Coral Vue Hydros

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

Ugh what a pain planning the logistics of everything! Good luck!

Thanks. My failure will certainly be if I don't plan. If I close on the 18th I'd have until 12/31 to move out of here but then again the Pergo floor has to get put in and has to sit 3 days to acclimate before they can even install it. Then I have to paint the downstairs w/ my mom. Then I can get the 40 going, then the 20, and 10.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are very handy. Keep up the nice work and keep on keepin on

Sure will try, certainly would be less stress if I didn't have to move 3 tanks. But at least it'll be more manageable. Before it was 4 saltwater tanks and the 55g freshwater, and a cocker spaniel, to take care of. Now just 3 tanks.

Yea, i down sized to one tank. It was too much and in the process of selling some of the remaining hardware. It was getting out of control. Had a 6, 12, 28 and 35 gallon tanks. No more of that nonsense. 1tank

Just to show Gena how big the Gena Toadstool became!! Was it 2 yrs ago now???

20151208_195333_zpsvhoxt2lg.jpg

20151208_195343_zpssl5kyipe.jpg

20151208_195351_zps9mv2pr2i.jpg

The bowerbanki looks better today, thank God.

In house news, my realtor emailed me and gave me the information too call to set up utilities for 12/18 so hopefully there will not be a delay on the bank end. So water & electric done so far, still have to call water and cable, unfortunately, the same provider is not 1.5 miles away so I'll probably have to pay some penalty at the current cable company, not my fault they didn't expand a little further and snatch up the townhouse complex in the next county over.

I fed all the flowers today and Gertie of course.

Supposed to be 70 on Saturday (and Employer Christmas party that night) so I have to hose out the 10g fuge of the leftover sand I had when I emptied it, and also take the time while I have hose hookup here, and an area to dump waste water, to rinse the crushed coral I bought for Gertie's tank. You think it'll be ok to sit in the bucket wet? Maybe just do one more rinse in RO/DI before I put it in her tank later. Just trying to figure out timeline. It could be 2 wks in the bucket.

Looks awesome!!!! I think it has been about 2 years now. Crazy! And that poor bowerbanki! Glad it's feeling better today :).

We close on my mom's house tomorrow. The guy buying it has already been in the house doing some remodeling and it's fun to see the pictures. I'm excited for him but also incredibly sad. Such is life. I didn't realize when I was there this last summer it would be the last time I'd see it as I remember it. He will do a nice job with the remodeling though and it really needs it :).

Yea, i down sized to one tank. It was too much and in the process of selling some of the remaining hardware. It was getting out of control. Had a 6, 12, 28 and 35 gallon tanks. No more of that nonsense. 1tank

So I wasn't the only nut! Mantis has to stay separate so that's one tank. Found her after putting live rock into my 34, new tank born!

Maybe one day I can merge the 10 and 20. Guess that's maybe why I'm still holding onto the 34 in my extra bedroom. At least if a tank breaks I'll have an immediate one in the home already. You just never know.

Looks awesome!!!! I think it has been about 2 years now. Crazy! And that poor bowerbanki! Glad it's feeling better today :).

We close on my mom's house tomorrow. The guy buying it has already been in the house doing some remodeling and it's fun to see the pictures. I'm excited for him but also incredibly sad. Such is life. I didn't realize when I was there this last summer it would be the last time I'd see it as I remember it. He will do a nice job with the remodeling though and it really needs it :).

Kinda had something like that happen. There was a 3 ft tall pear tree that seeded itself between this unit and the one next door. Don & I watched it grow and become so pretty, over the roof now. 2 days ago the landlord cut it down. I cried and was sad. I guess there's some utility lines of some kind there so it had to go. But it made me realize, again, that this was not our place, just rented for a moment of time together, but it was special for those 3.5 yrs. It was a symbol of shared love.

Saturday Randi put up the Christmas tree Don & I had, multiple styles of pine with pine cones, very pretty, authentic looking. She put some pics up for me in FB messaging. I cried, no longer my tree, our tree, but for a new loving family who's daughter runs up to the tree, smiles at the lights and walks away. In a new home for someone else, for new memories.

So I wasn't the only nut! Mantis has to stay separate so that's one tank. Found her after putting live rock into my 34, new tank born!

Maybe one day I can merge the 10 and 20. Guess that's maybe why I'm still holding onto the 34 in my extra bedroom. At least if a tank breaks I'll have an immediate one in the home already. You just never know.

Yep, you have company in the "nuts" dept.

Yep, you have company in the "nuts" dept.

ha ahaha. I'm moving from a 3 bedroom to 2 bedroom so really had to downsize many things. My beloved husband & I each had a marriage before that so into our marriage we naturally had things in the home from the previous marriages. So much stuff.

ha ahaha. I'm moving from a 3 bedroom to 2 bedroom so really had to downsize many things. My beloved husband & I each had a marriage before that so into our marriage we naturally had things in the home from the previous marriages. So much stuff.

Are you guys staying close or is there some distance in the move?

Sure will try, certainly would be less stress if I didn't have to move 3 tanks. But at least it'll be more manageable. Before it was 4 saltwater tanks and the 55g freshwater, and a cocker spaniel, to take care of. Now just 3 tanks.

Wait.... isn't it 3 tanks and a cocker spaniel or did I miss something?!?

Are you guys staying close or is there some distance in the move?

Unfortunately, my husband passed 3.5 yrs ago so it's only me, it's only 1.5 miles away but in a different county. So me & cocker spaniel Hagen.

