Pod Your Reef

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

I appreciate everyone just letting me vent/talk about house stuff. I really do and helping me always with any reef questions I've had. I'll have to move 3 tanks after all.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you know what sucks? Not having someone here to talk over the pros/cons with, just my mom and dad when me meet up and on the phone. I know, unfortunately, that I can talk myself and rationalize decisions in every direction.

I know that feeling. :grouphug:

I sent 4 mls listings for town homes to my agent to see if I can get in to see them Fri after work or any time Sat. I'm really starting to believe this will be the best idea too, for another reason. Houses are more difficult to access socially around here, have to get in a car to go from house to house. Don wanted me to be social, and to meet someone after him and be happy. A townhouse area will take care of some of that, and 2 of the 4 listings have a pool. 2 have a garage. So we'll see.

I sent 4 mls listings for town homes to my agent to see if I can get in to see them Fri after work or any time Sat. I'm really starting to believe this will be the best idea too, for another reason. Houses are more difficult to access socially around here, have to get in a car to go from house to house. Don wanted me to be social, and to meet someone after him and be happy. A townhouse area will take care of some of that, and 2 of the 4 listings have a pool. 2 have a garage. So we'll see.

And even if there isn't a single person there that you are interested in...the people you meet and become friends with might know someone that would be perfect for you!!!! I think this is a good choice, Annette :).

+1. Townhouse > condo since HOA fees are generally lower. And you get multiple levels of living space.

And even if there isn't a single person there that you are interested in...the people you meet and become friends with might know someone that would be perfect for you!!!! I think this is a good choice, Annette :).

Yep, that's what I was thinking, know more people that has a friend of a friend and so on, and so on, and so on. Thanks for the support.

+1. Townhouse > condo since HOA fees are generally lower. And you get multiple levels of living space.

I originally wanted one level but I'm ok w/ one bedroom and a bathroom upstairs or something.

Made an offer on the cheapest one listed for 120K for 115K plus them taking closing costs so I hope they accept, then It'd be like 113K for me. For the difference in savings and by help of my mother I must put new carpet on the stairs and upstairs and a nice mahogany laminate on the main floor and kitchen (they had a dog which pissed everywhere and the moment you walked in it musty and stains on the carpet. Mom said she has an equity loan she can borrow from and she'll just do it as a "gift" He'll send me the paperwork so I can e-sign so offer can be made. Don't know if he does that or if the lady that writes up the mortgage stuff.

Laundry upstairs w/ the 2 bedrooms and walk-in closet. Downstairs has doors going to a cement patio, it has black appliances and dark cabinets in the kitchen. I'll paint it tan and then put up some kind of peel & stick back splash and replace the kitchen light.

This payment, even w/ taxes, home ins and assoc fees would be affordable so I could pay an extra 50 to the balance to increase equity and STILL pay mom 50 month back and still paying less than living here.

It has washer/dryer so after finding out the age of those I could keep the youngest and sell the others off for 75 a piece. I'll have to buy a new fridge, but I can do that interest free with applying for Lowes credit card and then pay it off at tax time.

So, hopefully I get the write up soon. I could drop off inspection & earnest checks to the office on Wed when I'm off work and on that side of my town. He thinks if they accept I can have a closing like 12/15, then Lowes can put down flooring. I'm sure my mom & I can paint in one weekend and be done. It's just to remove sky blue from the master bedroom, bathroom and walk-in closet.

TY. I just had a guy from our local reef club buy my WNB 110 Reef Octopus that was in my 60 for $90. Then his wife bought sheet music for $20 and then he got 2 superman rhodactis for $20. I did cheap on those as that's all he had and I already have a rock that has another 3 on them in my 34 and one rock in 10g has two. But, having to pay $600 out of pocket for the inspection and earnest money will leave me short til payday. So it's off to the bank I go to make a deposit on Wed. I didn't get paperwork yet to e-sign so I don't know if they verbally told them the offer and I'm waiting or if they have to get that to me first to e-sign and then make the offer? I don't know how that works. But it would be great to hear something today still or tomorrow.

Luckily, he's wanting to do a shroom/softie tank so maybe he can also end up getting my hairy mushrooms later.

Crossing my fingers for you too! Sounds like it will be a really nice place from your description!

Not huge, 1140 sq ft but it's all I need. I have 1500 where I live now and it's too big.

Made an offer on the cheapest one listed for 120K for 115K plus them taking closing costs so I hope they accept, then It'd be like 113K for me. For the difference in savings and by help of my mother I must put new carpet on the stairs and upstairs and a nice mahogany laminate on the main floor and kitchen (they had a dog which pissed everywhere and the moment you walked in it musty and stains on the carpet. Mom said she has an equity loan she can borrow from and she'll just do it as a "gift" He'll send me the paperwork so I can e-sign so offer can be made. Don't know if he does that or if the lady that writes up the mortgage stuff.

