April2009.jpg

Moving

aprilmove2009.jpg

August 2009

August2009.jpg

October 2009

FTSFront2.jpg

Very nice shots!

Its so cool to look at a tank from month to month. you think these corals grow so slow but when you look at pics from month to month it blows me away how much they grow.

Are you starting to see any color back in your green slimmer yet? Im so bummed it bleached on you. :angry:

I am putting off getting a new light for just this reason.

No. I don't know if it is the light though. It was fine for months under that light. Maybe time for a new bulb. I did mess around with vodka and mag yet it is just on the part most exposed to the light. Again maybe time for a new set up bulbs I wouldn't worry about the fixture if I was you.

I need to look into that soon, experimenting with a frag in a new location of a tank.

No. I don't know if it is the light though. It was fine for months under that light. Maybe time for a new bulb. I did mess around with vodka and mag yet it is just on the part most exposed to the light. Again maybe time for a new set up bulbs I wouldn't worry about the fixture if I was you.

I need to look into that soon, experimenting with a frag in a new location of a tank.

yea who knows if it was the light or not. I just got an MP10 :D so I will need to wait on a light anyway.

Love the MP10 wonderfull product! everything they promise!!!

Hey Stevie can I get a cover for the back of my 130D? I have a lead on an Outer Orbit fixture like yours and the wifey will only sign the purchase order if it looks clean. :)

Hey Stevie can I get a cover for the back of my 130D? I have a lead on an Outer Orbit fixture like yours and the wifey will only sign the purchase order if it looks clean. :)

No sorry. One of right now. You not only need the cover but a shorter cup as well if you want the light to slide over the rear compartment without removing the cup. I just don't have the time to do custom projects with all the production products I have out there and the current order demand.

It's amazing how much growth you've had with that green slimer ( monti digi?)!

No idea, I don't get into the coral names much. I think it came from Mvite.

No sorry. One of right now. You not only need the cover but a shorter cup as well if you want the light to slide over the rear compartment without removing the cup. I just don't have the time to do custom projects with all the production products I have out there and the current order demand.

No problem. Will the Outer Orbit slide back with your square cup I have on my Tunze? I really need a new light and the Outer Orbit seems to win the popularity contest by far.

No problem. Will the Outer Orbit slide back with your square cup I have on my Tunze? I really need a new light and the Outer Orbit seems to win the popularity contest by far.

Have you had any luck finding the 24" outer orbit? This product is discontinued.

Cup will have to be removed when you want to slide the light to access the tank for maintenance.

Bio Balls out, live rock rubble in:

balls1.jpg

balls2.jpg

Looks like I hit my photo limit so as soon as there is a reply there will be more!

I'm a little confused, are you saying don't put a media bag full of LR rubble in the back chambers of the tank?

I'm a little confused, are you saying don't put a media bag full of LR rubble in the back chambers of the tank?

It has the same potential as using bio-balls or ceramic rings. Have the right amount of Live Rock in the display and you won't need rubble in the rear chambers. The little bit of bio-filtration you add isn't worth the trouble, IMO.

Instead of deleting the post and ruining the continuity of this great thread, Steve went back and edited some posts as his reefing knowledge grew. Props to him for this IMO as we all benefit by not making the same mistakes, yet we still get to see exactly how this beautiful reef tank came to be what it is today. What worked, what did not and what adjustments were made along the way. He did run the media bag for a time but it was removed likely for the reasons Scott mentioned.

Archived