SaltCritters.com

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My hinges are starting to rust and it's just too damp down there so I thought I would install some computer fans in the stand to create some air circulation through there. I made one computer fan suck air from outside the stand and the other fan blows the air from inside the stand out. So now there is a good flow of air through the stand and it made a really big difference. You can really tell it's much dryer down there when you open the doors. I put in these plastic covers to try to make it look a little more professional on the outside. I also used silicone around the inside where the hole was cut so the bare particle board of the stand wouldn't be subjected to water and causing problems with the wood swelling and falling apart. I think it came out really good. Another pro is it dropped my tank temp 1.5 degrees so that was a nice little plus.

FanUpgrade003.jpg

FanUpgrade001.jpg

FanUpgrade007.jpg

FanUpgrade012.jpg

That is a very awesome mod. You did a a really great job! I may have to copy your idea since i will probably have to worry about the same issue with having water stored in the cabinet. Are the fans quiet?

That refugium light is crazy looking but i am sure you probably have something really cool growing in there with all that light. gillund, what are those 2 cylinders in your sump?

The little fans make no noise at all. The cylinders are reactors. One is for carbon and the other is for GFO. The light is for growing Chaeto. It works a LOT better than the light that came with the system plus I just put one of those High Efficiency screw in CF bulbs that use very little power and don't get hot.

I just ordered a CADlights tank can I join the cool kids B)

Today I ordered a CADlights 9 gallon tank only --- does it still count ???

I have a Eco-Lamps KR-91 14" LED setup that should fit right nicely over top of it.

My plan is to drill with corner overflow and drill the back for a return. 2.5 gallon sump with media chamber and external pump. MP10 for main current. I am also planning on having a JBJ Picotope sitting on the stand just above and behind the CADlights for a display refugium. That will also be drilled like the CADlights but I will have the outflow from the picotope drain into the CADlights tank so any pods and what not get a straight shot to the display without going through a pump. Well thats the plan for now anyway (subject to change -- of course). My goal is to have everything up and running sometime early Jan.

So far I have the KR91 lights and the stand basically built. Will need to finish the stand once the tanks arrive.

I ordered the CADlights today and will order the picotope plus some bulkheads and what not this weekend.

That sounds VERY ambitious, something I would do lol. Double check the picotope glass may be tempered. Be sure to take pictures and keep us posted, that sounds really cool. Last but not least GRATS on the new CAD. I have to go into NYC later this week, and am trying to talk my wife into letting me get another tank from them. I may have to wait though, sort of have a few other projects in the works that need to be finished up so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Just finished my "monthly" maintenance on my CAD tonight. That feels good, and the tank looks better than ever. It's really coming into its own now. I need to do the frag tank tomorrow though and that will be a pain. My first water change of the month always marks my big maintenance "todo". Replace reactor media, clean pumps, all the details that get overlooked the rest of the month. Nice to have it done, but a pain to do when you have a few tanks going.

Ordered a Cadlights 12g yesterday from Fishtanksdirect.

Been lurking for a little bit and decided that it would be a fun project, soon-to-be hobby.

Very informative website and forum. Can't wait to start a build thread.

perverseosmosis

What skimmers are people using on their 39 signature's?

I have some sorta Coralife on there now and my wife has finally put her foot down on the amount of noise it makes...plus it's very touchy. I actually had to rig up a water sensor to my aqua controller to shut it down before it overflows..

I'm very curious to hear what you all are hanging on the back.

Thanks.

what digital aquatics system do you have running on your tank???

Here are my first shots of my 12g Cad

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

what sort of digital aquatics system do you have on you set up?

What skimmers are people using on their 39 signature's?

I have some sorta Coralife on there now and my wife has finally put her foot down on the amount of noise it makes...plus it's very touchy. I actually had to rig up a water sensor to my aqua controller to shut it down before it overflows..

I'm very curious to hear what you all are hanging on the back.

Thanks.

Im using a euroreef nano skimmer and have nothing but good things to say about it. Heres a link to the review i gave it

HTH

perverseosmosis
Im using a euroreef nano skimmer and have nothing but good things to say about it. Heres a link to the review i gave it

HTH

That whole thread is a great read (I'd love an update on the zeovit btw). How is the euroreef on noise?

Thanks.

perverseosmosis
the euro-reef is obviously a better product, but you're paying a fair amount for it. what'd you do with your stock skimmer?

I installed the original skimmer, but was rather annoyed that I had to prop it up to get it at the right height. I then discovered that the plastic part where the airline connects was molded incorrectly. It took the company a good long time to get me a replacement. By that time I'd picked up another skimmer.

I'm pretty much of the opinion that whenever I can swap out a piece of stock cadlights equipment, I will. What didn't come broken usually broke shortly there after. (light stands, skimmer, silicon all over the glass, rusty fuge light, dodgy canopy clips).

Just my milage. Yours may vary.

what digital aquatics system do you have running on your tank???

what sort of digital aquatics system do you have on you set up?

reefkeeper lite the basic $99 version

That whole thread is a great read (I'd love an update on the zeovit btw). How is the euroreef on noise?

Thanks.

The euroreef is very quiet. No issues with noise whatsoever. Ill be putting update on my results with zeovit this weekend.

YAY :D

I was pleasantly surprised by a Saturday delivery of my CADlights 9 gallon (tank only).

The tank arrived in what looked like bullet proof packaging and was delivered by FedX. The outer box was lined with thick press-board panels and foam sheets. Since I am going to drill it and void the warranty I figured I might want to water test it first.

A Sexy tank with a Sexy light B)

CADfront.JPG

The Eco-Lamps KR91-14" LED light was a perfect match.

CADtop.JPG

The light in its raised position for easy tank access.

CADopen.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
perverseosmosis
The euroreef is very quiet. No issues with noise whatsoever. Ill be putting update on my results with zeovit this weekend.

Just installed the euroreef skimmer. You weren't kidding. It's very quiet. A huge change over my previous skimmer. Hopefully it will pull the gunk as well as the noisy one did.

perverseosmosis
What does everyone do in regards to cleaning maintenance on their light fixtures? I'm getting a good amount of salt buildup on mine.

I just wipe my down with a damp cloth. Do you have something bubbling underneath that may be causing spray? I've cut out pieces of stiff filter floss and installed them where water is falling (overflows, skimmer return). It keeps the noise down and reduces the amount of spray I find.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived