Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

59 :D you need a little heat in that garage.....do you have a space heater?

I have a infra red nat gas one in mine plus a portable electric on the floor when I am working at my bench......it makes it nice in there.

yeah, I have nothing like that, though my mother just surprised me with a 36" lcd wall mount fireplace that heats 400 ft, because she heard me say how much I wanted a fireplace and this unit over the other, didn't have one.

Today was a bad day at work with our tools not working, then find out this am that the mortgage company wants me to explain some cash deposits into my checking account. Whenever it's not a paycheck they scrutinize the money coming in. They're asking me if I have receipts for the garage sale items I sold. Oh, and the $50 check my mother wrote me, they want a "gift letter" from her. HOW ####ING STUPID!!!! My patience is really being tried here. I've had nothing but struggle since July when they told me my job was being outsourced. You want me to have copies of receipts for $1, $2 items all day long for 2 days. Who has receipts for garage sale???? no one asks for receipts, you're not a business for heaven's sake.

I'm trying to move forward, not backward and make things happen, not sit back and let the world dictate, but I"m having one hell of a time. I can't even feel excited about this. Now I don't even know if I should order the floor this weekend, seeing the bank is asking about a $30 receipt for a desk I sold on a Facebook yardsale site!!! Or a mother can't give her daughter $50 without being scrutinized and having to show a copy of a check for it. I've always been patient but this shit draws the ####ing line for me. I'm usually not this heavy handed with the F words.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that sucks. Hell if I had to supply a receipt for a cash deposit :o I sell and deal all the time and most of it is cash.......

Hang in there it will hopefully all work out for you!

Yeah that sucks. Hell if I had to supply a receipt for a cash deposit :o I sell and deal all the time and most of it is cash.......

Hang in there it will hopefully all work out for you!

Just stop doing that before you try to buy a house! I understand the rule behind it, they want to make sure I don't go over USDA eligibility income but hellooooo, I'd have to make like 26K from my garage sale to be over that!!! We're only talking 1500. Today the mortgage person for the realtor talked at length to the underwriter, probably telling them how ridiculous it is, and I had to sign saying something that I'm basically not lying and I could be fined $5K and/or go to jail or both. And why would I want to jeopardize getting a home and being in a mortgage for 30 yrs??? So hopefully, we're past that now. I'm putting an order in for the flooring this Sat or Sun so we better be past that.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. It does seem as if this year for so many friends and family has been the worst, whether it be illnesses, financial problems, deaths in families, work woes. I'm thankful for everyone that has listened to me complain here n' there about my own issues. I am grateful for my NR friends.

I'm not going anywhere, parents are going to a friend's house, I was invited but I declined due to personal reasons I have with their friends. I don't enjoy a Thanksgiving meal talking about politics, religion, worldly events. I seriously on that kind of a day just want light hearted fun. But, my mother did give me a $8 turkey breast I'll be baking tomorrow and I'm making a spinach/artichoke baguette recipe I found I think on FB to go with it and a sweet potato with cinnamon so I'll have my enjoyable quiet time, good dinner. Seriously, this month has gone by so fast I only have 3 more weekends (and one of those Saturdays is a work Christmas Party) and then it's closing time.

It's been one of those BANG HEAD HERE UNTIL UNCONSCIOUS POSTER work weeks, though short it was and amplified by a full moon today.

So jealous of your RFA garden. That green skirted one looks like it's getting ready to spawn... or poop. Soo poofy!

Yeah, it was actually small, and when I fed it, it puffed up into the top hat shape. I haven't witnessed a spawning in a long time, Think I"m just going to bed too early to notice. Mine always did it like at 11:30, lights go out like 9:30.

Beautiful photos, Annette!

Thanks. Can't wait til the nems from both tanks are in ONE tank. And that tank I need to spray paint Fri or Sat. Supposed to be 63-66 so the garage will be warmer. Humid though at 70-80% but no rain forecasted. Those days or never. And it Neeeeds to be. I need to look for the tape tomorrow to tape it off.

Yeah, it was actually small, and when I fed it, it puffed up into the top hat shape. I haven't witnessed a spawning in a long time, Think I"m just going to bed too early to notice. Mine always did it like at 11:30, lights go out like 9:30.

Thanks. Can't wait til the nems from both tanks are in ONE tank. And that tank I need to spray paint Fri or Sat. Supposed to be 63-66 so the garage will be warmer. Humid though at 70-80% but no rain forecasted. Those days or never. And it Neeeeds to be. I need to look for the tape tomorrow to tape it off.

How many do you have now?