Laundry upstairs w/ the 2 bedrooms and walk-in closet. Downstairs has doors going to a cement patio, it has black appliances and dark cabinets in the kitchen. I'll paint it tan and then put up some kind of peel & stick back splash and replace the kitchen light.

This payment, even w/ taxes, home ins and assoc fees would be affordable so I could pay an extra 50 to the balance to increase equity and STILL pay mom 50 month back and still paying less than living here.

It has washer/dryer so after finding out the age of those I could keep the youngest and sell the others off for 75 a piece. I'll have to buy a new fridge, but I can do that interest free with applying for Lowes credit card and then pay it off at tax time.

So, hopefully I get the write up soon. I could drop off inspection & earnest checks to the office on Wed when I'm off work and on that side of my town. He thinks if they accept I can have a closing like 12/15, then Lowes can put down flooring. I'm sure my mom & I can paint in one weekend and be done. It's just to remove sky blue from the master bedroom, bathroom and walk-in closet.

You had me at "walk-in closet" :wub:

fingerscrossed

Finally got an email so I signed & sent back so offer is out since 7:30 or so. I'll be dropping off the Due Diligence check and Earnest money check tomorrow to the agent when I meet up w/ him and his wife at their Anglican church service at 11 and then a potluck. I used to be Catholic and didn't like it but this is the only way to get the monies to them to keep this process going. Seriously only this town home and 2 others on the market left here for my price range so I can't delay. And Bill is a friend of my deceased husband and his wife & I are friends. They're good people. Bill and the mortgage person there have been on top of it since I called Monday and asked, You wanna have a sale before the year is over?

Smaller place certainly is easier to maintain! There's less floorspace to vacuum, less surfaces to dust, etc. Plus your cooling/heating bill will be lower! It's just like aquarium husbandry in a sense...

Not huge, 1140 sq ft but it's all I need. I have 1500 where I live now and it's too big.

I thought earnest money deposit is held by a 3rd party usually? That's what happened when I bought my current home. Or are you not going through a realtor?

Finally got an email so I signed & sent back so offer is out since 7:30 or so. I'll be dropping off the Due Diligence check and Earnest money check tomorrow to the agent when I meet up w/ him and his wife at their Anglican church service at 11 and then a potluck. I used to be Catholic and didn't like it but this is the only way to get the monies to them to keep this process going. Seriously only this town home and 2 others on the market left here for my price range so I can't delay. And Bill is a friend of my deceased husband and his wife & I are friends. They're good people. Bill and the mortgage person there have been on top of it since I called Monday and asked, You wanna have a sale before the year is over?

A 100 Due DIligence to the seller and 500 in the realtor's trust which would be knocked off my purchase price.

I'll know something by 5pm tomorrow. Realtor thinks they'll counter. Then I have to make choice to either accept or deny.

There's another unit in the subdivision over that is same 1170 sq ft however it was going for more but that unit had a change in the plan w/ the owner so they feel I could offer same on that one as they are now even more eager to sell.

Differences though.

1) dark brown cabinets which I prefer
2) fireplace, love the extra warmth, glow and smell of firewood
3) a walk-in closet, after all I'm taking a 3 bedroom duplex and squishing it into 2
4) a patio that has a vast view of grass on either side and then forest/creek so I can take Hagen potty. The other unit has an immediate stop at end of patio w/ with bushes and enbankement with immediate view of the back of the other duplexes so visually I'll feel cramped in the only place I can relax outside.

Even if they come back asking 1-2K more I'll still probably accept due to those factors. The other one for it's benefit has a grey kitchen so I wouldn't have to paint it and has more appealing kitchen countertop and I'd only have to replace the main floor carpet with mahogany pergo. So I'd save myself like 2K. As opposed to the one I want would have to have stairs and upstairs carpet replaced as well.

I'm hoping I hear today as it's Sunday, a new way to start the week.

I certainly like a place with less work haha. And the first one sounds better anyways with the great view for you to relax. That way you don't have to always stay in front of your tanks to relax :)

Well, someone else put in a better offer so I was rejected. At what I can afford there will have to be something I have to fix.

So we're trying for the other one in the subdivision over.

The patio stinks, no fireplace, no walk-in closet and light brown oak colored cabinets instead of rich brown and would still be replacing main level flooring

The realtor said they were more desperate now though and it's only been on market for 7 days. So we asked 10K off of 127K and for them to pay 1K of closing costs.

Just feeling like that will get rejected too. Apparently God wanted me to be single when he took my husband 3.5 yrs ago and now he doesn't want me to find a cheaper place to live that I can call my own.

Archived