Cultivated Reef

my wife put my chrismas present under the tree.

71vwbug

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[WDT]TardFarmer
yah i have decided thats what im going to do, and yes i already have the sand and the heater. ;)

heya Dub, let us know when you receive your maxijet 1200, you should be getting it any day

there are a fue of them.

there is

pet connection 15 minutes away 618-993-9971

petco 35 minutes away 618-529-5249

and

fish net 35-40 minutes away 1-618-549-7211

Why?

And tard i will let you know.

there are a fue of them.

there is

pet connection 15 minutes away 618-993-9971

petco 35 minutes away 618-529-5249

and

fish net 35-40 minutes away 1-618-549-7211

Why?

And tard i will let you know.

The 10g sounds like the best bet unless you have some tools lying around:

Material = Plywood w/ Glass

Tank Height = 30"

Tank Width = 30"

Tank Length = 30 "

Plywood w/ Glass Thickness = 3/4"

Approximate Gallons = 117

B)

well i drove down and got the tank. i have to wait till i can get my dad down to my grandmas with his truck and get the desk that im going to put it on. the tank is perfect.... thanks newtanksmell.

oh yah baby.... it does

thank you for your offer, latazyo but i dont think that my piece o crap car could make it there right now. but it does mean alot that you offered it...

No problem.

A number of very nice people with big hearts were willing to donate whatever they could. I didn't want to see these gestures of generosity go unrealized. And besides, the tank is the cheap part.

We'll try and help fill out equipment where we can.

I'd like to suggest that you start a build thread to share your tank build with those here that helped as well as those that promised frags go-forward. Setting myself aside, I think it would be a nice gesture to share what you can do with everyones spares and extras.

Start reading up and ask those here for suggestions on DIY projects. I saw a pretty cool DIY sump made out of a 5 gallon bucket. There is also some effective refugiums made out of rubbermaid containers. You could slide it under the comp table and cover the front with some velcro and a spare piece of fabric.

It doesn't have to be all high tech and shiny. The display area will be shiny. The rest of the system can be Sanford and Son and do as well or better than high tech stuff IF designed correctly. I have seen some incredible systems put together by college kids with budgets consisting of dumpter diving for their entire parts list.

Finally, have fun, be patient, be patient, and oh yeah, be patient.

Go simple with no sump and whatnot- now. Then when school lets out in Cdale go a couple times on move out week. I found 5 or 6 free aquariums every year i was down there.

Go simple with no sump and whatnot- now. Then when school lets out in Cdale go a couple times on move out week. I found 5 or 6 free aquariums every year i was down there.

Wow, great suggestion !!!! Nice one Syrinx.

Might have to go trash pick ASU !:lol:

glad to hear u got a tank.now u just need to start a tank thread like suggested.i think it would be nice for everyone to see there old equipment put to a good use.

Archived