installing and setting up the RKL.... complete with pics.

But understand you may be too busy for that these days.... :-)

I've barely had time to install and find a single mode for my MP10 to run in... I'm still pulling the power out to feed. How are us reading-challenged folks supposed to stay state-of-the-art without StevieT making it simple for us simpletons? B)

omgomgomg

Had to hook it up today since my heater was failing. Got my spare stealth in there quick;always a good idea to have a spare heater, they are the #1 cause of tank failure.

Half ass for now but it works great to control the heater and fans. Had this unit since June and never had time to fully hook it up. I want to do a nice job and flush mount it in a custom side piece for the tank. Too busy upgrading everyone else tank to have time for my own. :(

IMG_6106-1.jpg

When I set it up fully I will have lots of pictures. I have done it throughout this thread so why not continue? This is temporary but really effective my temperature is within a degree in 24 hours. Next up is to calibrate the PH probe.

When I set it up fully I will have lots of pictures. I have done it throughout this thread so why not continue? This is temporary but really effective my temperature is within a degree in 24 hours. Next up is to calibrate the PH probe.

Nice purchase.

I just bought the RKM-SL2 this morning to go along with my ReefKeeper Lite. I also got a salinity probe and another temp probe for redundancy. You should buy those things and make a guide on how to install them so I don't have to call the tech support people :happy:

Archived