Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

Thanks everybody. I just never heard of condo insurance before, I gotta call the agent tomorrow and make sure what I have, the condo ins was 90 for the year whereas homeowner's was 439 and both have some of the same things on there, no coverage B for medical something on homeowner's, both have the jewelry/furs thing they always have, both have coverages A, C, E, F. I just don't know if it's something on top of the homeowner's that HOAs make you do? My mom has a town house in the same county, within city limits and she doesn't have condo insurance. I have no clue and doing as I'm told to make this happen.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposed to have closing 12/18, then I find out they need me to have condo insurance, not homeowner's insurance, that's AFTER I was in the office of the real estate agent sitting with their papers gal, she was there while I phoned St Farm for a quote. Got that today, paid today, yet they said it's the processing of the loan by the govt that they feel now the closing won't be until 12/31 which bites. They just told me to get on the horn last week and call all utilities. I did and now I'm set for shut off at this place 12/31 which now will have to change, I can't have a delivery of the walnut pergo flooring on 12/19 now, and have to cancel the utility dates. I'll call Wed on those, still hoping this will happen. My realtor is not happy right now w/ the mortgage people. And while it was nice 66-71 last weekend, now I have to live here longer, it will get a little colder and I didn't want to move tanks in the cold. Now I probably have to tell my landlord I need more time. I did NOT want this to go into January. I'm miffed but trying to be patient. I was hoping to be moved and have it all done by 12/31. That's the way it's supposed to work. Close 12/18 get the floors in, paint and get truck. It's all unpredictable, don't know when to do what.

I expected 2-3 days delay maybe but not that many.

We had a week delay on the closing of my mom's house due to the buyer's lender having some issue. Sounds like it's the status quo now with these lenders. Can't wait to see you settled in the new place :).

:o Dang Annette.....I'll be prayin for ya! Don't let the B-----ds get ya down!

It must be Murphy!

Hope all things get worked out..tough to spend Christmas waiting around for a move! And sooooo much to do..poor thing!

I have learned a lot from you gals about not expanding....only 1 tank for me...I'm just too lazy...got a new FTS on my page, but SmugMug my photo vault has changed their share links and I couldn't get a pic to embed here. Just have the link up.

I had a nightmare 2 nights ago, I was standing in front of my tank which had tipped over, all the water ran out, everything was dead and I was crying and saying "There goes $2000 down the drain" Fortunately, I woke up...hope its not prophetic! :huh:

Ya'll all have a Merry Christmas, hear! :wub:

We had a week delay on the closing of my mom's house due to the buyer's lender having some issue. Sounds like it's the status quo now with these lenders. Can't wait to see you settled in the new place :).

I'm sorry you're having to wait too.

Found out just today that the condo group over the townhouses has some things to finish up, when they're done, THEN the loan can go to the USDA to be approved so we can come up w/ a closing date. So unfortunately, I'll have to spend my Christmas and New Yrs here. I wanted to start the new year over in a new place, not w/ a hectic move w/ fish tanks in January. I wanted this to be in the past, not starting my year. I wanted this to count some towards this yrs taxes so I could give my mom more back for closing costs & flooring costs at refund time. WAHHHH!!!!!

:o Dang Annette.....I'll be prayin for ya! Don't let the B-----ds get ya down!

It must be Murphy!

Hope all things get worked out..tough to spend Christmas waiting around for a move! And sooooo much to do..poor thing!

I have learned a lot from you gals about not expanding....only 1 tank for me...I'm just too lazy...got a new FTS on my page, but SmugMug my photo vault has changed their share links and I couldn't get a pic to embed here. Just have the link up.

