Cultivated Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait so they gave it to you? And now they want you to pay? Poor planning on their part lol.

I paid for everything per their deal. I paid for the return shipping on the bad probe (they wouldn't provide their UPS account #). I paid for the new probe and I paid for the net. I also sent them an invoice for all of those expenses and the loss of livestock. They then refunded my entire paypal payment since it was less than my invoice.

Today I recevied an email and an invoice via paypal for the cost of the inbound shipping for the temp probe and net including the cost of the net module. This is some two months later give or take.

I am happy to pay for the net if they will agree to pay for my livestock lost or at least half. They are ahead by just providing a net module.

They have admitted that their old temp probes are junk and all have to be replaced. Great but that doesn't bring my corals some of which were 3+ years old back to life.

Business is business and I have the know how to play the game.

I am threatened with collection action, loss of warranty on all DA products I own and well nothing much else because they have no real marret/cource of action. A paypal invoice isn't very professional. Thank god they don't have my CC number, although that would be fun to dispute, expensive on their end.

Apparently my refund should have never been given in the first place for the entire purchase. It was a mistake by one of their "business managers."

Good luck collecting that DA. If you have the time to fight it I will make it. If you have the money to fight it I will watch you waste it.

The choice is yours. Play nice and I will be quiet.

Wow thats really weird. Sorry man, hopefully it all works out. I don't know why they think they can get money 2 months later...

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I haven't decided if I will just ignore it and call them crazy or keep responding with invoices of my lost livestock.

Quarter is ending, they are going through the books.

I say keep asking them. If they are going to do that to you. Honestly what can they do besides take away your warranty?

Not much but waste their time. I don't even think they can take the warranty away on the items I actually paid for.

Not much but waste their time. I don't even think they can take the warranty away on the items I actually paid for.

Oh really? Haha yea I guess they couldn't could they...:D

Sue em

:lol:

i just pretty much took a half an hour and looked through the whole thread..... OH MY GAWD!!!

your tank is beautiful.. i love what you have done with it and all of the cool pics and underwater videos you have taken.. how this tank has grown is beyond me.. you have done wonders for this tank and i hope you keep up with this greatness

nice job man!!

-Ryan

WOW... That is really chicken#### on the part of DA!!! :angry: I've been glad to give them some business in the past, but now I read this, and have second thoughts for sure about any business in the future!!!

They screwed up... Fine... EAT IT DA! Don't come after the customer for the money 2 months after the fact... Bad form indeed DA!!!

That is all. -_- I say you keep screwing with them as much as you can bro!

B)

I will let it play out for a few days and see what happens. I am willing to pay for the net module, well actually did once already if they are willing to pay for a percentage of my livestock losses. I have read over their entire warranty and nowhere does it say they are not responsible for livestock loss if their equipment fails if used correctly.

I really want to post some of these emails just to show you guys how they do business, but will hold off for a little bit.

The warranty on my RKL has 3 months left on it anyway...

:scarry:

It is a neat product but they made a crappy temp probe and know it. The new temp probe is different and hopefully will not fail like the last. They also do not include any direction sheets with this unit and expect you to find their forum which is full of even more lack of direction.

Insurance in case of the next temp probe failure

netmodule.jpg

Prob a good a idea^

Well hopefully if it craps out, it decided to do in the next three months.

Hows the tank looking by the way?

Tank is looking really nice. The purple monti is grown over it's dead parts. I was going to take pics today but forgot to bring the camera to the office.

Almost time to invest in some new corals to fill in the areas that DA killed.

If the unit died, which I don't suspect I will go with a different brand. I would never treat my customers like they treated me.

Tank is looking really nice. The purple monti is grown over it's dead parts. I was going to take pics today but forgot to bring the camera to the office.

Almost time to invest in some new corals to fill in the areas that DA killed.

If the unit died, which I don't suspect I will go with a different brand. I would never treat my customers like they treated me.

Good to hear! Sounds like you may need to frag that monti....:)

Oh really? What are you going to get?

Yea probably a good idea. I would say inTank is a pretty good company to deal with lol

I found this on Sunday. Mrs. Clown has somehthing in her lip. She went exploring over the weekend and got caught. It looks like some really hard macro stuck in the top of her lip. Instant the green fish net appears she hides in the back. I almost caught her by hand doing the flake food feeding trick.

fishhook.jpg

hook2.jpg

post2.jpg

post3.jpg

post.jpg

That blenny sure is a neat fish!

Hopefully you can get that thing off the clown, they are really tough though anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

You seem to be an expert on the RSM. I have the RSM 130, and I was wondering if there was any additional equipment that would be good for the RSM 130. I'll be a the LFS getting some supplies for my 14g BC, so if there is anything I should get let me know. I'm thinking about getting the flow rotating deflector thingies. Are there a curtain type or size for the RSM 130? Thanks! Love your tank! :happy:

Archived