ReefCleaners.org

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

Don't quote me on this, but I believe any website that seels them puts in the order directly to the factory which is where the tanks are shipped from. Like I said, don't quote me on it but I know for a fact this is true with Finnex.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CAD tanks sold out?

Hello all. I have been wanting a CAD 34 for a few months now. I tore down and sold off my 55 FOWLRER and have done nothing but research on inverts/Nanos for 3 months, I was very excited. i was going to finally order the tank last week but I put it off for 1 more week to order my last essential piece, a 6stage RO/DI unit , so i wouldn't be tempted to fill the beautiful but empty tank with dechlorinated tap water. Now the CAD website says all tanks sold out till December. I am so discouraged I now just might give up what I always wanted since I got into fish years ago. My questions are..

Anybody know if this is really true?

what other websites sell CAD tanks?

If I buy my CAD from another company will it be as easy to call them for a free replacement if something is missing or not working, something i wasn't worried about reading most of this thread as i am impressed with the level of service CAD has provided others?

Answers would be greatly appreciated.

you can contact ken from oceanreeflections.com and he will be able to get that answer for u. cant find eddies email from cad.. but heres kens kstrieby@msn.com

if they are sold out you can save more money to get more things for your cad and than december rolls in and you have the best gift ever!!!!! and remember rushing things is a no no in this hobby specially when you settle for a different tank from what you really wanted.

Latest pic of my tank just added that red flame hawk fish.. he is a cool lil guy always staring at you and ive been lucky he has not bothered my cleaner shrimp and snails and hermit crabs in the tank.

peekaboo.jpgall4.jpg

tomorrow going to pick up 5 frags. woo woo and sunday ill be getting my

wave maker

another tunze stream

and jbj auto top off..

than im done spending money for tank it self..

next thing in mind is... PH monitor woo wo

Hello all. Ordered my 34 signture Monday. Got a shpping conformation yesterday, should be here next week. I took down my 120 reef about 3 years ago and have sorely missed the hobby. I can't wait to get this tank in and get it going. The dealer I ordered through told me they only had 4 left in stock at CADLIGHTS.

It will be a bit before I get the time and resources to set it up. I will do a leak test and lighting check right away to verify all is well. This has been a wealth of info to me in making my decision. I'm sure I'll be another happy CAD owner. Thanks to all.

About two weeks ago after finding out about the Cadlight 34 I drove to the Cadlight LFS (Island Aquatics in Brooklyn). The salesman went in the back to get Eddie who told me that it would be a month before the new ones come out since they are in the "redesigning" phase. I guess he did have some in stock. Maybe I should have told him I had cash.

If your gonna order one....oceanreeflections.com sells them cheaper than cadlights for some reason...still havent figured that one out....but if you have to wait might as well save a few bucks to........

Hello,

I finally got my tank up and running here is a picture- excuse the crappy camera. :D

Equipment:

CAD 9

Sunpod 70w

Rio HF6

Koralia 1

50w Hydor

Estimate 10lbs of marcorocks

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

CAD92.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mines doing great so far, I have to make some time to take apart my main light hood to install the lunar light retros. Last night I soldered up and linking cable since I'm impatient and couldn't find one to buy out right so maybe tonight the moon lights will become permanent. My 10K fuge light bit the dust after a few days of use, so that has been replaced. Does anyone have a suggestions for return pump upgrade. I would like to increase the flow rate of water traveling trough the system. I was having a hard time keeping cheato in the fuge. Then I added a Rio90 to the fuge and the cheato is doing great due to the increased water circulation I would guess. I would just ther not have a powerhead in the fuge. I have added two Koralia 1's, a Tunze DOC 9002 skimmer, and a JBJ ATO.

