inTank Media Baskets

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

any new pics anyone?!?!

should I start CADLIGHTS OWNER CLUB THREAD 2!?? since this one is getting long hehehe.

You guys should download this torrent.

BLUE PLANET episode 6 CORAL SEAS.

its a great SHOW!! crazy how they can film some of the scenes. First time I saw how 2 corals would kill each other if they get too close to one another. Also shows how Corals MATE.. kinda boring.. nothing x rated. j.p

Im new to this forum but after reading most of the posts maybe you should start a cad complaint thread...lol

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF WE COULD MOD THIS HOOD SOMEHOW TO FIT OUR LIGHTING and EASE of use having it. WHOSE IN FOR A GROUP BUY!?!?!?!

CAD%20CUSTOM.jpg

so we know it will fit perfectly. but we might have to take our lighting apart and place it in the hood... accessing the rear fuge... would that be a pain?!??! but damn.. i know we all would love to have this!!!!! i know i would

i am really interested in these tanks and was wondering if anyone had the dimensions of the 22g version?

trying to figure out what lighting setup to get but dont know enough info about these tanks to figure out lighting yet

tia

i am really interested in these tanks and was wondering if anyone had the dimensions of the 22g version?

trying to figure out what lighting setup to get but dont know enough info about these tanks to figure out lighting yet

tia

Go to oceanreeflections.com...they have the best prices and all the info you will need....

guys i created a thread " CADLIGHT OWNERS CLUB THREAD PICS" dont you look for threads with bunch of pics.. but endless scrollin?!?! this should limit that and would be great!!PLEASE PLEASE only post pics and description of what you have done and so forth.. if you could follow the format i did. that would be great. and dont reply on that thread creating another cad thread. keep our conversations here. remember you could always message to reply or ask questions about the pics posted there.thanks hope you enjoy it!guys i created a thread " CADLIGHT OWNERS CLUB THREAD PICS" dont you look for threads with bunch of pics.. but endless scrollin?!?! this should limit that and would be great!!PLEASE PLEASE only post pics and description of what you have done and so forth.. if you could follow the format i did. that would be great. and dont reply on that thread creating another cad thread. keep our conversations here. remember you could always message to reply or ask questions about the pics posted there.thanks hope you enjoy it!

...about to setup my 22g. Cadlights:

a: thinking of adding Hydor Koralia 1 Circulation Pump/Powerhead UL 400 gph. would it be too much for a 22g tank + the existing pump of 350 gph that came with the tank?

b: Current USA Dual Outlet Timer work ok if i want to have the acticnic come on 1hr before/after the daylight?

c: should i put up separate lighting for the macroaglae in the refugium? how much (if any) live sand and lr would be ideal in the refugium?

any suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks... :)

supreme_spork
...about to setup my 22g. Cadlights:

a: thinking of adding Hydor Koralia 1 Circulation Pump/Powerhead UL 400 gph. would it be too much for a 22g tank + the existing pump of 350 gph that came with the tank?

b: Current USA Dual Outlet Timer work ok if i want to have the acticnic come on 1hr before/after the daylight?

c: should i put up separate lighting for the macroaglae in the refugium? how much (if any) live sand and lr would be ideal in the refugium?

any suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks... :)

a: i have a koralia 2 600gph on the 34g and it's not too much flow, so you should be fine with a koralia 1.

b: as long as you can set each light on its own timing cycle then it should work fine.

c: if you do macroalgae in the refugium you should use a separate light for it -- and preferably have that light on an opposite cycle from the main tank (it will help keep your ph stable). everyone has different ideas about putting live sand and/or live rock in the rear chambers so it's a matter of personal preference -- i'm not a huge fan of either in the back as i think it just makes keeping debris from accumulating back there more difficult, and the benefit of another pound or two of LS/LR isn't great. other people love it though. :)

I have a tunze 6025 now. and have 100 to spend.. now would you get an AUTO TOP OFF NOW or another tunze.. no corals yet just 2 percula clowns.

supreme_spork
I have a tunze 6025 now. and have 100 to spend.. now would you get an AUTO TOP OFF NOW or another tunze.. no corals yet just 2 percula clowns.

i just ordered an ATO from PA on Weds! i can't wait. :)

I just read this entire thread, and sadly I don't want the Cadlights anymore. Too many shipping mishaps, with things not working. If this were available at my LFS then I'd do it. I'm not in the mood to ship things back, trouble shoot the wiring in the fixture, etc.

Wow I was pretty sure this was the tank I wanted.

supreme_spork
I just read this entire thread, and sadly I don't want the Cadlights anymore. Too many shipping mishaps, with things not working. If this were available at my LFS then I'd do it. I'm not in the mood to ship things back, trouble shoot the wiring in the fixture, etc.