I had a nightmare 2 nights ago, I was standing in front of my tank which had tipped over, all the water ran out, everything was dead and I was crying and saying "There goes $2000 down the drain" Fortunately, I woke up...hope its not prophetic! :huh:

Ya'll all have a Merry Christmas, hear! :wub:

I'm trying to be patient. I used to be a patient person. But today esp it was like a full moon was out and all the bad things were happening at work, every person had a thorn up their ass and people making extra work when they need to leave things alone and accept the answers they're given. I wanted my year to end w/ a bang, now it ends w/ disappointment and now for sure closing will be in January. I wanted a b-day on 1/15 to be relaxed, not moving. SERENITY NOW!!!! SERENITY NOW!!!!

Thanks everybody. I just never heard of condo insurance before, I gotta call the agent tomorrow and make sure what I have, the condo ins was 90 for the year whereas homeowner's was 439 and both have some of the same things on there, no coverage B for medical something on homeowner's, both have the jewelry/furs thing they always have, both have coverages A, C, E, F. I just don't know if it's something on top of the homeowner's that HOAs make you do? My mom has a town house in the same county, within city limits and she doesn't have condo insurance. I have no clue and doing as I'm told to make this happen.

Condo insurance is somewhat similar to renter's insurance because you are covered for walls out by your HOA and you have to cover walls in - so it is typically cheaper than homeowner's insurance. Pretty much the difference is less coverage is required for condos than property/homeowner's insurance.

Just go sit in front of the tanks and chilllllllllllll! Think peaceful thoughts :happy:

Thoughts became more peaceful when last night I sold my 60g tank w/ lights and my 55g freshwater. 2 large items I wouldn't be bringing to the new place because honestly, 3 tanks is enough so that was a huge relief.

Also, my realtor today said all the paperwork is done, we're now in this stupid delay period. The delay now is due to a new federal TRID regulation that requires a three-day waiting period after all the loan documents are completed.

After those 3 days the USDA gets it and because I was already pre-approved for it all, it should be quick. He said "I'm hoping for before Christmas but that isn't firm". HEY! I will take that over I don't know when, or January. It needed to be this year for taxes & such.

Condo insurance is somewhat similar to renter's insurance because you are covered for walls out by your HOA and you have to cover walls in - so it is typically cheaper than homeowner's insurance. Pretty much the difference is less coverage is required for condos than property/homeowner's insurance.

Yep, I called them yesterday to make sure what it was and that is all I needed. So I'm happy to not have to pay 40 more a month.

So, getting there. I do feel better today with that news.

Thoughts became more peaceful when last night I sold my 60g tank w/ lights and my 55g freshwater. 2 large items I wouldn't be bringing to the new place because honestly, 3 tanks is enough so that was a huge relief.

Also, my realtor today said all the paperwork is done, we're now in this stupid delay period. The delay now is due to a new federal TRID regulation that requires a three-day waiting period after all the loan documents are completed. [/size]

After those 3 days the USDA gets it and because I was already pre-approved for it all, it should be quick. He said "[/size]I'm hoping for before Christmas but that isn't firm". HEY! I will take that over I don't know when, or January. It needed to be this year for taxes & such. [/size]

Yep, I called them yesterday to make sure what it was and that is all I needed. So I'm happy to not have to pay 40 more a month.

So, getting there. I do feel better today with that news.

Oh...there is hope :happydance:.

The sale is done on my mom's house. It went through last week. Happy and sad.

Oh...there is hope :happydance:.

The sale is done on my mom's house. It went through last week. Happy and sad.

I can understand. I wonder how many times I'll be on autopilot and drive to the wrong home. They're only 1.5 m away from each other. I may still check to see if in the spring or summer some basil happens to pop up and grab a plant if it does. They were my original seeds after all!! I'm still going to plant some in a container for sure.

How long did your mom have the home?

Pop some garlic in the ground now......this is the time for it.

Hope all works out and you get in your new place soon! Waiting on all the crap sure does suck.

I wish I could but I'm moving. Wish I'd have a place to garden but it'll be pots on the patio is all I'll be able to do now. I should have a closing before the month is over.

I can understand. I wonder how many times I'll be on autopilot and drive to the wrong home. They're only 1.5 m away from each other. I may still check to see if in the spring or summer some basil happens to pop up and grab a plant if it does. They were my original seeds after all!! I'm still going to plant some in a container for sure.

