Coral Vue Hydros

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

It costs a lot more money to use tempered glass, so they would definitely not use it especially for their dollar a gallon tanks lol. They may be putting it on their to discourage people from drilling. The 5.5g I bought today says do not drill, but it definitely isn't tempered :)

How could they put something on a box like that just to discourage something if it isn't true? That seems like it would get them in trouble for false advertising.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are tough little guys and the cool water probably slowed his metabolism down a bit so he didn't need to eat or have as good a water quality. When you find him you can probably keep him in a 5g bucket with some live rock and an open airline or airstone and just do small water changes until you can decide where to put him.

My little candy pistol lived in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone and a 25W heater for a week or so after my move. I'd here him snapping every night, as if to complain about his home.

I'd be hesitant about trying to get him out by dipping the rock in RODI. I'm pretty sure that shock would kill him. You could put the rock he is in, in the 5 gallon bucket. That way you don't have to worry about the rotting stuff on the rock contaminating your other tank.

Once you do get him out, I think the pistol could live with the coral banded just fine. The pistol will just hole himself up again in another burrow like Merthy said.

I love the look of black gravel but I can't imagine keeping it clean. Every time I blow off my rocks I get a little sandstorm of white stuff.

i haven't had much issue. but maybe my idea of "clean"

is not the same with your idea. ha! i'll get accumulation, but

i clean the sand bed near every 10 days with a turkey baster.

was the pistol shrimp a hitchhiker? i tried to find post but could not!

i haven't had much issue. but maybe my idea of "clean"

is not the same with your idea. ha! i'll get accumulation, but

i clean the sand bed near every 10 days with a turkey baster.

was the pistol shrimp a hitchhiker? i tried to find post but could not!

He was a hitchhiker from when I started this tank in Oct 2013. I saw him the one time and that's it. So he's still small. He's definitely some kind of snapping hitchiker pistol.

Well, I decided to take the middle ground. Put half tank water and half RO to see if I can coax the pistol out by being uncomfortable. 1st rock, 30 mins, nothing. Trying the 2nd rock now while the other rock is on the counter to make sure it wasn't in the tank. All that's left are 3 small rocks in the tank, 2 of which don't even have tunnels in which to hide. Hopefully it'll come out. If I don't try it would die either way. I'll let ya know if I find him of course.

I didn't do a water change this last weekend but I did add that caulerpa on the right side. Things are puffing up even better. That duncan should be the size of a grapefruit.

20160201_213655_zpssr0okclw.jpg

20160201_195853_zps70lotg4q.jpg

20160201_195940_zps0qnn7r79.jpg

Damn, these looked so much better under the Kessil. Here they look like cinnamon palys instead.

20160201_211645_zpsxe9f0a1o.jpg

20160201_211659_zps6u26gox7.jpg

20160201_211710_zpsovqov7z8.jpg

20160201_211717_zpsrs2leml4.jpg

Oh, and Gert is doing great, nobody bothers each other. I'm so pleased about that.

OOPS, this should've been on Gertie's thread. Still trying to keep the natural look for Gertie.

jedimasterben

How could they put something on a box like that just to discourage something if it isn't true? That seems like it would get them in trouble for false advertising.

i%252520dunno.gif

Everything is looking great. Love your grandis palys still. Very beautiful. Your duncan is really nice too. I lost my huge colony to brown jelly disease a few months ago. I miss them. They add a lot of movement to a tank. Glad Gertie is doing well!

Don't stress about the colors! They'll all color back up once you get your new awesome light. I'm thrilled to see its all looking so healthy and puffy!

Don't stress about the colors! They'll all color back up once you get your new awesome light. I'm thrilled to see its all looking so healthy and puffy!

I just miss seeing the corrected color. I certainly couldn't be happier seeing them puff up. I need to put my Lowes timers back on.

Also, I put in (it's bad I know), my second ever order of cuc, some of it just for Gertie to play with. Unfortunately, with the incident I don't have many. I did see one nassarius in there w/ Gert. No snails in the 10.

