inTank Media Baskets

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

Basically, it's no processed foods, no things that cause inflammation like grains, dairy, soy, nuts like peanuts, sugars, even honey and maple. So for 30 days it's veggies, meat, fruit, a good fat (which includes bacon if it's nitrate, nitrite, and sugar free) or almonds for example. It helps reset your body's clock, hormones, etc, removes cravings, loss of weight and I only used the treadmill maybe 3 times for 30 mins so it wasn't due to that, that I lost 14 lbs. SO....I'm hungry right now and have to go eat. Then have to go on the treadmill for a 30 min walk. I'll move up later to 60 later, just not right now. My avatar was when I felt soooo good, felt so alive.

good for you! i need to look into this as I have battled inflammation all my life. i get sick a lot and my skin flares up a lot. it's just so hard to stay away from grains, dairy, process foods. They are in everything!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, when you learn the trick to keeping a 'catch all' table clean of mail, receipts, and who knows what else, PLEASE let me in on the secret! We have one of those too and its the first thing you see when you walk in the door. So much for first impressions at my house, ha ha!

good for you! i need to look into this as I have battled inflammation all my life. i get sick a lot and my skin flares up a lot. it's just so hard to stay away from grains, dairy, process foods. They are in everything!

Read or listen to the book called It Starts with Food, it's by the people that started the Whole30 movement. After 30 days you can start re-introducing some things and seeing then which ones really bother you, whether it's grain or dairy, etc. I don't have any known illnesses but I do know that after a month my borderline high bp, cholesterol and borderline sugar level were normal after a month. My face cleared up, even skin tone, bumps went away, a mark by my left eye that looks darker and looks like I'm crying, goes away, nails harder, hair softer, whites of the eyes are very very white. Many people just do paleo after that which allows you honey as it's not processed and maple. But it is amazing what it takes care of. And the food I'm eating is far from bland. It's seasoned, it's not a low salt diet but when you remove processed things to that extent that some people eat processed, they have to add salt into their diet. Salt is not the cause of bp going up.

http://whole30.com/2011/06/the-whole30-a-z-real-life-testimonials/ a listing of illnesses that it's helped or eliminated

Well, when you learn the trick to keeping a 'catch all' table clean of mail, receipts, and who knows what else, PLEASE let me in on the secret! We have one of those too and its the first thing you see when you walk in the door. So much for first impressions at my house, ha ha!

I already know I'm NOT going to keep a catch-all drawer. If it's that important then I need to file it. That whole drawer is in a box somewhere but I have to say I can't find my nail clippers so....

I pray you do great on your diet change. I totally get it.

Thank you. I did it for 4 mos, it becomes a lifestyle change, it's actually pleasing to just use the meat and veggie/fruit sections and avoid the rest. It was crazily giving more freedom. You spend less time at the grocery store. They suggest organic of course but they also know people have to eat within their means. Tell you what, once I stopped a Hot Caramel Mocha w/ a bacon egg cheese biscuit about 4 times a week, I saved close to 30 dollars. How much is a pack of eggs? How much does it cost to fry up 10 eggs with a bag of frozen mixed peppers & onion for a scramble and call that breakfast for 5 days? A helluva lot cheaper than that and it let me see I could eat organic chicken, only $3 or so more for the amount I get. And the fact that my dr wanted to start putting me on some bp meds, savings! That was the point I said, no, I can do this myself. I ate. Time for treadmill.

Thank you. I did it for 4 mos, it becomes a lifestyle change, it's actually pleasing to just use the meat and veggie/fruit sections and avoid the rest. It was crazily giving more freedom. You spend less time at the grocery store. They suggest organic of course but they also know people have to eat within their means. Tell you what, once I stopped a Hot Caramel Mocha w/ a bacon egg cheese biscuit about 4 times a week, I saved close to 30 dollars. How much is a pack of eggs? How much does it cost to fry up 10 eggs with a bag of frozen mixed peppers & onion for a scramble and call that breakfast for 5 days? A helluva lot cheaper than that and it let me see I could eat organic chicken, only $3 or so more for the amount I get. And the fact that my dr wanted to start putting me on some bp meds, savings! That was the point I said, no, I can do this myself. I ate. Time for treadmill.

I understand. I have lived on a VERY limited diet for about eight years because I have several auto immune diseases. One is very dibilitating if I eat off my special diet at all. I have to be very carefull where I get my food, that it is pure and what I eat, to feel well and be able to function. I praise God I live in a country I can get the foods I need to live on, to feel well and for His help to keep me healthy. I hope you dont go thru any detox.

