inTank Media Baskets

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

Hagen says, "^&*(&*( no!"

So I take it he is settling in to the new place?

I guess, he pooped the first time in the house!!!. Before I showered for the evening last night I took him outside. And he was putzing around after he peed so I'm like, fine, we'll go inside and I'll take you back out like 11 or so. I come out of the shower, come downstairs, and when I noticed he wasn't following me...I knew something was up. He pooped behind the recliner and before the 10g tank. So I take that as a yes, except he still wants to bark at every person that walks by outside, or opens their garage across the street, or drives their car on by.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20150423_230805_zps97ypcfvy.jpg

I really like this shot! The Fts looks great .......I like Hagen

Yeah, I miss that one. I have pictures at least. I miss all of them. It just looked so amazing even with no light.

He actually shook his head no :lol:.

This tank looks fantastic too! I think the toadstool has grown since I last saw it. It looks huge!

That's what I thought too!

I notice the toadstool is doing some shedding on it's base right now. So it is getting bigger. I'm so proud of it. From a little guy he's grown so much. I think it likes this tank better, it opens more.

Hagen is adorable! Didn't realize he was an Am. cocker. We have English - cockers have so much personality!

I've never seen an English. Here's a shot of him last year some time after he got a mohawk.

20150515_181213_zpsyjktndpz.jpg

20150515_181343_zpsoq0rluim.jpg

But I love it most when he's fluffy, I love his fluffy paws. And I love the poses on the couch the best.

093_zps9f2a30fb.jpg

I wanna see your pics now and where in NC are you?

Oh, I love his goofy smile! Reminds me of my own goofball when she's on the couch:

A2rl1NC.png

Adorable! My sister has yorkies - such a big dog personality in a little package!

We are just outside of Charlotte, in Mint Hill. Our youngest son and family live in Asheville, where my parents grew up, so we are up that way quite a bit!

Adorable! My sister has yorkies - such a big dog personality in a little package!

We are just outside of Charlotte, in Mint Hill. Our youngest son and family live in Asheville, where my parents grew up, so we are up that way quite a bit!

Haha, mine's actually a Silky, but Yorkies are just as gorgeous and wonderful as well. :)

You'll be sorry you asked for pics ... here are sone of our English cockers from the past 20 years ... 5 generations.

They're gorgeous and groomed so well! Ooh, I have favorites already. The silver/black looks so silky & shiny. But I also love the tan and white. How exciting to be surrounded by gorgeous dogs.

Hagen got to meet the next door yorkie first time today. He ran up to it but I had him on the leash. Yorkie was not bashful, they both sniffed noses & stopped barking at each other. So I'd say it was a a good first union. He's been hearing the little guy often when my neighbor would take him outside in back.

I think so too because it's definitely bigger than it was. It really stands out :wub:.

Previously it remained more cone shape, now it just unfolds. Guess it didn't like the brightness of the Kessil.

I don't believe I shared here so will. I know I showed the pic of the shower curtain. Things are coming along, still have more pictures to put up everywhere.

When you first come in, the hallway. To the right you go upstairs where there's a laundry closet and 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths.

20160208_180205_zpsijcf1nbu.jpg

To your left is the kitchen

20160207_145550_zpsfb8snovj.jpg

Then into the dining/living room.

20160207_145037_zpshvkubf1g.jpg

20160214_232946_zps6ks1y8fi.jpg

Made sure treadmill was situated so I could still see Gert's tank sitting down on the couch.

20160214_223652_zpsgm0xj5zy.jpg

20160214_233829_zpsivqgo4wt.jpg

and upstairs 2nd full bathroom

20160207_163240_zpswdwj289a.jpg

the 2nd bedroom.

20160214_222108_zps6b7gmih2.jpg

Next time I'll get my bedroom. I need to buy a bed set for it first, make it look more put together. I love this quilt. Don's mother made it for us as a wedding gift, quickly at that, she and the girls in her church quilt group hurried as Don & I decided to get married at the justice of the peace 2 mos earlier than we thought.

They made this beauty in 2 wks and then took it someone to do the machine quilting that holds it together.

Glad to see it is coming together for you.

I am not into colors and decorating :lol: as well I am a guy......but I do like the pop of the floor with the white trim and green paint in the entry ;)

Love the colors and flow! That quilt is wonderful - I love to quilt (machine only) and am in the planning stage for a reef themed quilted wall hanging to go near the new tank. But I still love traditional quilts, and that one is a beauty!