It is 3 tanks now, but I had going at one time the Evolve which is now the 10g, Gerties 20g, the 34g, the 60g rfa tank and the 55 freshwater w/ blood parrot, catfish, jack dempseys, firemouths, and silver dollars. Now Ii'll be the 10, the 20 and the 40. The 60g I'm giving to my friends who are helping me move, and they're starting up an LFS. They know I'm trying to sell it in our local club and they told me they have no room, but I'm pretty sure they'll have room for "free" (he's part Jewish, he won't walk away, he jokes saying he's Jew-ish, not full jew, eats pork, etc. The 34, Maiden's Voyage, I'll keep in the 2nd bedroom closet, just in case one tank breaks, or if I have desire to move the 10 and 20 together one day. I want them separate as I want to get that bimaculatus blenny and maybe a damsel for the 10g.

Unfortunately, my husband passed 3.5 yrs ago so it's only me, it's only 1.5 miles away but in a different county. So me & cocker spaniel Hagen.

Sorry to hear that. Never know what life is going to throw at us. Good luck with the move.

Sorry to hear that. Never know what life is going to throw at us. Good luck with the move.

Quite alright. The move will be good for me I think. It's just been a whirlwind since July. I was told my job was being outsourced Mid July and that I'd have a job til 11/30, so I started packing right away not knowing where I'm going, what I'm doing. In August I'm told my rent will go up another 50 bucks, so again, must keep packing. So building a modular to save money didn't work, couldn't find flat piece of land here on USDA property, then I had no such luck find a home in my price range, then finally found a townhouse. Labor Day weekend I was told they reconsidered our positions at work and my group of 7 is now not going anywhere thank God. And add a garage sale in there too! Just nuts. So now closing on the 18th is coming up, hopefully it happens on time. Just got paperwork from the HOA.

It is 3 tanks now,

I was referring to Hagen! You made it sound like you were only moving the tanks and there was no cocker spaniel in the move.

I am getting sufficiently terrified of my upcoming move which will also involve 3 tanks and about 500 miles...

I was referring to Hagen! You made it sound like you were only moving the tanks and there was no cocker spaniel in the move.

I am getting sufficiently terrified of my upcoming move which will also involve 3 tanks and about 500 miles...

Oh gosh yeah, Hagen is still in the picture. My friend Randi moved from FL to NC, like 11 hrs driving. I know she had water made up already in 5g jugs so all she had to do was heat and pour in, it was Aug so she didn't have to worry about heating the water really. But w/ that kind of a trip you're keeping your fingers crossed and know things will either make it or not. Her clams made it find while some softies didn't. You just never know and I"m sure it depends on how healthy they were before the move, etc. I'm still nervous and it's a short distance. I'm thinking if I can get the 40g first, then the 20 & 10. As soon as the floors are in I can place the 40g and start cycling.

Supposed to be 71 here on Sat so I'm gonna have to use that time to rinse that crushed coral. I'm already thinking It won't be as bad as I thought to turnover the 34 to 40. It does stink I'll have to attach the Kessil to the wall right away or at least it can sit on the egg crate at a lower level. OK, less stress now, don't know why I didn't think of that. Still all worries me. I may have to borrow my friends 5g screw cap jugs and fill them just in case I have a problem w/ the RO/DI unit. Just thinking.

Pack 'em up with the heating packs like you do when making orders in winter? I know you can buy them at Walmart even but cheaper online probably still.

Good luck with the move, Flower. :flower:

Hope to see some beautiful pics of the tank when it's back up.

Thank You. I'll pics up as soon as I'm able. I have to call the cable company tomorrow for the new place and see what penalty I'll get when I cancel at this place. Unfortunately, not the same company, so I can't just transfer service. The one I have doesn't service that location. Hopefully I don't get dinged bad.

Yesterday and today I called to get electric and gas hook-up for 12/18 and today water hook-up for 12/17 as the gas company has to have the water on to check it. Next have to call the the dept that takes care of the sewage bill. I received my homeowner's info packet and some other legal homeowner's mumbo jumbo, not sure all what I have to do with it yet. Moving along. Tomorrow I send a copy of my bank account balance to the mortgage person. Getting down to it. Hopefully I can find out tomorrow if it looks like it's going to be on time or moving over a couple days. I still haven't heard about my floor yet, they haven't called to say the shipment came in. I still have time on that though.

Supposed to have closing 12/18, then I find out they need me to have condo insurance, not homeowner's insurance, that's AFTER I was in the office of the real estate agent sitting with their papers gal, she was there while I phoned St Farm for a quote. Got that today, paid today, yet they said it's the processing of the loan by the govt that they feel now the closing won't be until 12/31 which bites. They just told me to get on the horn last week and call all utilities. I did and now I'm set for shut off at this place 12/31 which now will have to change, I can't have a delivery of the walnut pergo flooring on 12/19 now, and have to cancel the utility dates. I'll call Wed on those, still hoping this will happen. My realtor is not happy right now w/ the mortgage people. And while it was nice 66-71 last weekend, now I have to live here longer, it will get a little colder and I didn't want to move tanks in the cold. Now I probably have to tell my landlord I need more time. I did NOT want this to go into January. I'm miffed but trying to be patient. I was hoping to be moved and have it all done by 12/31. That's the way it's supposed to work. Close 12/18 get the floors in, paint and get truck. It's all unpredictable, don't know when to do what.

I expected 2-3 days delay maybe but not that many.

Archived