ReefCleaners.org

my wife put my chrismas present under the tree.

71vwbug

So:

Fishgeek:: Tank, lights, cpr2

Newtanksmell::Heater, hydrometer, test Kit

Wonderboy::MJ606, Some LS

Havenhurst:: Bag-O-LS

TealCobra::Dryrock, expoy rods

Badman:Piece Of LR

Me:A Piece Of LR

Seems Like we have everything covered?? :D

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds about right so far... lets wait for 71vwbug to PM fishgeek, and once he gets the tank we can PM the next person to get the ball rolling on this.... I think once he gets the tank and lighting, we can all grab a cup of sand from our tanks and throw it in a small ziploc with some tank water and send it to him.... that would be quite a mixture of LS there.... LOTS of good stuff in that sand. :)

we can all grab a cup of sand from our tanks and throw it in a small ziploc with some tank water and send it to him.... that would be quite a mixture of LS there.... LOTS of good stuff in that sand. :)

Well, I was actually thinking about buying a 20 pound bag of like arag-alive or something like that and shipping it to him, but if you wanna get the cycling process done quicker, we could do that.

This is lame.

Hate me.

Kick me off. I don't care. This is stupid. The guy doesn't have enough money to set-up a tank... do you think he will be able to keep it up?

Whatever, nevermind... this is stupid.

This is lame.

Hate me.

Kick me off. I don't care. This is stupid. The guy doesn't have enough money to set-up a tank... do you think he will be able to keep it up?

Yet another GREAT post from Zachxlutz. :rolleyes:

This is lame.

Hate me.

Maybe your the one that is being lame. I had enough cash saved up to start my reef tank. I was planning on purchasing the 40g breeder, stand, T-5 lighting, heater, test kit, salt, 55 lbs of LR, Live sand, tank for sump, pump, filter for the tank. It just so happend that Everything went to hell at once and i have shelled out about 2000 bucks in the last 3 weeks and everyone on here is just trying to be nice and help out! what is so wrong with that. I know that im very greatful!!!

i'll give you some sound advice, but I can't offer up my equipment for someone on the internet saying they don't have any money. I guess I just don't trust these forums so much anymore.

i never once asked for anything. I never said hey why dont you all give me the stuff that you dont use. I just started a post saying that i thought my wife bought me a 10g aga for christmas. turned out that it wasnt but thats becides the point. Why does it matter to you any ways. if you dont like what they have decided to do on their own, than dont post here? there is no need for your comments or thoughts here. If they decide that they dont wanna do this than by all means they shouldnt. Like i stated above I HAVE ASKED FOR NOTHING......

oh 71vwbug, i've got no hard feelings toward you... if you need any advice, feel free to ask me... i'd love to help.

here's what i have a problem with: these people on this forum are throwing there stuff out there for you without even knowing if you deserve it. they offered their stuff up without knowing.

maybe i'm just being silly, but i think all this is ridiculous.

you know what don't be jealouse. If we are trying to do something nice for someone and he does not deserve it does it make all of us not good people or stupid or does it leave us feeling really great about what we did out of the kindness of are hearts. For no other reason than to sit back and smile, and watch another great tank get started. Someday somebody might do something nice for you also if you stop being a pain in the a$$. Smile someone might smile back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not jealous. Just perturbed. The capricious actions on this forum are often so ridiculous that I cannot hardly stand it.

I'm out of this discussion. vdub, good luck with your new tank you'll be getting, hopefully your kids don't get sick again so you can afford this expensive hobby.

Peace.

I am going to take a shower and go get the tank and try and get it wrapped up and see what it would cost to ship. Hey does anyone have any ideas how to ship this bad boy wiyh out it breaking! I was thinking about a lot of bubble wrap. Big box and lots of news paper inside and ballast in the newspaper. Hey i was going to ask does anyone have a differnt filter than the bak pak2 it kinda sucks i took it off my tank a long time ago because it was not very good it dumps bubbles into the main tank and it did not pick up much as far as floating debri. ( yes i know i need spell check)

I'm not jealous. Just perturbed. The capricious actions on this forum are often so ridiculous that I cannot hardly stand it.

I'm out of this discussion. vdub, good luck with your new tank you'll be getting, hopefully your kids don't get sick again so you can afford this expensive hobby.

