Top Shelf Aquatics

my wife put my chrismas present under the tree.

71vwbug

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SORRY TO EVERYONE I DID NOT WANT TO NOT COME THOURH WITH THIS TANK.

good thing you didnt then...jk man, its a typo

its the thought that counts fishgeek

hey v dub i am sorry that things fell through but i will send you the $80.00 that it would of cost to ship it. I will be able to do that tomorrow and still send yo all the other less heavy stuff. 2 pc ballast 65 watts filter light reflector. This weekend. I don't have time right now to read everything so i will get back to everyone tomorrow. SORRY TO EVERYONE I DID NOT WANT TO NOT COME THOURH WITH THIS TANK.

I would just ship what you can..... We can find another way to get him a tank.... I would say hold onto your $80.... we can figure something out...

The whole point of this setup was its going to be stuff that we all had lying around....

Does anyone around the Chicago area have a spare tank ??? I could ship it through work for pretty cheap.... We may have to figure something out with latazyo too....

Ill check the CMAS forums, and at the frag swap this weekend for something too....

Good news 71vwbug... I finally shipped the HOB out to you. I'll shoot you a PM when I get the tracking number. Sorry for the long delay.... our fridge broke this week, chaos ensued, had to get new one, etc. Any decisions on the tank yet? (Which one?)

not really im kinda waiting on what teal cobra, professor, and latazyo come up with. i have yet to hear from fishgeek about the cash. so im not sure whats going on.

my tank has your name on it....I'll meet you in ofallon if you want....its just a 20L, so shipping it would make 0 sense whatsoever

I dont know the geography of IL, but go to RC, then to club forums and check out CIMA (central illinois) and BNARC forums...maybe someone has a used tank in there that is closer to you

anyways, I'll meet you in ofallon any weekend if you want this 20L

im not sure what im going to do. i did go to one of my lps today and they have a nano cube 6 for around 90 bucks, i dont know what do you think i should do teal

V-dub,

Sorry for the delay, I had to make a quick flight to NC on business.

Finished checking into the shipping deal on the 40H and the only way I am going to be able to afford to ship it is if I break it into a bunch of little pieces, put it in a small box, send it to you and let you glue it back together. It's actually the dimensions more than the weight affecting the price, as well as all the packing materiel needed to ensure its safe arrival. The total shipping cost (including packing supplies) is actually more than the tank was new with a canopy and stand. Sorry man. I wanted to come through for you, but I can't swing that kind of $ right now.

I will keep looking around at some ground carriers and see if I can figure a cheaper (albiet slower) way to get it there.

Prof

thats ok professor. I dont think that anyone on here should have to ship a tank. its all right. im sure that i can find one locally some time. i need to get some cash saved up. bills have hit really hard here lately.

thats ok professor. I dont think that anyone on here should have to ship a tank. its all right. im sure that i can find one locally some time. i need to get some cash saved up. bills have hit really hard here lately.

I'm on the tank situation, lets just keep the rest of the supplies comming in.

I'm on the tank situation, lets just keep the rest of the supplies comming in.

Ok so you have $80 coming your way right?

check this out

If you can put down the $45 extra, then I'm sure we can get it back to you. (I'll put it all up myself if I have to). The question now becomes can you transpot it the 125 miles to st luie?

Edit: I think I might have misread the price for the 72 bow, confirming with the seller now. I had some one near you with a 40gal for 50, but it turns out it was scrached :(

wonderboy, I offered a free 20L in st louis...I guess it doesnt come with a stand, but at least its not $125

I must have missed it... How bout it v dub?

I think there were vehicle issues...i.e. he didnt trust the car

hummm... unfornatly v-dub lives in BFE almost exactly 125mi from anything of import... I'm kind of at a loss...

I think he is about 30 minutes from carbondale. There are places to get a tank there. He said he got some sand at a LFS as well as a price quote. I would say folks should send what hardware they can, but he should be able to get a tank locally at this point. A ten gallon is like 8.99 and a 20 long is what 24.99 to 35 bucks tops. I hate to be a drag, but if you cant save ten bucks in a month to buy a tank, you don`t have the resources to maintain it. I can understand him wanting to upgrade- and there is no problem with him being hopeful- once his hopes were raised. But at this point it is getting to where things are going in circles. If cash becomes involved I would be getting closer to calling shenanigans- but at this point I think the group is becomeing too focused on doing this as an all encompassing thing as opposed to helping someone help themselves.

I think he is about 30 minutes from carbondale. There are places to get a tank there. He said he got some sand at a LFS as well as a price quote. I would say folks should send what hardware they can, but he should be able to get a tank locally at this point. A ten gallon is like 8.99 and a 20 long is what 24.99 to 35 bucks tops. I hate to be a drag, but if you cant save ten bucks in a month to buy a tank, you don`t have the resources to maintain it. I can understand him wanting to upgrade- and there is no problem with him being hopeful- once his hopes were raised. But at this point it is getting to where things are going in circles. If cash becomes involved I would be getting closer to calling shenanigans- but at this point I think the group is becomeing too focused on doing this as an all encompassing thing as opposed to helping someone help themselves.

I'd love to see this thing to off more than anyone, but at this point I'd have to agree with you syrinx (is the name a rush ref?)

I'd love to see this thing to off more than anyone, but at this point I'd have to agree with you syrinx (is the name a rush ref?)

yea

ive still got equipment if it gets off the ground, but im not sure about that happening at this point, a 10g is pretty cheap. whered your ls you bought go VW you dont want it to die ya know.

well this started off as a great idea and this have gone to hell for me as well i just got laid off for the next week so money is impossible right now. I need to find a way to pay for my rental car for the next week so sorry for now. Now i feel like a idoit for saying i could do so much. Sorry v dub

I wouldn't worry- I think he understands more than anyone!

71VW: stupid UPS didn't email me a tracking #, so you just have to wait till it gets there- shoot me a PM when you get it so I know it got there in good shape!

I wouldn't worry- I think he understands more than anyone!

71VW: stupid UPS didn't email me a tracking #, so you just have to wait till it gets there- shoot me a PM when you get it so I know it got there in good shape!

Sorry everyone. Been tied up with work, chasing down stuff for my 120 and working on my stand.

Can someone summarize that is familiar with everything ? If not I'll read through this whole thing tonight.

Last I heard, Fishy had some problems and was unable to send the tank. Fishy then said he/she would shoot a few bucks along with my shipping donation to V Dub.

I have a test kit, a hydro, my original BC29 pump, some stupid stuff like filter pads

etc ready to go.

After this I'm lost.

i think that im just going to get a 10g tank. thats ok fishgeek i know that things happen and money gets tight.

im going to have to find something to put the tank on i think that my comp desk will hold it. guys i thank you for what you have done. im sure that the 10g will be running soon. im going to have to figure out filtration, lighting and rock. Let me know what you guys think.... good idea just going with the 10g?

i think that im just going to get a 10g tank. thats ok fishgeek i know that things happen and money gets tight.

im going to have to find something to put the tank on i think that my comp desk will hold it. guys i thank you for what you have done. im sure that the 10g will be running soon. im going to have to figure out filtration, lighting and rock. Let me know what you guys think.... good idea just going with the 10g?

unless you wanna go bigger! :P i have a 10 right now, and its at about the peak of my college kid budget, I startd my 29gallon plus 10g sump project in november and dont plan on having it ready until september....things move slow..I think a 10g would be great, maybe you could do a 10+10 that could be cool, and you could use my pump for return pump and flow in the tank....just ideas. i think some people could come up with some rock and you have sand correct? After that a heater fosi already sent and if not the 10+10 a good HOB for a fuge mod, and then, the worst part.....lighting (dun dun dun) anyone got some lighting?

hope that helps people know whats needed, Ive got the equipment I have always on standby when you neeed it.

Archived