inTank Media Baskets

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

WindCloudWRX
I don't have a pic of the 39g skimmer by itself but it certainly can be taken out for cleaning very easily. I just did mine over the weekend.

Do u know the dimensions and the size of pump?

thanks

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry WindCloud, I don't. I'd ask Ken at www.oceanreeflections.com or Eddit at Cadlights. Both were very helpful to me when I purchased my Cad.

WindCloudWRX
Sorry WindCloud, I don't. I'd ask Ken at www.oceanreeflections.com or Eddit at Cadlights. Both were very helpful to me when I purchased my Cad.

So it pulls straight up and down into the chamber? It's a straight style skimmer right?

Very easy to clean Windcloud, don't worry on that account. Of course the cup pops off for emptying and the entire unit slides right out for more major cleaning of the lower chamber. Very simple.

Thank you.

Do you happen to know the pump?

Cadlight website doesn't really say.

Looks nice though.

Nope, as I don't own a CAD. But email CAD directly, or ask the CAD rep that's registered on here in the sponsor forum.

thelastmucci

Hey CAD owners....I've had a tank since 03/08...just now cycling...have had all sorts of troubles..posted in the beginners thread..because as much as we all would like to think so after researching these things, we're all noobs in the end. I hope to be as active as possible in these forums.

WindCloudWRX

I've emailed them, and was wondering if anyone knows of a more direct contact w/ Eddie or someone who can help me?

They've replied, but it's been a while since then.

Thanks.

thelastmucci

if you give me abou 100 then I'll go grab the number for you.

718-763-8024....Eddie is touch and go as far as the phone goes but hopefully you'll be able to catch him.

WindCloudWRX
if you give me abou 100 then I'll go grab the number for you.

718-763-8024....Eddie is touch and go as far as the phone goes but hopefully you'll be able to catch him.

I rather not pressure to much on the phone, it's nothing serious. I just wanna place an order lol !

But had to contact them first. When Eddie e-mails me back, I hope it's good.

I rather not pressure to much on the phone, it's nothing serious. I just wanna place an order lol !

But had to contact them first. When Eddie e-mails me back, I hope it's good.

Just order through Ken @ OceanReeflections. He's in direct contact with eddie constantly, and has about the best customer support out there! He's also very quick and can contact Eddie and get orders in pretty quickly.

WindCloudWRX

I'm about to join the Cadlight Owner's Club.

Working out things with Eddie via E-Mail. I'm so excited !

I'm thinking about putting a mag 7 drive instead of a 5 in there LOL!

WindCloudWRX
I thought this was the cadlights owners thread....if you here haven't you already joined?

Are you trynna be wise? :happy:

I've thought about it and researched in this thread.

I guess you could say, I haven't OFFICIALLY owned one yet, but soon I will.

Obsessed Reefer

Does anybody run MH on their CAD? If so, which fixture do you use? I know that CAD limits the display area to their tanks, due to the sump area. If someone could post some side shots of their 22g, I would greatly appreciate it.

Does anybody run MH on their CAD? If so, which fixture do you use? I know that CAD limits the display area to their tanks, due to the sump area. If someone could post some side shots of their 22g, I would greatly appreciate it.

I added a sunpod after my ballast blew.

I run a sunpod 150watt with a giesemann megachrome 21k bulb over my 22gallon. i dont have any sides shots with it running but hers one when it was empty. the display area is about 9" wide from the glass to the back wall and 23 1/2" wide and 13" deep for water level it gives you a lot of room for display and a lot of room for skimmers and heaters and decent size refugium for maro alage extra rubble and plenty of space for chemipure and other carbon cleaning agents in the back

IMG_0245-1.jpg

IMG_0246-1.jpg

IMG_0247-1.jpg

IMG_0248-1.jpg

Fully Stocked

IMG_1142.jpg

Obsessed Reefer

Thanks. Yea, it might give you ample room for a sump, but a 22G tank, was just cut down to a little over 12 gallons, before you add rock and sand. That's the only thing I don't like, because it limits what I can house.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I did a search and sifted through 20+ pages and I can't find the post about putting fans in the Cadlights light fixture. For those with this mod how much did it drop the temp? I have my tank set to 79, and with the halides on for about 6 hours the tank gets up to about 84, one day it almost went to 86.

I was thinking of getting a chiller, to just solve the problem for good. But was curious if the fan could drop the temp a few degrees. I don't want to spend the time if it's only going to make a half a degree difference. But if I could get 2 I'd be happy. 3 degrees I'd be estatic, lol.

3 degrees is very attanable my 22g with a 150watt hqi runs 82 with no fan 78-79 with a fan just make sure you have a good ATO and a lot of extra RO water because you will need it with the faster evap

Archived