inTank Media Baskets

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

Good filtration, chemi pure, purigen, filter floss, skimmer.

I do bi-weekly water changes

Great pics Stevie. I like the school you just picked up. How do you keep your water so clear, weekly water changes I guess right?

Bruce

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is the volume of water that you change when you do your water change?

I do 5gal every other week do u think thats approprate?

Yes, I do 4 gallons

What size chemipure Elite do you use?

11.74 oz supplied by Boyd directly :happy:

Didn't you want to hang the light when you moved?

I wanted to hang it when I first purchased but than learned that my day job was closing my store.

Then when I moved the spot it was installed was right above a cold air return. The return is rather large and directly above the tank is a 4x2' piece of egg crate.

So I can't :angry: but have gotten pretty used to it being on the tank. I just slide it back to maintain, nothing too hard.

Good filtration, chemi pure, purigen, filter floss, skimmer.

I do bi-weekly water changes

I also use chemi pure. Do you have chemi pure and purigen in the same chamber or seperate from each other?

Bruce

They are in the same chamber in my media basket and all water hits the media basket first.

Filter floss

purigen

Chemi pure elite

Last week I put a bag of 11oz chemipure elite after a water change for the first time in the media rack. I notices that the bag was resticting the flow so I had to take the bag and just tossed it in the middle chamber. Help!

• 2 weeks later...

I debate that every day but would rather keep the money in the business for now. I actually debate moving my tank home more and more then I look back at my moving thread and turn the brain off.

No, I gave it up after the temp probe failure. It was also driving my mag all out of wack. My corals went though the 12 step program.

• 2 weeks later...
Militant Jurist
That is a lotta views!

I think it's all StevieT. He just sits there and keeps hitting refresh.

:P

Tis true..

The more you hit refresh the closer I get to curing the dry water syndrome. Only 100,000 more views and my water is officially wet

on a side note Digital Aquatics wants me to pay for the net module they gave me for free after my incident. Good luck DA, have fun with this one.

Archived