How long did your mom have the home?

That's nice that they are still kinda close. You can drive by for old-time's sake :).

We moved into that house in '82 so 33 years! LONG time! I wish I was able to help clean out the place. I'm sure I would have come across some amazing old memories. But my stepdad did find a few things and put them aside for me. Including a portrait my mom and I had done when I was probably 5, maybe younger, of our profiles. I forgot about that. I'm hoping this summer to make a trip there to pick up the things that were set aside for me.

FINALLY, MOVEMENT! Found out at 7:24 that if the USDA gets the disclosure to us on Wed the 30th then the seller agreed to let me have early occupancy so I could start moving over and closing would be Mon 1/4. Which means I still have to find out if I can have Lowes drop off the flooring on the 30th or 31st, then maybe they can install it on 1/4 or 1/5 then mom & I can paint the living room & dining after that and I can start moving tanks!!!!. Maybe I can start feeling rested from the stress.

Water based paint but I want to make sure any smell is gone before bringing tanks.

I just wish it fell in this tax year cuz of closing costs. Don't you get to include that in next yr's taxes? But regardless, at this point at least I start the year off half moved in.

Update. Nothing happened today. Didn't get the disclosure statement to sign so I could have early occupancy so I can't have them drop off the flooring yet though I set up the installation date for the flooring. Makes sense. Closing set for Mon 1/4 so I thought give it one day unless delayed so I'm having them put in the floors on Wed 1/6, not much time to paint cuz Fri 1/8 I want to get movers & get out so Sat & Sun I can clean the apt. When am I supposed to paint? I wanted to paint before putting the tanks in.

Also didn't get a quote back today from movers after I emailed yesterday.

And due to excessive rain my friend couldn't pick up my long table to go back to my mother's home as she had multiple trees fall on her property.

I called the water company and they said "15 callers ahead of you Jimmy!" in the 6 mins left I had to my lunch. I did manage to call the gas and electric company to stop service here Monday as they don't do it on the weekend and to cancel the previous idea of disconnecting 12/31 So, have to call water company tomorrow so I have water on new year's eve.

Hoping tomorrow is better. I need to hear about this disclosure statement tomorrow. Send prayers, good vibes, thoughts, etc.

It will all work out! Soon we will be saying " Welcome to NC!"

I'm already in NC! Hahaa. I'm just moving 1.5 m away. Not a long move but I need to get out of my renting situation. Maybe you're thinking of Mirya though. I feel if I don't get out now by 1/8 that my landlord will charge me for Jan and I'm trying to avoid that. Usually we have until the 5th to pay if we're staying that month. As it is I put myself down to move 1/8 cuz the floors have to be put in but the movers haven't called me yet and the next days it's the weekend so I can't turn off utilities at old place until Mon 1/11. So I reallly need those papers to come tomorrow and no more hiccups.

And yeah, my first tank moves and 2 tanks have to cycle first before the rest can go in. So yeah, I'm stressing.

That's right. Forgot you where working on better digs in Asheville. So. I so have CSR disease!

I'm already in NC! Hahaa. I'm just moving 1.5 m away. Not a long move but I need to get out of my renting situation. Maybe you're thinking of Mirya though. I feel if I don't get out now by 1/8 that my landlord will charge me for Jan and I'm trying to avoid that. Usually we have until the 5th to pay if we're staying that month. As it is I put myself down to move 1/8 cuz the floors have to be put in but the movers haven't called me yet and the next days it's the weekend so I can't turn off utilities at old place until Mon 1/11. So I reallly need those papers to come tomorrow and no more hiccups.And yeah, my first tank moves and 2 tanks have to cycle first before the rest can go in. So yeah, I'm stressing.

I called the water company and they said "15 callers ahead of you Jimmy!"

Haha!!

Oh man, I don't have that kind of patience... Sending good vibes your way!!

Archived