SaltCritters.com

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I noticed you took your overflow box out. Does everyone do this? What purpose does this thing serve anyway? Should I take it out?

I never had an overflow box. I have the 130 which was pre intake skimmer box days. I never purchased one because I don't need it and don't want it sticking out in the tank. I regulate my surface film by keeping my water level 1/4" below the black molding.

very nice photos Stevie

:D

your tank has come along way since the begining and is an insperation to so many thank you for keeping your thread alive and so informitive any time i have a question about my rsm I come here first as many do i suppose but mainly just wanted to say thanks for everything you have done for the hobby and my rsm personally :D

You know I always had wondered if the name was in reference to OfficeMax. I didn't notice it till I saw it in one of the pictures on the last page. Did you actually have that etched into the glass or is it just a sticker?

I worked for the company for about 3 and a half years on the retail end. Just kinda interesting finding it slapped onto the side of one of the best looking tanks on this site.

It is not directly related to the company OfficeMax.

Red Sea Max + in my office = "The OfficeMax" The name was given to me by a member 2+ years ago and it stuck. I used their logo as branding.

What you see on the tank is a sticker I made with frosted vinyl. There is also an inTank sticker on the stand with the same vinyl, you can see it slightly in the right light which is pretty cool.

I have a vinyl cutter to brand all inTank products, comes in handy when you want custom stuff.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Hey im buying a media rack from an someone thats takeing there tank down and was going to ask are the differances i noticed on your your site just cosmetic or did you change the functionalty of the design?

good the older ones are prob better then ....... Quality hand made sh*t. lol :happydance:

ok thanks just wanted to make sure I could still mount the tunze to it :D

The tank is looking good Mr. Mediabuckets :P

I think I missed something somewhere, what fish do you have now?

<- Whoa lotta posts

:lol::blush:

woot 7,000?

+ 12,113

you have a long way to go before anyone cares about you here

Current Fish in order of age in tank:

B&W Clown

Mandarin

Bangaii

(3) chromis

Green Clown Goby

Soon to have tailspot blenny when the LFS calls me

+ 12,113

you have a long way to go before anyone cares about you here

Current Fish in order of age in tank:

B&W Clown

Mandarin

Bangaii

(3) chromis

Green Clown Goby

Soon to have tailspot blenny when the LFS calls me

One day I will become as great as you, master. :P

Doesn't that seem like a lot? And the clown goby hasn't eaten your SPS? How many actual gallons of water volume do you think your tank has, an estimate.

Not yet but I just got him Friday.

Maybe 26 gallons

Hopefully he doesn't.

Alright, I like all the fish, I was just thinking about the bioload from all those fish.

True, but I mean doesn't a lot of food go into feeding the mandarin? That plus feeding a clown and 3 chromis I would think would start to add up. But then again your tank is bigger than mine, and I have basically all SPS lol.

Actually the new fish help with the food load. A lot was going to "waste" because of the mandarin. So the new fish will eat it up. I don't really over feed but the mandarin is a scatter brain and has to be babied.

I specifically picked the chromis' to get all the random small stuff he won't. The clown will only eat by her frogspawn and the bangaii only larger pieces.

I just build a custom feeding tube that hangs on the rim of the tank for the mandarin today and will train him to use it starting Friday.

Any extra food gets blown around and eaten by the corals. After the water is clear than the filtration pumps come on. All water hits filter floss first so anything extra is thrown away and has no chance of breaking down in the rear chambers.

Also, more flow = no chance of food buildup

Archived