Well, I only counted 35. I used to have close to 50. I know some had died w/ the cyano/dino event and I know Gertie busted up like 3, and the last one floated into the brain. SO, once I move and I'm more settled I'll have to get some more from VIPReef. I know he's having a sale now but no point getting right now since I have a closing Fri 12/18.

Everything looks really happy and that chalice..oh my :wub:.

Happy Thanksgiving, Annette :flower:.

And to you & your family as well Gena, thanks for your friendship. :wub:

Spray painted the back of the 40. I think one coat will really be enough. I explained to my mother today I had to still keep the 34g because what if a tank cracks in the move, then I have a back-up. So the 40 w/ the flowers goes on the tv stand, the tv goes on the less wide stand where I had the 55 freshwater. I'll take off the tape tomorrow.

20151128_154638_zpspoupjvgq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Came home to an accident. Little brain being cozy with bowerbanki. You tell me who the winner is? He's killed one nem so far and now this. The orange spotted goby has moved to the front and is moving some corals around. I know it was his fault.

20151207_174151_zps1h5qxuax.jpg

20151207_174132_zpsd7303u9o.jpg

Yes, baby brain looks not even scathed on the right side. It's only a little over an inch big.

20151207_174136_zps05jq7v3c.jpg

it looks so awful on that side :(

Soon it'll be in a bigger tank, or maybe I'll put the bowerbanki in with the 10g with the froggies and the green bubble tip. I just don't know yet.

We're getting down to the days. Closing to be the 18th but I was told they'd get back to me this week to tell me for sure if that looks like the date. I'm not believing it'll be on time due to USDA processing times, as the mortgage lady put it. I had to remind my realtor today that he still had to get the gas inspector out. Not looking forward to moving the tanks. It's only 1.5 miles away but still, it's cold outside, it's not like it's summer.

Gertie's tank has to have the old sand removed and new put in, after I rinse it which I'll have to do here.

The 40 I have to rinse out, been sitting in garage. What's bad is when I pulled the tape off some of the black paint went with it. Not thinking of the temperature in the garage I shook the spray paint and put it back on that spot, because of the cold it turned crinkly and looks funny but that's just how it's gonna be now on the right back edge.

The 34 has to get all packaged up since it has to be clean when I move it since that extra tank has to go into the 2nd bedroom closet probably. UGH, too much to think about when I'm not even sure when I'm moving.

Had thought, before Lowes pulls up bad carpet, give them the measurements of my 20 and 40 and leave me a clean piece of tan carpet so I can put them under the tanks atop the walnut pergo. WIN! have to remember to tell them that.

Wow, getting down to the wire! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Moving tanks must be a royal pain. Transferring tanks was a pain in the rear.

I'm realizing I can get the 40g started as soon as the floor is done so I can cycle it w/ rock that has no corals on it, not that many pieces, mostly stuff in Gert's tank, some other pieces in Nameless & Shameless and then some dry pieces but that will have enough biology. Gert will hopefully just hide in her rock til I put her rock in a 5 g bucket and drive it over. Gert's tank is getting new coarse coral so that needs to be rinsed over & over here at the house while I have the hose outside. The macro from Gertie's tank I can shove in a plastic ziplock. I just have to think it all out as I mostly have to make new water. I'm not gonna drive a 30g Brute w/ water in it and fear it tips over. At least I have 2 Brutes, one of which is dirty in the basement and needs a cleaning. Getting a headache thinking it out but I know I have to plan.

Just to show Gena how big the Gena Toadstool became!! Was it 2 yrs ago now???

20151208_195333_zpsvhoxt2lg.jpg

20151208_195343_zpssl5kyipe.jpg

20151208_195351_zps9mv2pr2i.jpg

The bowerbanki looks better today, thank God.

In house news, my realtor emailed me and gave me the information too call to set up utilities for 12/18 so hopefully there will not be a delay on the bank end. So water & electric done so far, still have to call water and cable, unfortunately, the same provider is not 1.5 miles away so I'll probably have to pay some penalty at the current cable company, not my fault they didn't expand a little further and snatch up the townhouse complex in the next county over.

I fed all the flowers today and Gertie of course.

Supposed to be 70 on Saturday (and Employer Christmas party that night) so I have to hose out the 10g fuge of the leftover sand I had when I emptied it, and also take the time while I have hose hookup here, and an area to dump waste water, to rinse the crushed coral I bought for Gertie's tank. You think it'll be ok to sit in the bucket wet? Maybe just do one more rinse in RO/DI before I put it in her tank later. Just trying to figure out timeline. It could be 2 wks in the bucket.

Archived