I don't believe the crabs will last long with Gertie. I got more knowing the 40 will be up at some point. I may only put one crab in at a time & leave the other 3 in the 10g and as needed I'll move one over. I wonder what kind of escargo Gert will like first?

I have just a touch of cyano in the 10 right up front for about 6 inches long, inch wide. Hoping some of these will eat it. Which are more likely to do so?

30 Nassarius
5 Bumble Bee Snails
5 Astrea Snails
5 Trochus Snails
5 Coraline Margaritas
Blue Leg Hermit Crab 4
Tapestry Nerite Snail 4
Turbo Snail 4
Zebra Snail, small 2

Oh, and never found the snapping shrimp in the bucket with the 2 largest and holiest of rocks in the bucket. We'll see if I hear anything in the 40 tonight, only 3 small rocks. If I hear nothing I'm assuming it passed away.

2nd bathroom is done, except for putting away stuff underneath the sink and buying a soap dispenser.

20160207_163240_zpsevsq7qsk.jpg

I love it!!! That's so adorable and absolutely perfect for you!

I just miss seeing the corrected color. I certainly couldn't be happier seeing them puff up. I need to put my Lowes timers back on.

Also, I put in (it's bad I know), my second ever order of cuc, some of it just for Gertie to play with. Unfortunately, with the incident I don't have many. I did see one nassarius in there w/ Gert. No snails in the 10.

I don't believe the crabs will last long with Gertie. I got more knowing the 40 will be up at some point. I may only put one crab in at a time & leave the other 3 in the 10g and as needed I'll move one over. I wonder what kind of escargo Gert will like first?

I have just a touch of cyano in the 10 right up front for about 6 inches long, inch wide. Hoping some of these will eat it. Which are more likely to do so?

30 Nassarius
5 Bumble Bee Snails
5 Astrea Snails
5 Trochus Snails
5 Coraline Margaritas
Blue Leg Hermit Crab 4
Tapestry Nerite Snail 4
Turbo Snail 4
Zebra Snail, small 2

Oh, and never found the snapping shrimp in the bucket with the 2 largest and holiest of rocks in the bucket. We'll see if I hear anything in the 40 tonight, only 3 small rocks. If I hear nothing I'm assuming it passed away.

For me, I've had good luck with dwarf ceriths and trochus for cyano (oops - just realized dwarf cerith aren't on your list!)

I used to have ceriths but they just seemed to die and I never saw those did anything for me. Of course I didn't have cyano in the 34.

Found the curtain at Walmart. I was like, yep, that's the one that will be in the hallway bathroom serving the other bedroom that will never get dirty, unless I have guests. Still have to buy a liner.

Love the shower curtain! Bathroom looks great. Little by little it will all get done...then to the tanks!

Yes, today I put up 3 pictures on the walls, made deconstructed cabbage rolls (minus rice) for lunch for the rest of the week, and I'm trying to move some bins upstairs so they're out of the foyer. Trying is the word, I keep distracting myself or my dog is distracting me.

20160207_145037_zpsyxeuwd79.jpg

Yes, today I put up 3 pictures on the walls, made deconstructed cabbage rolls (minus rice) for lunch for the rest of the week, and I'm trying to move some bins upstairs so they're out of the foyer. Trying is the word, I keep distracting myself or my dog is distracting me.

20160207_145037_zpsyxeuwd79.jpg

Now that is looking like home. :) I see a spider plant with babies!

Yep, that is correct, the plant that keeps on giving. It's just root bound in it's pot and the soil is old and dry. I need to put it in a bigger pot, perhaps hang it in front of the kitchen window. Or put it on a stand in front of the kitchen window as it's a long tall window.

They are one of my favoite house plants. The other is christmas cactus. So beautiful.

I tried once w/ Christmas cactus. I don't have a green thumb for it. It was pretty though, fuschia or however you spell it.

Archived