SaltCritters.com

my wife put my chrismas present under the tree.

71vwbug

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey VW, I PM'd ya the other day to get your address. Carinya lives in the same town as I do and she dropped off the hood (see post #354). I think you will be very pleased with it. I will send that and a skimmer when I get your address! Drop me a note when you get a chance. No hurry, I know that life can get busy...

sorry guys things are getting heavy here at home. just having a hard time with things. dont wanna go into details but i sent you my address noel. thanks everyone. im going to go play with the filter for a fue and see if i can get it running again....

bryan

ok i know that alot of you have been waiting some picts. i promise all of you that im not going to skip out on you. like i stated above there is some stuff going on at home but here soon i will have time to get this tank going if you know what i mean...

thanks again everyone. you all are very very nice.

bryan

Bryan-

My offer of free zoa frags has no time limit. That is, unless I quit the hobby. :P

Take care of family first - they're what matters the most. B)

Stan

Wellll... quite frankly that sucks.... I don't understand it at all... not to question you, but have you filled it, LEFT THE CAP ON the entire time, and let it run for a while?

Really HTH :D

Any ideas anyone else???

Wow I feel like I just read a good book. I cried , lmao, had who done it, who will do it, action and I hope a happy ending and yet another newborn reef. Bug I hope all gets better at home real soon so you can relax and enjoy your new tank. I'm just a newbie here at N/R, but what you all are doing here is just great !

Now I went back a few times to re-read. As for your non-sucking hob, you said your filling the filter but is your tank full ?? Just my two bits, but I know with mine if the level goes below a certain point the pump will not draw even though you fill the filter up, it will just spit out whats in the filter. HTH and good luck bug. AND CONGRATS TO ALL WHO HELPED FOR A JOB WELL DONE !!

im calling tetra now. just a note. i have the tank completely full. i have filled the filter. left the cap on and still nothing maybe they can help....

ok i called tetra. and they are going to send me a new intake assembly. so it should be good as soon as i get it. well i will let you all know when i get it. it will prob be the end of next week or the beginning of the following week.

Okay I haven`t worked on this filter- so I don`t know its ins and outs- but there are only 2 things that will cause it not to work. (kind of like and engine its either gas or fire) this case its either impeller or intake tube. First off remove the impeller assembly. Make sure the impeller is installed in the correct direction for flow, and most importantly check that the magnet and impelller are able to "lock" together. MOst failures in this respect are when the tab that catches the top of the mag to the bottom of the impeller breaks. If both pieces move freely independently of each other then you will need a new assembly. The intake I assume can only be installed one direction- but there are filters out there- aquaclears I believe that you can bonehead the intake U backwards and get a swirl but no uptake of water. If the intake is installed correctly then remove it and leak test it in the sink. Thumb over one end, fill it up with water and then check for any leaks- If any water escapes the tube somewhere, then air can enter there and prevent uptake. I would bet dollars to donuts that one of these two things will correct this issue.

Good to hear vwbug. Sorry for all the trouble it's giving you! I am sure a new intake will get it working like new. If you are in a hurry though, syrinx has some solid ideas you may want to try. :D Good luck!

ok i called tetra. and they are going to send me a new intake assembly. so it should be good as soon as i get it. well i will let you all know when i get it. it will prob be the end of next week or the beginning of the following week.

Woo hoo :P

I just want to say that this is great to see an online community come together like this!

I would send you some stuff too but it would be my bill for college and I doubt that you would want it :)

I do have some pulsing silver xenia that I am going to be fragging if anyone wants to pay for shipping. Might have some zoas and shrooms as well when I get it all together.

Archived