ReefCleaners.org

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

Thanks. I believe that the pics were taken with all lights on. The camara definitly makes it look more blue than in real life. Come to think of it, those pics were taken with all lights on for sure. If just the actinics are on, the tank photos come out even more blue.

Dennis

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome tank Dennis, it definitely shows how a well a CAD can look when done up well! B)

Yeah, what he said! This is what I strive for when I set up my tank next month.

-Carl

Hey guys, recently bought a 12gal CAD, looking for an appropiate skimmer, do you think this:

http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php...products_id=357

will fit in the 12gal?

http://www.cadlights.com/product_info.php?...products_id=117

Or can you recommend a better skimmer? btw I called eddie twice today, he said he's upgraded the stock pump on the 12 gal to something like 300gph, all the bulbs have individual reflectors, and the return has had the mouth opened for a stronger, slower flow.

there enough room i think for a tunze 9002 in the center chamber but i wouldnt mind trying out the new sapphire skimmer in this little guy

Actually, this one looks even better for your application. It should fit fine and it's needle wheel.

Dennis

Dennis, any particular reason you would recommend this one? have you used it personally?

Nope. Never used it. I have had a turbofloater skimmer before on a larger tank and was very impressed. That was years ago though. I now use a remora on my little cad tank. If I got rid of the remora, I would probably try that Aquamedic Blue skimmer. It just looks likes it would work well to me.

Im sure there are probably better skimmers then the ones I suggested. They are just ones that I thought would work well and ones that I would try if I needed a new skimmer. I haven't even done any real research on them to see how they perform for people. I guess I would do that first before I ordered one. I probably should do that first before I recommend one as well. ;)

Dennis

Does anyone have the measurements for the first chamber on the cadlights 12 gal?

Ist chamber = overflow...

1st Chamber = 3-3/4" x 3"

2nd Chamber = 6-1/2" x 3"

3rd chamber = 3-3/4" x 3"

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really thinking of getting the CAD 12 gal set up. I just have a question. Has anyone experience using Hagens 12 " T5's in the 12 Gal CAD fixture. I know CAD says there bulbs are 11", but i think Hagen measures from pin to pin? Anyways just a thought, because Hagen offers a few more bulb types at that lenth. Where CAD light only offer the 10k daylight and the 03 actinics. Also most LFS have the Hagens instock.

Ty

Nano sapiens
I'm really thinking of getting the CAD 12 gal set up. I just have a question. Has anyone experience using Hagens 12 " T5's in the 12 Gal CAD fixture. I know CAD says there bulbs are 11", but i think Hagen measures from pin to pin? Anyways just a thought, because Hagen offers a few more bulb types at that lenth. Where CAD light only offer the 10k daylight and the 03 actinics. Also most LFS have the Hagens instock.

Ty

I looked into this same question soon after I bought my tank. I believe that CADLight's 11" is actually what is called a 12" in the industry. When I Googled '11" flourescent' I got nothing specific for that size, but when I did the same for '12" flourescent' I got many hits which leads me to believe that a true 11" flourescent is very rare (or non-existent). Next time I visit a LFS I plan to take a spare CADlights bulb with me to make a direct comparison with a 12" T5.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So yesterday I got a new tank from some of my friends for a birthday gift. Its a 12g Nano Cadlight tank. Its pretty daym nice. I'm really impressed with it. Although this will be my first saltwater tank I have owned. I love the way its designed everything seems to fit really nicely around my desk. I have it setup right now with some CUC (10 snails and 10 Hermits) running around. I heard that I would need a skimmer. So I was wondering if the Tunze Nano DOC skimmer fits in the 2nd refuge tank. Although I do have some chateo in there right now. I am gonna stock some SPS's in there in a couple weeks. I'm excited.

• 4 weeks later...
So yesterday I got a new tank from some of my friends for a birthday gift. Its a 12g Nano Cadlight tank. Its pretty daym nice. I'm really impressed with it. Although this will be my first saltwater tank I have owned. I love the way its designed everything seems to fit really nicely around my desk. I have it setup right now with some CUC (10 snails and 10 Hermits) running around. I heard that I would need a skimmer. So I was wondering if the Tunze Nano DOC skimmer fits in the 2nd refuge tank. Although I do have some chateo in there right now. I am gonna stock some SPS's in there in a couple weeks. I'm excited.

have you look into the AquaticLife 115 internal mini skimmer.

here is a pix of my C.A.D. 22 gallon nano with the AquaticLife 115 running 24/7

photo2.jpg

Waiting on shipment of a 39G Pro. Would love see other tanks or discussions on this setup.

Thanks.

I am putting in an order for the 39G Pro today and I am running a thread about it in the all-in-one forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived