Coral Vue Hydros

my wife put my chrismas present under the tree.

71vwbug

Juanhunglo69

I know that it isn't much but I can send some filter floss and a turkey baster. I tried doing something like this in early 06 while I was deployed. But I was asking for old equipment. I say again I was ASKING. I have to many tanks set up or am helping get to many started to give up much else. I am geographically seperated from the rest of you so it is a bit harder for me to get stuff around here. Too many people will not send to APO boxes. For me alot of people stepped up to say that they were going to send stuff out but in the end only 2 sent stuff. Well I only got two packages. It was enough to keep me going. Let's not go making promises to this guy that we aren't going to keep. I challenge everybody that says that they are sending something to do it. I was excited as hell thinking that all of this stuff was coming only to wait 3 months to get the few things that I did get.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good point. I have sat back and watched the naysayer- and held my tongue to this point. The thread originator never asked for anything. It seemed to me like he was excited about the prospect of a tank, and when it didn`t happen he was happy to have a fine gift otherwise and his family. I suggested we try to glad hand him a tank- not him. This had gone on for 3 pages before I ever made the suggestion. You might also note that I have not offered anything. If he was within say a hour or two of me- I would be glad to sport him some stuff. But I cannot be trusted to ship out stuff- I am just too busy. This is something that I have learned however- just as easy as it is to say "sure i will help" its that easy not to folow through. When I set up my last reef I had trouble getting livestock and people were all about offering a free frag here or there- and out of a dozen offers- 0. I don`t blame people for wanting to help more than doing- I just know that it is more important to me to do what I say I will do.

If it happens it happens if it doesnt than im out nothing.. You never know whats going to happen. But its the thought really... we will see!?!?

Not to worry, several reputable folks have offered ;) Like I said, I only have macros, but I am a man of my word. It isn't that difficult to mail a package. :)

like i said i have no worries, if it does it does if it doesnt than oh well its the thought that counts.... but im sure that it will. like you said there are some good guys that have posted here....

hey wheres nuhtty? is he passed out in front of his computer...

like i said i have no worries, if it does it does if it doesnt than oh well its the thought that counts.... but im sure that it will. like you said there are some good guys that have posted here....

hey wheres nuhtty? is he passed out in front of his computer...

making out with zach and b!tching about being rich and misunderstood (i dont believe either one of them) id like to see a pic of the TT...

i got frags too, pm me when your cycled and Ill ship you some frogspawn and zoas and stuff, maybe the candy can will split by then :)

Wow, after reading this thread this is what christmas spirit is all about. It's sad to see people get upset over anothers good deed(hope zach never learns about soup kitchens or food pantrys).

I can only offer my advice, as I have had bad luck as of late as well (AUDI CRAPPED out(not entirely audi's fault, it was a salvage, TBA disintegrated, ruined the motor... heh now i get to drive a zx2 oh boy.)

I wouldnt order a stand, that costs too much, I'd go to good will/st vincent depaul and look for a big ol dresser to put it on costs maybe $20-30, then you get drawrs to put fissh books in. (although Ive never tried this with anything more than a 10, but there are some big dressers out there)

HEY V DUB I GOT THE TANK IN MY HANDS AND I AM ON MY WAY HOME. I WILL GET THE MESSUREMENTS AND TAKE A PICTURE WHEN I GET HOME. I WILL TRY AND GET SOME BUBBULE WRAP AND EVERYTHING TO SHIP IT. I AM GOING TO WRAP IT IN CARD BOARD THEN BUBBLE WRAP THEN TRY AND FIND A BOX BIGGER THAN THE TANK AND PUT PAPER AROUND IT. Hope it makes it. Sorry for yelling didn't see the cap lock!!!

Ok this is what i could find laying around the house.

1. 65 watt ballast two of them

2. reflector is made for two bulbs 30" long

3. CPR BAK2 it is missing the powerhead mj1200

4. The tank it is 41" long 15.5" wide 17" deep

I really like this tank it is shallow enuff to not need a lot of light but long enough to hold a lot of rock and coral and lots of swim room.

I think i might have the money for the bubble wrap and all, have to talk witht the wife. here are some pictures they suck but so does the camera. I hope you enjoy it.

post-22802-1167717444_thumb.jpg

post-22802-1167717500_thumb.jpg

post-22802-1167717539_thumb.jpg

TardFarmer' date='Dec 31 2006, 12:18 AM' post='996898']

Wow, I am impressed with the generosity! I purchased a Maxijet 1200 as a Christmas present for myself, but it is too big for my tank, my corals were mad :) If you want it it's yours. I would rather you use it then me use it to mix salt til I can afford a 24-30 gal setup :)

tardfarmer had one fishgeek?!?!? i know that i will need one in the bac pak2

but will i need one in the tank as well?

Ill provide the 260gph powerhead for in tank, and I have your shipping address now 71vwbug. just posting if it needs to be taken into account for fishgeek and tardman's organization/shipping lists for all the stuff.

even if that other mj1200 comes through, whats wrong with 2 powerheads about 250-300gph in a 30gal eh?? :D

Is there anyone else that is needing my address to ship stuff?

bad man can you send me a pm or clean out your mail box, it wouldnt let me send you one...

i have some dead "live" rock i could possibly send you. i have a couple of big pieces and then some smaller ones. You could use them as base i rock i suppose. I'll get some pictures later if you want it.

Archived