I've never seen an English. Here's a shot of him last year some time after he got a mohawk.

20150515_181213_zpsyjktndpz.jpg

20150515_181343_zpsoq0rluim.jpg

But I love it most when he's fluffy, I love his fluffy paws. And I love the poses on the couch the best.

093_zps9f2a30fb.jpg

That last picture is so freaking adorable. I love that guy.

Thank you for posting these. Everything looks so welcoming and comfy. The color scheme is warm and peaceful. That quilt is georgous. The colors they picked go well together. I am a brown and earth tone girl though, so am partial. Your new home flows well. I know what a hard few months you had but I pray peace and happiness in your new home. :)

Love the colors and flow! That quilt is wonderful - I love to quilt (machine only) and am in the planning stage for a reef themed quilted wall hanging to go near the new tank. But I still love traditional quilts, and that one is a beauty!

Thank You. It's amazing what she and the girls can do so quickly. I had so many wall hangings she made my husband. We both had previous marriages and he had so many that when I moved I just gave some to the Salvation Army donation store because sometimes too much is too much. I still kept favorites. I can't tell you how many pot holders I have. And placemats, and double sided dog bandanas for Hagen to wear. He probably has like 20 for all different holidays.

That last picture is so freaking adorable. I love that guy.

Yeah, so do I. He's still been very needy, sitting right next to me since we've moved. And he leans in and is right in my face, crawling under my arms, or standing there leaning into my shoulder, tail wagging.

20160209_193100_zpsfhkqly4z.jpg

20160209_193120_zpszricq5u5.jpg

looks like you are all settled in!

I'm getting there. What you don't see are the piles of buckets outside, an extra Brute, the bucket of rocks outside, bucket of rocks inside. There's a half bath walk-in closet that is holding things I have to remove, like boxes of cds, dvds, other things. Once I remove them I can then hide some of the extra buckets. I probably have more buckets than I need, then still a rollaway thing w/ 4 drawers, then some boxes of equipment, a bin, just too much.

The house looks beautiful! Even though the move was traumatic it looks like you are getting settled in. Love the quilt :)

Thanks, I used to have it hanging in a bedroom but I didn't feel like doing that here, room's not big enough and the colors are so pretty. It's just an extra bedroom so no one's really gonna use it, not much and if someone's coming over I'll have them sleep with something else.

I love your new home, it is so warm and comfortable looking!

Thanks. Trying to give it a warm feel with nature pics I took. I try to make it look balanced but I can't manage to keep my tavern table/dining table clean. It ends up being where everything lands- the mail, papers, receipts, chargers. I still haven't learn to keep that clean.

Thank you for posting these. Everything looks so welcoming and comfy. The color scheme is warm and peaceful. That quilt is georgous. The colors they picked go well together. I am a brown and earth tone girl though, so am partial. Your new home flows well. I know what a hard few months you had but I pray peace and happiness in your new home. :)

Yeah, I still have a tall Federal Sideboard my husband called it. It's heavy, a great deal of room underneath and it's still a mess in that corner of the living room to the right of the tv. Those little shelf things were already there when I moved in.

20160215_193128_zpsijmwo2mi.jpg

Totally different topic, but I started the Whole30 paleo diet again like I did last yr for 4 mos because I'm tired of feeling tired physically and mentally. It's just more difficult when there was no lack of chocolate cakes and treats at work last week, so my cravings are up. And they'll have to get shot down. I Imagine a detox phase again like last time that left me irritable and rather bitchy, but when your body's trying to understand you're not giving it things any more, it starts rebelling in emotional ways. As it is there are things that annoy you, always at work, but oh boy am I gonna have to keep my mouth shut over the course of the next 2 wks.

Basically, it's no processed foods, no things that cause inflammation like grains, dairy, soy, nuts like peanuts, sugars, even honey and maple. So for 30 days it's veggies, meat, fruit, a good fat (which includes bacon if it's nitrate, nitrite, and sugar free) or almonds for example. It helps reset your body's clock, hormones, etc, removes cravings, loss of weight and I only used the treadmill maybe 3 times for 30 mins so it wasn't due to that, that I lost 14 lbs. SO....I'm hungry right now and have to go eat. Then have to go on the treadmill for a 30 min walk. I'll move up later to 60 later, just not right now. My avatar was when I felt soooo good, felt so alive.

Archived