Innovative Marine Aquariums

my wife put my chrismas present under the tree.

71vwbug

OK, the canopy from Carinya and the skimmer are boxed up. I will drop them off today to ship! I could not find the minijet 404 for the skimmer and the airpump I had was dead. If anyone has a strong airpump and/or a minijet 404 (a 606 will work, it just needs to be small and variable) VW will need it!

Yahoo! We are almost there!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks guys. i will be looking forward to getting it. the parts for the filter should and i say should be here some time soon. i will let you all know when it gets here. Having kind of a rough time right now, having to help pack up the wife and kids stuff :( but thanks to all who have been of help getting this tank together..

He hasn't been on in a while. Per the earlier post, he's dealing w/some big stuff. I understand secondhand that the lights & skimmer made it to him. We should just let him be for a while. Reefing < life, you know?

I agree completely! After all, it is just a glass box, water, and some rock!

Very true, but I hope he gets to play soon. Glass box, water, and rocks can be very therapeutic No ? It sure is for me.......Hang in there bug.

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys i havent forgot about you either. things have been hectic. i just recieved the parts the other day for the HOB. I might try this weekend to get the old water out of the tank and new water in and the filter running.. things have been so stressful and confusing around here laitly. Just so everyone knows. the papers havent been filed yet but im going threw a divorce. Things are not on the horrible side we are getting along great but we are no longer together. Let me remind everyone who did pitch in and send stuff that i am not trying to cheat anyone. Its just that my money is so tight now that i can bairly even afford to pay the bills.

i will try to get it running some time soon. i promise.

bryan

HE'S BAAACCCCKKK!!!!! (back) Welcome back vw! Why would we think you were cheating us??? I'm glad to see things are going fairly smoothly, I hope your situation improves :D

[WDT]TardFarmer

Hang in there VW, as someone else posted earlier when you get your tank up it will be some good therapy, mine always mellows me out after a stressful day.

I understand the $$$ issues though, just had my car broken into and my new laptop that I worked my ass off for stolen. Plus they took about $5000 worth of software (I am an IT consultant) I screwed up once leaving it in the car for a few minutes and I get screwed, now no $$$ for a laptop :( ahh well it's just a material possession. Dunno why I just bored you all with that little synopsis, needed to vent I suppose.

At least you can still be civil together, good for the two of you and very good for your kids!

• 4 weeks later...

hello guys, i just wanted to post and let you all know what is going on. Life has been rough the last fue months. i am now happily divorced. things are looking much better and i am much happier. Money is really tight right now so i think that i am going to start the tank, but i am going to have to start it as a fresh water tank. i dont have the money for chemicals or anything like that. No one has a problym with that do ya?

let me know what you think..... talk to yall soon.

bryan

Heck, it's your stuff now! Put some water in and get it going however you want (or are able). Better to get some use out of it than let it collect dust.

• 1 month later...

Me too..... kinda feel bad for the people who sent him stuff.... Everyone tried to do something nice and got bit in the ass for it..... Who all sent something to him or bought something for him ?? Maybe once I get my 90G going i'll send everyone who tried to help out a frag or something...

• 4 weeks later...

You all need to remember that VW never asked for anything. i was the one who suggested someone scoring him a 20 gallon tank when his gift fell through. I figured a reefer in the area would just give him a used one, no great deal. However it was the reefers here themselves that beat this all up into a froth. I had warned him of the two obvious outcomes- people saying they would send and not- or them sending and then keeping strings attached afterwards. People tried to help out and when they made their donation in good faith that should have been the end of it. VW was operating in good faith when this came up- and never initiated asking for any donation. I am sure there is no one more sorry that even with help his reef has not happened, but once you give a gift- of your own volitian- what happens after that is up to the recipient.

Needreefunds

I still feel real good about how folks came together to help out. And I still feel bad about Bug and his situation. Can only hope it was all for the best and that VW gets to start mixing salt soon!!

Archived