SaltCritters.com

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

Things are going to look a little purple. These are the first pics since I changed to the phoenix bulb, apparently my camera wants to make it look purple instead of blue. Settings needed.

IMG_7085.jpg

IMG_7088.jpg

IMG_7089.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7093.jpg

IMG_7094.jpg

IMG_7096.jpg

IMG_7101.jpg

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whats circled in the 6th pic?

some kind of encrusting coral. It was orangish, no idea what it was called but it isn't doing well now.

I expected alot worse with a temp of 61. Doesn't look to bad.

same thoughts here

Mandarin is fine, ate today like nothing happened. I think they all went to sleep then woke up said WTF and resumed normal life.

dude!!!!

Buy and iphone :D , unlock it B), down load a webcam app that will stream live video to your iphone (give me access) :P, set up the cam right in front of your amazing seamax :bowdown: and check in on your reef whenever and from where ever you want like a :ninja:!!!

:naughtydance:

Disclaimer: I do not condone or participate in any of the aforementioned. I am simply providing information.

:lol:

Steve don't worry about it, I had a 180 and the Chiller reset over the weekend to 55! Everything looked dead, and few lucky days later and everything was fine!

Stevie, i think a few pics back you had a cover over your filtration chambers?

Is that a new product?

Or where can i get one?

custom one of a kind filtration cover. I do not have time to offer it now.

My day job is at very large corporation so if I can't do it myself I do not think I can ask anyone to set it up on the IT side. It would be fun to send in a help desk ticket for my tank :lol: .

TO: ASAP USA HELP

Subject: NET module reef tank

Hi. I need to route my net module though our server/network so I can see my Reefkeeper over the internet. It will send out text messages and emails as well, please set up on blackberry server. The reef tank is the center point of the Milwaukee Super Store and mining/drilling customers purchase $600K machines because it is here.

Any questions please send me a sametime or respond to ticket.

Best Regards-

Please fire me

We have IT staff on the east cost on in Denver, CO, this isn't like a small operation where you just call a service and have them do it.

We'll see, I figured give it a try if it doesn't work I'm not out money.

New pictures taken today of the aftermath, will upload soon.

You might be able to get the email portion setup without any intervention. You wouldnt be able to get the web server setup without some help from Mr Evil Corp IT man.

How is the tank doing after the unfortunate disaster?

Lost almost all SPS. Still alive is my large green slimer acro, red stag, superman monti. My huge purple monti in the middle is almost all white except for the edges. Debating what do do with it.

Better than expected yet there are huge holes where coral used to be for years :(

Thank you. I will work on getting new pictures soon. We have the big bosses in our office all week so I will have to wait until they fly out.

I am thinking about your tray idea. Yet placing it under the intake instead of using the pump chamber. It would be easier to access and I have tons of room now since I replaced the skimmer. If you take out the control pannel where all the wires sit, picture seeing through to the heater towards the bottom! The tunze is shorter so you can see through.

I would still run the sponges and floss to prevent detritus clogging up the bags. I keep my purigen there right now, connected to one of the sponges with a zip tie. I figured it would be easier to change instead of going in to the chamber of death.

Steve I am not replying to the topic being spoken about but have read pages and pages of your tank and feel you are the only one to help.

I have been running my tank for almost a year now apart from noisy pumps fans etc all has been good. (fans and pumps all replaced now)

My initial start up i could not get rid of the air bubbles so I turned one of the pumps off.

This week I was sent the surface skimmer, so again tried with two pumps again bubbles, but if I switch the skimmer off they stop. I read your Tunze upgrade post and would like to do that but I have no access to the back of the tank as it is against the wall. The stock skimmer I have has had the upgraded pump and the skimmer has been very good. I will add the pipe to the exhaust and drill the lid and go from there.

My main question is do I need two pumps( I see you have one and a koralia is this correct)

I have 1 pump off at the mo and 1 x Koralia at the back of the live rock for flow. Your thoughts would be much appreciated. Fantastic looking tank. If I had one like that in my office I would never get any work done.

I have both stock pumps and a vortech mp20

The post you are replying to is two years old. You don't have to reply to a post to make a response on N-R.

More pumps the more flow and the better filtration you will have so yes you should use both. You do not need access to the the back of your tank to install the Tunze 9002. I am a little confused why you think you do.

Archived