Innovative Marine Aquariums

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG OMG

DONOT THROW THE KESSEL away!!!! Firstly, contact Kessel and see what they can do...they might be willing to repair it on the cheap.

Then contact Dave and ask him if it can be salvaged!!! I'll ask Todd what he thinks...you can't believe what he is able to repair (He is self employed computer guru) We get more computers/monitors/printers because he never throws broken stuff away. People drop their phones and tablets into their toilets all the time!

Don't worry, it'll be O.K. It can happen to anyone!! Just drink your booz and chill.......... :P

We've all survived these frickin mishaps.....hang tight! I agree with Jedi, chill and get the move accomplished and then....CREATE

I am so sorry to hear of your losses. My heart just sank as I read all that happened. I know it is hard to lose any of our animals. I am just so very sorry. My husband bought me new lights for my 10 gallon, he let me set up for my chirstmas gift and I droped them in the tank the third day I had them. I reached in and grabed them out too with my hand. Praise God I didnt get zapped. Accidents happen. I feel so badly about all your nems and other losses. A big hug from me and you have been and will be in my thoughts and prayers. Truely if there is anything I can do let me know.

I've been thinking about you a lot, Annette :grouphug:.

I LOVE SquishyFishy's suggestion!!!! I bet the company could help you out!!!! Everything always works out in the end :).

Todd says you can try blow drying the kessel for a while and then put it in a baggie with a lb of rice for a few days to see if it will dry out...he doesn't much think it will can saved but its worth the cost of the rice to try it. He has resurrected several things this way.

So sorry. Life does seem to throw us some hellish curve balls at time. Loosing animals is always the pits. Hope the Kessell can be saved.

Annette, I am so very sorry to hear this. I know how hard moving a tank has to be and then to have a disaster like that happen is just heartbreaking. Hang in there and don't beat yourself up about it. I know I've felt very defeated by this hobby before. Hopefully you can move forward and start fresh with new excitement about the tank.

Btw, the new floors are gorgeous!!!

Oh no :(. I'm so so sorry to hear about the losses. Such a beautiful collection lost. I'm sure something can be done about the light but still, I'm so so sorry for your losses :(.

And of course I'd have to get a Kessil again. I miss my big yellow one especially. While I know it was an accident, there was nothing I could do to help them, and that was the saddest I became, when I couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Annette

We were all sorry to read about your unfortunate accident in your tank. We got together and thought that if we banded together as a community, we could help you overcome this loss. The generosity that came pouring out from not only members of this community but vendors as well, speaks volumes to how much we all think about you, not only as a person, but as a valued member of our Nano-Reef community.

We initially thought our money could go towards a few new rock flower anemones. However, Frank at VIP Reef generously offered to give you a 10 pack of RFAs that matches the ones he remembers you purchased as much as possible for the cost of shipping, which has already been paid by the collection here at NR. Give him a call! :)

In addition to that, we have raised over $330 (final tally is still pending) that will be sent to you via paypal, our intent to replace the light. Dave from NanoBox has offered a NanoBox Duo Plus for a significantly discounted price of $315. Kessil, after hearing what happened, has also offered a new A360WE-Tuna Blue at a discounted rate of $290 plus shipping. So please take this donation and use it as you see fit. Whether it be on a new light, NanoBox or Kessil or more livestock and/or RFAs to go with the 10 pack you will be receiving from Frank at VIP. Again, we all are thinking about you and hope this helps with some of the frustration and sadness you’ve experienced over the past few days.

Your friends and Nano-Reef family

Hey FM glad we could all help get you back on your feet! This goes out to everyone whos gone through a rough patch and the sincere kindness from others that can help see you through it. True reefers stick together :grouphug:

:tears:omgomgomg No words. Just crying! Just really over the top overwhelmed. I'm trying to get my breathing under control. I'm just crying uncontrollably, no..sobbing is what it's called. Called my mother so she could hear the beautiful words Harry spoke on your behalf. I knew when I found this group it was special. I know how much this group has meant to me, making new friends and acquaintances, and learned and learning so much. Where's my Kleenex I packed??? You guys, I just....wow, just wow, and incredible love, support, understanding.

And to the vendors, I'm just floored as well. I don't know how to express anymore but gratitude to a community that is so caring beyond words. You guys!! I wanted to say something as soon as I read. Thank you hugs and kisses & well wishes to everyone.

I'm just so appreciative. I come here also to support others & sometimes you just don't know just how much words on your post mean to someone. There should never be any doubt in this group of the genuine nature of all of you to how much you care about the corals, fish, anemones, reefers, vendors. Just trying to breathe. You've turned me from :( to :wub: . Bless you all. I fell the love, here's me hugging you all back :grouphug:

I feel like I'm a toddler struggling to find one foot in front of the other learning how to walk. You've already done so much but I was hoping you call could do one more thing???. Could you help me pick a light?

The A350W I had over my 34 and I loved it. I've never personally seen a Duo and I have heard equally amazing testimonials. I guess this will be for my 40g still then if I stick to the plan you're helping me carry out. Still in shock here, mind racing. I'm going to try eat something if I can. I'm just overwhelmed. Sorry it took so long to post. I was just so disheartened. And I still have the light, I had no rice (was the first thing I thought of too).

And one more thing, I rinsed the mini gravel before I put it in but do you think I should stick w/ this black mini gravel idea which is lovely because you can clean it like you would a freshwater tank with a siphon or go with crushed coral? And keep the name Midnight Garden? I had to find something more sturdy for babies, hopefully babies, to attach. But I was also going to go sumpless so the skimmer plus being able to truly vacuum would be a benefit. And as with Gert's tank I will be putting macros in to help with the water quality as well. Just unsure now.

And you all made my mother cry too. My mother doesn't understand hobbies, she came from Poland and where you just worked on basic needs of living, people didn't have hobbies. I think she comprehends more now of the social aspect as well. Thank You, you guys are all so considerate.

Hi,

You probably don't know who I am, but I read about what happened and I'm really sorry. You're going to get through it. You have a gift for reefkeeping.

A

I'm just now seeing all of this, I cannot believe that happened after all that stress and hard work you've been putting in! I'm so happy to be a part of this community, everyday it seems like people step up to the plate to help others and provide encouragement. I can't wait to see the Midnight Garden and see how you recover and exceed your prior tanks with this new one! :) I'm rooting for you! :grouphug:

Archived