Top Shelf Aquatics

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the CADLights 12 gal. Nano about 5 months ago. I believe that this is the smallest tank they currently make with a refugium. Its a sharp looking tank.

I'm using all the original equipment supplied by CADLights (including 36W of T5 - 50/50 split - 10K and Actinic). Only modifications are black plastic sheeting to eliminate light from the refugium and a fresh water top-off bottle. The refugium is occupied by the return pump and a heater...that's it.

Zoos and 'shrooms (plus a very hardy favia type SPS) are doing great.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if it's just me, but the glass they use is not that clear? I see some stain that doesn't seem to be in or out, but rather the composition of the glass itself. I'm kinda pissed too about it. I mean if you look at certain views you don't see it, but at others you do, especially if your anal like me. -_-

Cadlight skimmer...

DSC_0013_resize.jpg

Can you give me some specs on this skimmer:

- footprint

- body diameter

- total height

- cup size

- type of pump g/hr

Very much appreciated!

What is everyone's thoughts on the T5HO bulbs that come with the setups? It is unclear what brand of bulb they are (I'm guessing someone makes them even though they are labeled Cadlight lamps). I'm debating about replacing them with ATI/GE combo, but if these are decent bulbs, then I will save the $$.

This is my 9 month old, 39g sig series cadlights tank. Enjoy!

This tank is sweet!!! I love that huge green ric rock!!! I really can't wait till I can get up to that tank! I am so set on getting it now!

Anyone know if the pump supplied with the 39g sig can be replaced with a RIO HF and what size?

I'm using a Mag 7 over a mag 5. IMHO the design is not good because of a lot of pressure loss? It's a pain trying to get it in. I had to refix mines.

I'm thinking of bumping the lights to 250 instead of 150 but we'll see.

• 2 months later...

That would be interesting to see. Those LED's look cool. I myself just replace my cad sig lighting fixture with a Tek, 4x24W T5 fixture.

Dennis

I'm experimenting with some of the submersible LED light rings found here:

http://www.mainlandmart.com/ledmart.html

The clip light my 39g came with rusted up and started dropping paint flecks in the water.

CADLIGHTS was made aware of this issue and are going to ship new tanks with a new refugium light that will not rust. This is news to me as of today.

I have been following this thread as well..

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...p;pagenumber=14

That would be interesting to see. Those LED's look cool. I myself just replace my cad sig lighting fixture with a Tek, 4x24W T5 fixture.

Dennis

Really? The 150w 14,000K and 2 x 24w Actinics was not sufficient for your system? I am looking at a number of tanks for my first reef project, and I want to make sure that when I purchase a tank I do not have to upgrade the lighting in the near future.

-Carl

Oh the stock cad lighting setup was MORE than sufficient for my reef. It is a VERY nice lighting setup actually. I just wanted to try T5. Have heard a lot of hype about it and have been wanting to try it. If it dosent work out for some reason, I will be going back to the Cad setup.

I actually changed a couple things on my cad setup. The first thing was changing the stock bulb to a 150W Radium. Then I also took out the Mylar, "paper" T-5 reflectors and added some nice aquatinc, parabolic, mirro reflectors. I also messed around trying out other brand t5 bulbs but in the end, I went back to the blue T5 bulbs that came with the reflector. They are pretty nice colored bulbs and very bright.

Dennis

perverseosmosis

I was actually thinking about breaking into keeping SPS, etc, and was wondering if the 150's were good enough. Is there a way to upgrade to 250's?

How do the T5's NaClH2Ofreak is talking about compare to the stock 150's?

Thanks.

I was actually thinking about breaking into keeping SPS, etc, and was wondering if the 150's were good enough. Is there a way to upgrade to 250's?

How do the T5's NaClH2Ofreak is talking about compare to the stock 150's?

Thanks.

Good question. :P

I've been growing SPS with a 150W Radium bulb for a year. I had to get rid of about 3 different colonies just to thin them out. They grow and color very well under the 150's in my opinion.

Dennis

Any tank pics NaCl? I've been thinking about using the Radium and wondering if the 20k would limit growth in the 39g. I would love to see how your SPS are doing before I plunk down the $$ on the radium.

NaCl - Thanks for the pics and congrats on the tank, it looks great. The SPS look fantastic. Are those taken with the Radium on? Looks really blue but I've heard that the Radium in the 150w DE runs a little whiter than the 250w or 400w.

Archived