Peace.

Get over your Damm self go away.

Peace.

Listen here you redneck, why dont you be quiet and let people do whatever they want. Its not your money, and we dont need your advice of making fun of people that arnt as fortunate as some people. And I didnt say YOU, i said "SOME" people. Your probably another d1ck head who goes to the library to get on this forum, who doesnt have money, and makes fun of people just to feel better. And thats fine, suit yourself. But dont come here and say things like "hopefully your kids don't get sick again so you can afford this expensive hobby." ????

what is this crap? I might as well tell you in return.. "hey d1ckhead zachxlutz, hopefully you wont die in a car accident so you can live to maintain your expensive fishtank."

Loser

"

HecticDialectics

Just read through a part of this thread for the first time... WOW...

Zachxlutz... what on earth are you doing here? You're going waaay overboard. I've made a post or two that have been a little ornery to a poster, but WOW. This is just unbelievable. You need to pick your battles better kid.

hey vwbug, i love vw's. Im guessing you got one yourself? Hope to see pictures of your tank on here. Good luck.

I have had about 5 vw's i currently own a 71 super beetle. it needs some love. but it runs

i dont have a tank yet but these guys are hooking me up with supplys that they no longer need. As soon as its up and running i will start posting picts....

As I said earlier, he's a forum troll.... If he werent such a tool im sure he would have gotten alot more "deals" since he started reefing.... Hell, Ive given away fish to other reefers before... not a big deal. Maybe he's just mad because you're going to be getting a larger tank than his 10 gallon red hair algae encrusted one ?!?!? :)

This whole thread kinda reminds me of the movie "Pay It Forward".... I dont know if any of you have seen that movie, but its a decent flick if you have some time to spare..... I have gotten a few little things here and there that people no longer use, and have no reason to not do the same for someone else, I assume, just like in the movie, it will all eventually even out.

You could always fill the VW with water and turn that into your tank.... :lol:

If you really dont need the BakPak 2 fishgeek, I would say throw it in there.... He could definitely start with it and kinda "deal" with the possibility of bubbles in his display, then if he can scrape together some money down the road, they sell a BakPak bubble catcher on one of the sites that I've seen.

Just a few more things to add to you ignorant people making assumptions about me.

1: I am not a redneck. Plain and Simple.

2. I have plenty of money. I have a nice desk job at a respectable construction company and I work full time... As well as go to school full time while making A's and B's. I own two Apple computers, FWIW.

3. In saying "i hope your kids don't get sick..." I was being serious. I want vw to be able to afford this hobby... for his enjoyment and the sake of his future livestock.

4. A tool, I may be... but FWIW I have stocked my tank almost entirely off of trades and deals from friends since I started reefing. And not cause I complained on this forum about being poor.

i'm a troll, a redneck, and a tool but i sure as hell do love reefing. and you know what i don't love? most of the people on this forum aside from a few. but you guys who get so upset all the time are fun. so fun and capricious. bye bye!

I never "assumed" anything about you.... all Ive said is true statements... you're a forum troll, and you even said so yourself. -_-

I also am FAR from upset, I always take anything I read on these forums with a grain of slat.... that being said, I have no problems sending someone else things that I no longer need to get him going in the hobby. :happy:

4. A tool, I may be... but FWIW I have stocked my tank almost entirely off of trades and deals from friends since I started reefing. And not cause I complained on this forum about being poor.

I never once complained about being poor, or my misfortunes. I simply was talking (Not complaining) about what has happened the last fue weeks in my life. I never asked, begged, pleaded, or told anyone that i wanted anything from them. I stated that i have had a wreck, car problyms, and sick kids. But not in

ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM WAS I ASKING FOR STUFF... They decided to do this on their own.. So bug off man.

What does the fact that you own apple computer have anything to do with anything???? I own a 06 Audi big F'n woop, should I rub it in people face???? Figures you sit at a desk for a construction company while real people work there asses off to pay you for doing NOTHING!!! But what every, your a silly ignorant fool, only a child starting arguments over a website with people you will never meet. We are simply trying to do a good deed for another, whether or not he is "lying" is his deal. I never have turned my back on another in need. Happy New Year!!! :D

Archived