So far my livestock includes:

FISH:

1 Wild Clarki

1 Juvenile Blue Tang (relax he's very small, like the size of a quarter)

1 Red Scooter Blenny

INVERTS:

6 Scarlet Hermits

1 Cortez Hermit

6 Cerith Snails

2 Nacarious Snails

2 Astrea Snails

1 Emerald Crab

1 GBTA

SPS:

1 Superman Monti frag

1 Green Confussa frag

1 Red/Pink Monticulosa frag

LPS:

Candycane

1 Echinopora lamellosa frag (pink & teal)

Softies:

Various Zoas

Silver Xenia

1 Red and Blue yuma

3 Green and black yuma's

3 Purple and Orange Florida ric's

1 Green & Pink jakarta ric.

Well thats it for now, as soon as I find my charger I will post some pics.

My chaeto didn't do good at first either. I too figured it was the lack of flow. I too added a pump. I used the mini-jet 404. Chaeto seems to be doing better.

mine is up and running. i havent done any upgrading on the tank yet. its got everything i need.

What i have in there now:

all stock equipment with an extra swivel powerhead from zoo-med i picked up in my LFS.

25lbs of live Tonga rock

20lbs of live aragonite sand from Worldwide Imports

2 sebae clowns

1 mini yellow tang

all the water conditions all check out to be ok. i check it once at home and once in the LFS. my tanks been running for about 2 weeks and i am getting some brown algae. i was told that it goes away after the cycle. so far the water never showed any trace of Ammonia, nitrites or nitrates and is VERY clear since 2 days after i set it up. i didnt check for calcium because i was told to do a fish tank i didnt need to add calcium.

i think i am good as far as for livestock right now until after the 2 month cycle. again, looking at everyone's tanks is really making me think of making my tank into a reef. i think in the last 2 weeks i read so much information here that i "think" i am ready. this is an awesome forum and in the last 2 weeks i learned more about aquariums than i ever did in my whole lifetime lol.

My 34G Signature finally arrived today. It was not without issues out of the box.

One of the T5's was out of the socket and laying in the hood. When I got it back in, it would not light. Did a little messing with it and it is now working. The top glass divider between chambers 1 and 2 came un-siliconed from the inside back of the tank and was flopping around. Not too bad, a little silicone will get it back in place. The nipple where the drain hose attaches to the skimmer cup was broken off. Pretty flush to the cup too. Will try to super glue and see if that works. Still need to do a leak test. Got home too late to do it tonight.

Overall opinion: Very nice tank I love the design and looks. Skimmer is sort of cheap, expected better for the money. Will definately be replacing it. Pumps look like they might not last too long. I think they need upgrading. If I had it to do over again, I would by the tank and lighting only and add the fiolter componets of my choice.

I like the ide I read in another post of buying the tank without the built in filtration and having it drilled for external filtration. IMO it is all in all a very nice set up and I can't wait to get it up and running.

DIY Fan for hood.. ive made a thread on this for more info but heres the pic. under CADLIGHT HOOD FAN DIY

works great. blows alot of heat out!

fan3.jpg

careful adding LED moon lights inside the canopy. the one that eddie sent me from Cadlight melted. after a while it just stop melting but casing looks deform but the LED still works... I placed the Moonlights next to the HQI bulb.

reason for adding LED moon light is so i can control them in a timmer

• 1 month later...

Whats up with Cadlights.com still saying "sold out, the new model will be released Dec 10"? Well its the 16th, boy am I glad I didn't wait and went with Finnex.

Let me ask you guys a question......I was going to go with the CADLIGHTS 34 gallon signature series...however I've asked around and was told I would be better off with a RSM instead. What one would you guys buy if you had to do it again....their both about the same money (if you don't count stands and starter kits) I want to start a tank probably after I pay off my credit cards after I get my tax money....but I would like to know some people's opinions. Also I may be getting a job at a LFS here in RI they sell the RSM and I could probably get an employee discount if I get the job. Thanks guys much appreciated.

Its more a matter a personal preference, I think Cadlights look alot nicer then the RSM, are easier to mod since the chambers are exposed so things can stick out of them such as skimmers, and the open tops are better for heat escape.

Archived