Ha! I look at attitude change as meaning it's working and using a treadmill to further expel junk from my pores and epsom salt bath to further the cleansing.

My friend has a couple autoimmune disorders, I don't know what they're called but I look up to Diana. She's lost almost 100 lbs while on prednisone, and she follows mostly the autoimmune protocol in the book. When she waivers she feels it right away like you do. And this is the woman that loved baking for her family. It's just unbelievable to me what she's lost while on such high doses of prednisone. But she went from needing a cane to walk from the car to the front of the restaurant to now walking every weekend over the course of the last year, us walking 3-4 miles whenever we go and I'm the one panting now. She can also sit longer at work cuz she's not having the same pain. I do know one thing she has, her body is like eating it's own cartilage or something, causes ringing in her ears and fibro malaysia, lupus, etc. She even has her own blog. I'm so proud of her. She's also helping her husband stabilize his Type II diabetes more.

Me too! Because I think my entire house is a "catch all" table at the moment :0)

Your condo is looking awesome, Annette!! Beautiful.

Ha! I look at attitude change as meaning it's working and using a treadmill to further expel junk from my pores and epsom salt bath to further the cleansing.

My friend has a couple autoimmune disorders, I don't know what they're called but I look up to Diana. She's lost almost 100 lbs while on prednisone, and she follows mostly the autoimmune protocol in the book. When she waivers she feels it right away like you do. And this is the woman that loved baking for her family. It's just unbelievable to me what she's lost while on such high doses of prednisone. But she went from needing a cane to walk from the car to the front of the restaurant to now walking every weekend over the course of the last year, us walking 3-4 miles whenever we go and I'm the one panting now. She can also sit longer at work cuz she's not having the same pain. I do know one thing she has, her body is like eating it's own cartilage or something, causes ringing in her ears and fibro malaysia, lupus, etc. She even has her own blog. I'm so proud of her. She's also helping her husband stabilize his Type II diabetes more.

I had eating disorder issues all my life and at one point weighed 310 pounds. So I understand where your friend is coming from. Doctors really dont know how to treat or help people with auto immune issues and we are forced to fall on our knees and pray for help from God and be lead to other more natural ways. I went from my family having to care for me for about two years to my husband and I being able to adopt special needs children again. I feel well again but have to be very careful or I can become very weak and debilitated again. I give all the glory to God and am just so happy to have livable life again.

I had eating disorder issues all my life and at one point weighed 310 pounds. So I understand where your friend is coming from. Doctors really dont know how to treat or help people with auto immune issues and we are forced to fall on our knees and pray for help from God and be lead to other more natural ways. I went from my family having to care for me for about two years to my husband and I being able to adopt special needs children again. I feel well again but have to be very careful or I can become very weak and debilitated again. I give all the glory to God and am just so happy to have livable life again.

Wow a testimony M2M! Praise God!

I'm trying the potato diet...yes, you read that right! No criticism, just google it. You'll be surprised. Normally, I am strictly a no nonsense food girl, but this impressed me.

We eat pretty healthy(no fast foods and no processed foods. I cook fresh every day), but I am a bread lover darn it. So no bread, dairy except plain yogart or anything else but potatoes, any type including sweet potatoes, in any preparation method (even french fries and potato chips) and salsa or sauteed good veggies only to put on top of them. Since they are so low in fats, they o.k. the chips. I am looking into the new air fryers. Herbs and seasonings of course but not too much salt. You have to take supplements but potatoes have tons of potassium, C and protein. I am only doing a week to see what happens. The reviewers of this regimen testify to lowered bad cholesterol, blood pressure, joint pain, etc. Also a surprising effect is people who snore stop almost immediately. So hubby is doing it with me. Also improvement in the gut and re-introduction of beneficial bacteria. Since I have Ulcerative Colitis, I am hoping there will be improvement. These guys are losing 1/2 to 1 lb a day. And another good thing is that you don't immediately gain when you end the diet. They don't recommend going past 60 days at a time. I'll let you know what happened at the end of the week.

Yeah, I hadn't heard of the potato diet. I definitely want to hear what happened after a week. We'll compare. I started this on Sun and I know I'm down 3.2 lbs already.

