Top Shelf Aquatics

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

Yeah 700. I meant the return pump. I had to fiddle a lot with it to get it to fit. Seems like taking out I'd have to mess with the bulkhead and what not. I know im gonna get head loss big time as the clear tube doesn't clamp tight enough.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live in Canada and am planning to order the CADLIGHTS 22 gallon with full size refugium and 4 x 24w T5 H.O.

Their website has been down all day, I'm surprised and shocked they haven't had it fixed yet.

I'm very, very worried about shipping.

Any other Canadians import this tank?

Well it is a Sunday, their IT guy could be lounging watching the football game.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I placed an order for the Cad39G signature and stand back in Feburary 2008.

You can follow my tank journal here: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39808

I am going to try to post some more photos later today.

I wouldn't expect most businesses to respond to things outside of a business workday which is usually Mon - Fri.... Just sayin'! Just like you and I, they too are allowed days off and to relax and soak in a game or two.

oh my fraggin gosh!

I was there with Eddie on Friday night and he gave me a nice little tour aroudn the place and talked up the usual reefer talk. Didn't hear about any potential giong downs... They dont' have a specific IT guy there either lol..

Eddie is superman. Just give them a call I'm sure they'll pick up.

edit: Oops introducing myself, I left with my first cadlight 22g T5HO set up. Pretty slick! Pics/threads soon!

oh my fraggin gosh!

Hmm.. I don't know but I am pretty Loyal to Cadlight after my visit with them. They pretty much sell themselves. They don't need any marketing or mass effort in getting out there. Of course there are a few let downs here and there but every one has their kinks.

Their hours of operations are from Monday - Fridays. I didn't follow the thread regarding the issue but if you treid contacting them on Sunday, they probably won't respond till Monday. Best bet again is to call them.

Definitely other options like Finnex, I do agree. :)

But their website being down may not be their fault. Could be their hosting company in which they would have no control over. Gotta look at all aspects of it before pointing fingers, just speaking from the IT technical standpoint of it...

oh my fraggin gosh!

I can PM you their phone number if you'd like.

In regards to their problems, I haven't really read up on much. I BELIEVE the tanks are hand made so in reality, they're not ALL literally alike. In regards tos hipping issues, you can take that up with UPS or FEDEX. FYI UPS in the USA is like the crappiest method as they are really reckless ewith their packages.

Just my .02

Shipping is half the shipper, but also half the packer as well. If it's not well packed, even the gentlist shipping can break things. But I haven't heard of USED items being shipped. Broken yes (due to shipping) as well as a couple broken tanks here and there. But that happens or has happened with ALL tanks that are shipped. Not just CAD. Finnex has had their share of shipping issues, and so has JBJ, Current-USA and Red-Sea...

Hello,

I'm in the process of cycling my new Cadlights 39G aquarium. What is the best light cycle to use for this tank for a future reef tank?

There are the T5, MH, and LED.....

I just don't know what to turn on and when.

Thanks for the help!

CKM

t5 actinics 20 -30 mins before the MH comes on and 20 to 30 mins after it goes off

moonligts 30- 60 minutes after the t5s come on for dusk t5s should go off when moonlights come on and moonlights should go out when t5s come on for dawn and your daylight should be about 12hours

so it would look like this

0700 T5s come on moonlights go off

0730 MH comes on

at this point you can leave the t5s on or have them go out

1830 MH goes off t5s still on or come on

1900 t5s go off moonlights come on till 0700 the next day

Awe crap. US Senate rejects bill. Husband afraid economy will crash. No tank till bill is passed. Hate bankers! Stupid ABCP! :angry:

the congress rejected the bill

I can't remember where I'd read someone had received a used part but I can certainly dig it up.

Curious, why did you choose a Finnex over a Cadlights?

After much comparison, we may get a Calight after all. (Eating crow, yummy!)

I'd have a lot more on the plate to look at if I were to do it again right now, but back when I got my tank 2+ years ago, the only CAD option available that could even compare was the 25g model they had with 6x24w T5 lighting. They didn't offer a MH option, and they hadn't created the Pro or Signature series yet. The Finnex at the time was the clear winner having a larger tank size, higher powered pump, a skimmer and a built-in fuge with fuge light. The CAD lacked the fuge, and only had a center overflow area much like the current Pro model with a return pump behind it (it wasn't sumped). It's only advantage was the curved front and the better T5 lighting (better meaning more powerful). I bought one of the last tanks they made before stopping production in 2006 (mostly due to the shipping issues and broken tanks from shipping they had) and redesigning the back chamber area. My tank came delivered in flawless mint condition. Trust me when I say packing these tanks is KEY considering mine was ordered and delivered mid december which is quite literally the WORST time of year for shipping anything, especially if fragile. Later on that year CAD stepped up it's game with the 34g Sig series and then even more this year with the 39g Sig and Pro models.

*sigh* Yeah, Although the aquarium only costs $369.99, it's going to cost us a total of $600 after taxes, duties and brokerage fees. If the economy tanks (no pun intended), we'll be thankful for the extra $600.00 in our credit union account, which won't be affected by the stock market crash.

Also, if there were anything wrong with the tank and we had to have extra parts shipped, we'd still have to pay brokerage fees whether the item was free or not.

COOL! i have family up in Ottawa. i lived there for 4 years. I love Canada. but i gotta admit that its better working here in NYC though.

my family sometimes have things they order shipped to me and then they come pick it up and drive back. they save on taxes and shipping. if you have family or friends close to the border, you can pick it up there and drive back.

Dumb question McLovin', but is our crappy economy really affecting a lot there in Canada? :(

In any event, hang in there and keep your eyes on the prize, that being the CAD tank. :) It'll be well worth the wait in the end.

the first Cad tank I received almost 3 years ago was totally the shippers fault, the box looked like it had been dropped on all corners, they were torn and crushed pretty good, The tank itself was in a plywood box with lot's of foam.

Honestly though it's been almost 3 years to get this tank going, having to deal with UPS and all that, but now that it's going I'm glad I waited, the tank is really nice and looks fantastic.

oh my fraggin gosh!
It appears that Wall Street is doing just fine today, trading continues, the US dollar went up over night and the world as we know it, hasn't come to an end. The sun rose in the east and will most likely set in the west. ;)

Not quiet true... but I don't feel like thinking about work at home. :o

WindCloudWRX
Not quiet true... but I don't feel like thinking about work at home. :o

Oct 2-3 will be big crashes to market. BIG

Hey fellow CAD owners!

i just got mine yesterday and am very excited to set it up. the tank is very sharp and everything i have expected from how well everyone has said about them.

so far i dont have much questions, but i am sure i will have some later. i checked everything out and they work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Just joined, as I am looking at the 22g CAD with HO T5's. Looks like this is the place to go to find out info on this system. It is surprisingly hard to find a reasonable "all in one" system for a decent price. Hopefully I can finish my research up and hit the buy button soon :).

I just got one at the beginning of the week. it is pretty good. i will need to change the pump as it does vibrate a little. I got it from Ken at Ocean Reeflections. he was awesome. he talked back and forth with all the questions i had all weekend long. I would suggest droping him a line.

I just got one at the beginning of the week. it is pretty good. i will need to change the pump as it does vibrate a little. I got it from Ken at Ocean Reeflections. he was awesome. he talked back and forth with all the questions i had all weekend long. I would suggest droping him a line.

I've been talking with Ken and he has been very helpful! I just don't want to be making this purchase again later knowing I messed up :).

Archived