Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A guy from my local reefing club came over and now I have my light up. It was cool, it was a round led covered disc inside so no light bulbs of any kind. I opened it and I'm like, this looks like the inside of a reef light!

20160130_144824_zpsg8yixwfs.jpg

That looks great - we need to replace our fan lights with those, it is a pain to change the bulbs.

Looks like you are settling in nicely finally!

That looks great - we need to replace our fan lights with those, it is a pain to change the bulbs.

Looks like you are settling in nicely finally!

Thanks. It's a nice frosted glass. Got it from Lowes, like $45.

And that guy also drilled several holes for me in my previous 55g stand so I could have the plugs go out the back for the BOSE and dvd player. Now I just have to figure out how it all hooks up so I can have sound and Neflix.

20160130_171815_zpsi2969e2a.jpg

Ha! So it turns out in the mail I got a refund of $48 from the garbage company and almost $7 from the cable company so that pays for getting a new 40 at the next $1 sale and white paint.

jedimasterben

Not sure if Petco is still on I was in there today and no sale.......it was going on last week though. Bad thing now about the Petco tanks is they can not be drilled now.......they are now using tempered glass...........

Neither aqueon nor tetra use tempered glass, at least up to their 40 gallon size, I am not sure about their 55g tanks.

Neither aqueon nor tetra use tempered glass.

Well it said right on the one I looked at tempered do not drill.....so maybe they are messing with people then :wacko:

jedimasterben

Well it said right on the one I looked at tempered do not drill.....so maybe they are messing with people then :wacko:

It costs a lot more money to use tempered glass, so they would definitely not use it especially for their dollar a gallon tanks lol. They may be putting it on their to discourage people from drilling. The 5.5g I bought today says do not drill, but it definitely isn't tempered :)

Ok, here's some craziness. I thought everything left on/around the 5 rocks in the 40g was dead. I just heard the pistol. Don't know which rock he's in. Water is 68 degrees and since I haven't topped off it's 1.032. How do I get him out? On top of that I can't put him in Gertie's tank and I don't think I can put him in the 10g w/ the large coral banded. ??? I didn't know he was alive, he's small I didn't know where he was even, and assumed he got nuked. How has he survived? No warm temp or food and he's been in there since the 17th.

Maybe I have to try just setting the rock on the left side of the 10g and hope he comes out?? And that tank has the starfish too but it's probably better than Gertie's tank as an option.

Ok, here's some craziness. I thought everything left on/around the 5 rocks in the 40g was dead. I just heard the pistol. Don't know which rock he's in. Water is 68 degrees and since I haven't topped off it's 1.032. How do I get him out? On top of that I can't put him in Gertie's tank and I don't think I can put him in the 10g w/ the large coral banded. ??? I didn't know he was alive, he's small I didn't know where he was even, and assumed he got nuked. How has he survived? No warm temp or food and he's been in there since the 17th.

Maybe I have to try just setting the rock on the left side of the 10g and hope he comes out?? And that tank has the starfish too but it's probably better than Gertie's tank as an option.

I think he would be safe in with the coral banded. He'll probably just make himself a burrow and not be bothered at all. :)

Hardy little fella :happy:.

Unfortunately, I just shook each rock. He has to be hiding in one of the 2 big rocks that have melted remains of rfa on them and zoas. I can't possibly even think of sitting a rock in the 10 w/ that junk in hopes the little guy comes out. He's so small I only saw him when he first went into the 34, he was clear and about 3/4". I've never seen him since. And I don't think now I will either. I don't want to contaminate the 10g that has my maxima and green bta.

And a picture of Hagen who gets his hair trimmed and nails, his nails on this floor are very loud.

20160130_201210_zpszfwarjjf.jpg

Do you have a RO set up at home? If so maybe make some RO water and dip each rock in just strait RO. If pissed off enough he will come out.

Those little guys and gals are pretty hardy just like a mantis.

Do you have a RO set up at home? If so maybe make some RO water and dip each rock in just strait RO. If pissed off enough he will come out.

To continue on this, just set the rocks on a bucket lid for a bit, they tend to come out of the rock eventually. This is how I was able to find my porcelain tonight. I was sure I'd never find him since he is tiny and there are SO many holes

That's a good idea. The water was so cold I'm still trying to warm up from it after I had my hands in.

They are tough little guys and the cool water probably slowed his metabolism down a bit so he didn't need to eat or have as good a water quality. When you find him you can probably keep him in a 5g bucket with some live rock and an open airline or airstone and just do small water changes until you can decide where to put him.

To continue on this, just set the rocks on a bucket lid for a bit, they tend to come out of the rock eventually. This is how I was able to find my porcelain tonight. I was sure I'd never find him since he is tiny and there are SO many holes

I like this idea.... maybe pull the rock and put it in a bowl or something for say10 to 15 mins ad see what crawls out :blink:

This, along with a flashlight and a chopstick! :lol:

I used a skewer tonight to get my goby out of a rock I pulled from the tank.......it was not happy.....

Thanks, I'll do it tomorrow. I'll put some RO in a 5g bucket. I just hope he doesn't die w/ the shock to no salt. But I have to try. I'd feel guilty if I didn't.

I'm having a sentimental evening over my rock flowers. :tears: I miss them. And I miss my urchins. When I get this going again I'm going to make sure to hit up KPA for some urchins. And the star fish in the 10g, the red one and the harlequin will go back in the rock flower tank.

20150522_193033_zpsnr4qsuzb.jpg
20150606_214254_zpscfhangxx.jpg
Of all the flowers I seem to miss this big yellow the most.
20150815_192629_zps8d4t8pab.jpg
20150829_171727_zpspecxg55q.jpg
20151003_212406_zpsdnpfppyq.jpg
See the 2 little babies??
20151003_202132_zpsjbnc4vhq.jpg

they are all so beautiful. i am sure you will fill your new tanks with more RFA beauties soon. Frank is probably saving some nice ones for you =P

I haven't emailed him yet. Of course It was an accident but I'm still a little embarassed. Granted, it's not like he doesn't know. I first have to get the new tank whenever the sale is, buy a circulation pump, then get it cycling. Who knows, maybe they'll be a $1 per gallon sale for Valentine's Day or Easter or something. I will email him tomorrow.

Archived