Wow I was pretty sure this was the tank I wanted.

If you like the way the tank looks maybe you could order just the tank and then piece together your own accessories? The tank design is really good for an AIO -- the display area has a great footprint and the rear chambers are actually large enough to feel like a functional sump.

Hello Everyone

I just ordered a CAD 9 this week, it should be here next Friday or so -hopefully sooner- I have been searching around the forum and it doesn’t seem like there is anyone with this particular tank? I will be sure to post some pictures as soon as I get it set up! :)

Mike

If you like the way the tank looks maybe you could order just the tank and then piece together your own accessories? The tank design is really good for an AIO -- the display area has a great footprint and the rear chambers are actually large enough to feel like a functional sump.
On paper and picture I like almost everything. Except when I hear all your bad shipping experiences. Thats great that the customer service is really good, but I'm not so sure its worth it. I wonder if I can get one of my LFS's to order it for me. That way if it doesn't work I can take it back to them instead of dealing with CAD. That would be the only way I'd buy it........I think.

Oh one question. Can you run the actinics independent of the mh's? Or do they run together and only together?

supreme_spork
Oh one question. Can you run the actinics independent of the mh's? Or do they run together and only together?

yep, the actinics and MH are on separate plugs so you can run them fully independently. the moonlights and actinics, however, are on separate circuits but share the same plug -- so you can manually control them independently but you can't put them on individual timers.

can someone still welcome me to the club like back in page 12 or so when it was still fun? j/k

anyway, i just got a 34G signature series nano tank, much like you guys. i just got home with it, at first i thought i was going to be eaten alive just thinking about setting it up in the weekend and not tonight. after lifting this thing from my office to the car and then the car 1/3 a block home (no dolly), 40 lbs live sand, a bucket of salt i can confidently say that i will not be setting this baby up until this weekend. boy this thing is heavy. i dont know if its the packing material or the tank itself that is so heavy.

i read up there about the shipping issues. i have to say that you shouldnt have to worry with this tank because it is better packed than most things i have ordered online (plasma, computer, laptops etc.) its quite heavy, but very tightly packed and supported.

Matthew

That's good to hear they are packaged well. Kellie's might have very well been a shipping mishap rather than a packaging issue. You should like your tank though, so good luck with it! B)

can someone still welcome me to the club like back in page 12 or so when it was still fun? j/k

anyway, i just got a 34G signature series nano tank, much like you guys. i just got home with it, at first i thought i was going to be eaten alive just thinking about setting it up in the weekend and not tonight. after lifting this thing from my office to the car and then the car 1/3 a block home (no dolly), 40 lbs live sand, a bucket of salt i can confidently say that i will not be setting this baby up until this weekend. boy this thing is heavy. i dont know if its the packing material or the tank itself that is so heavy.

i read up there about the shipping issues. i have to say that you shouldnt have to worry with this tank because it is better packed than most things i have ordered online (plasma, computer, laptops etc.) its quite heavy, but very tightly packed and supported.

Matthew

Welcome to the family bud B)

I have the 12g version. Its been a great tank so far. Very well built with lots of cool features. The return could be better...it's not sealed at all. I replaced all of the plumbing with loc-line.

how much did you pay for the 12g? i have the 22G but was thinking of getting it as a gift for my wife. i thought if she would have her own tank, she would understand why i love my fish so much.

I have the 12gallon as well and i like it but i dont know what to do about the flow, seems alittle strong to me not sure though since im new. my tank looks like dadarths profile picture seen above on the left it has that giant wake/sand dune in the front im wondering if i need a rotating deflector or one of those ball socket snake things on there. my clown has to wedge himself in the front left corner against the glass to sleep at night. also im wondering where im gonna put coral cause theres no low flow areas i think i need one of those adjustable snake things right?

CAD tanks sold out?

Hello all. I have been wanting a CAD 34 for a few months now. I tore down and sold off my 55 FOWLRER and have done nothing but research on inverts/Nanos for 3 months, I was very excited. i was going to finally order the tank last week but I put it off for 1 more week to order my last essential piece, a 6stage RO/DI unit , so i wouldn't be tempted to fill the beautiful but empty tank with dechlorinated tap water. Now the CAD website says all tanks sold out till December. I am so discouraged I now just might give up what I always wanted since I got into fish years ago. My questions are..

Anybody know if this is really true?

what other websites sell CAD tanks?

If I buy my CAD from another company will it be as easy to call them for a free replacement if something is missing or not working, something i wasn't worried about reading most of this thread as i am impressed with the level of service CAD has provided others?

Answers would be greatly appreciated.

Archived