Potatoes whether white, sweet, yellow, whatever are allowed on the paleo 30day deal I'm on, it's just no deep frying or french fries in oil but probably ones in coconut oil would be allowed. I love red potato salad so I could make my own mayo and make it. yum. Most often I don't know why, I forget about potatoes, probably cuz I know baked would would be much better with sour cream and since the diet is no to dairy, kinda takes the fun out of baked potato. Can't put cheese on it.

But what I also love are just taking potatoes that were boiled, cooled like leftover, then slicing them, salt and pepper and frying gold on front and back in a little oil. Then the only way I could have ketchup is if I make it to have no sugar. Too much work to have to make your own ketchup. I'm sure there is a brand without it though.

My friend has some kind of electric roaster, she ends up making this sweet potatoes w /salt on the outside and mushy like pudding in the middle once done, it's like sweet and salty treat, OH MY GOD!!!!! Seriously amazing. They're so perfectly soft inside, it's like a dessert, feels sinful though it's not. It's remarkable.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I'm closing this thread since the tank was taken down January 14th, but not until I show a pic of some soup I made today since at last the topic was food. It's a paleo recipe from the Reader's Favorites cookbook from Paleo Magazine.

Asian Chicken Soup w/ Napa Cabbage and Bok Choy.

20160306_182127_zpsl6hvyafw.jpg

And since we're on the topic of food, this totally looks like fractal geometry. I never saw it before yesterday when I went to Whole Foods. Would this not make the most insane Acropora????? Could you imagine the insane price it would bring??/

So I'm sitting there taking pics at the grocery store of a vegetable. I couldn't buy it, it was too pretty. I've honestly never seen a vegetable this incredible before. It blew me away. It's a Romanesco Broccoli.

20160305_162454_zpsqdxrw8zt.jpg

20160305_162115_zpsvwrzfbjd.jpg

20160305_162107_zpstqxngrd4.jpg

Yummy soup! Sounds great. I have never seen a broccoli of any kind like that before. To pretty to eat!

SO mathematical. I'm very impressed with its design. Now I also saw orange "normal looking" cauliflower". I'd say I prefer that white. It had the perfect orange color like orange Tic Tac.

You are in an area for GREAT farmers markets come spring.

Oh man! I miss great farmer's markets. When we lived out in Michigan, we would go to the Eastern Market in Detroit a few times a month. I loved it. And when we lived out on the eastern tip of Long Island, it's all awesome farms and vineyards so the produce was amazing. Here? eh. We have a tiny farmer's market on Wednesdays at 2 PM - first, who does a farmer's market on a Wednesday at 2 PM? I'm working during that time so I've only gone a couple times when I was able to sneak away for a half hour. but there's generally only one or two vendors that actually have produce. The rest is homemade breads, jams and stuff like that.

Oh man! I miss great farmer's markets. When we lived out in Michigan, we would go to the Eastern Market in Detroit a few times a month. I loved it. And when we lived out on the eastern tip of Long Island, it's all awesome farms and vineyards so the produce was amazing. Here? eh. We have a tiny farmer's market on Wednesdays at 2 PM - first, who does a farmer's market on a Wednesday at 2 PM? I'm working during that time so I've only gone a couple times when I was able to sneak away for a half hour. but there's generally only one or two vendors that actually have produce. The rest is homemade breads, jams and stuff like that.

Well Saturday and Sunday here ;) Plenty of produce and seasonal berries and fruit to go around. Plus we have farm stands all over the place.

You are in an area for GREAT farmers markets come spring.

Yeah, I do like to get some fresh produce! Especially tomatoes. I'm wanting some potted plants in the front and a couple on my patio in back.

I like the big farmer's market. There's 2 sections. The top is covered & you walk through, the bottom area you drive by to the outside vendors and that's where most of the savings are.

• 2 weeks later...

ha! I can't seem to stay on it. My friend had her step-dad and uncle died 2 wks apart and I was stressing for her because everyone looks to her to be the most level-headed and they've all had to deal w/ these accidental deaths so I ate poorly.

ha! I can't seem to stay on it. My friend had her step-dad and uncle died 2 wks apart and I was stressing for her because everyone looks to her to be the most level-headed and they've all had to deal w/ these accidental deaths so I ate poorly.

Like only cause I can relate. Work has been stressing me out and I made the mistake of getting ice cream at the grocery store. I've eaten two pints in 2 days!

I think I'm too hard on myself sometimes but then I think, this life is pretty short but I don't want to feel gross and I don't have anyone in my life as far as a boyfriend so I can't totally let myself go!

Archived