Cultivated Reef

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

And, hey Mirya, as long as the weather is fine, I can make a trip there and see them in person. It is hard to decide on a light without having seen one before.

We have a spare bedroom and Hagen is welcome to come too. :D

Of course, you do know that Dave is kinda in between me and you in Greensboro!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could respond to everyone as quickly as you've been commenting. It's hard to take it all in. Barry White will be playing in rounds one day.

We have a spare bedroom and Hagen is welcome to come too. :D

Of course, you do know that Dave is kinda in between me and you in Greensboro!

No, as puts head down in shame, I didn't know where Dave is located. I wasn't in the market for lights before so while I read about the lights, I wasn't aware of the location.

I still remember more than two years ago when I first started my PicO thread, you were one of the people that first commented and stuck with me all these time. You were always kind and supportive. This is just our small way to thank you for all you have done for this community.

and go with nanobox...just saying.

I wish I could respond to everyone as quickly as you've been commenting. It's hard to take it all in. Barry White will be playing in rounds one day.

No need to respond until you have the tank figured out :lol:

Like you posted earlier just remember to breath and relax.......

Breathe & relax, no doubt, my eyes have dried out from all the crying. I am happy to say that the 2 queen mattress boxes will be taken away and the new 2 Queen split boxes will be moved upstairs so I can put those rooms in order. I'm so tired looking at the disarray upstairs and I'd like to show some pics. I'm not a neat freak but there's just no order up there in the 2nd bedroom, it became the catch all. Oh, and the ceiling fan in the living room came from Home Depot, so I have to call them, about getting a light kit so I can have light in my living room.

I'm going to bed now. All the strong emotions have wiped me out. I'll never, ever forget how you've all shared with me today. There's just a personalization and caring this NR family has that I haven't seen on other forums. Many times we can't get support from our families because they don't understand the complexities and the deep rooted love we have for our fish, anemones, critters & corals. Tomorrow I need to reach out to the vendors right after work for my thank yous for their offers.

Yay! :grouphug:

Btw, those ceiling fan light kits are easy to install with very few tools...usually just a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. And there are lots to choose from in different styles.

I know I am a bit late to the party but I vote for the NanoBox over the Kessil. You definitely get better control out of the box and Dave is an awesome guy which is an added bonus.

Hello FlowerMama, all,

I have been watching your threads for many months now. They have served as motivation while I setup my own RFA tank.

I honestly can not think of any words to express how sincerely sorry I am for your loss.

I wish you all well...

If it makes a difference I could even drop off the unit or meet you somewhere in Asheville on VDAY. I will be out there with the wife and a huge group of my old paintball friends for the weekend.

Also if you needed a Quad I am here to help you out. I can offer a better price on this as well.

Thanks for the love NR squad. :)

-D

If it makes a difference I could even drop off the unit or meet you somewhere in Asheville on VDAY. I will be out there with the wife and a huge group of my old paintball friends for the weekend.

Also if you needed a Quad I am here to help you out. I can offer a better price on this as well.

-D

Now THERE'S an offer you wouldn't get from Kessil! That's awesome, Dave.

-D

This all is making me very emotional. The kindness of this group is unmatched. Your generosity is unreal. Yes, Dave, we'll talk. At work, have to go.

Hello FlowerMama, all,

I have been watching your threads for many months now. They have served as motivation while I setup my own RFA tank.

I honestly can not think of any words to express how sincerely sorry I am for your loss.

I wish you all well...

Thank you Aqooa. I didn't know I was a source of inspiration. Really happy you've joined us. As you've seen the type of good-hearted people here makes us stand out. I'm so happy you like my tanks.

I'm grinning and dripping.........glad to have been of service, love you dear!! Thanks for being my tank buddy on here.

If anyone deserved this it was you...

God bless...

Becci

Harry/Stella, its a good feeling isn't it?

Hi everybody, I have mattresses on top of boxes now upstairs and I'm slowly getting my foyer back for a side table. As soon as they brought them upstairs I laid down and slept solid until 9:30, realizing what time it was I got up. I hadn't eaten anything yet. You guys made my head spin yesterday :P . I am going to pay it forward in the future for sure somehow. Wouldn't it be wonderful if I could send everyone a flower? I'd love it. I love the process you get to see with spawning and little babies, I just have to learn more how to get them to eat. I'll see them for a a week and then never see them again, so I don't know if it's from me bothering them to eat or if they didn't get the nutrition and slowly faded away. But....I'm going to figure it out. I need to find the balance that feeds them and doesn't dirty up the tank. Seems like folks with smaller tanks are having an easier time feeding and rearing. And I'm just genuinely excited for anyone's babies. Just more to learn and I love it and I'm so excited there's a Rock Flower Appreciation Thread that Mirya started I believe.

I want to see more large rock flowers. It's sometimes hard to see scale but I hear reefers have ones the size of small dinner plates and I'd love to see more pictures.

Looking forward to see what you come up with ;)

I just got into the Rock Nems a few months ago and well 15 now :rolleyes: and the biggest is about 3 inches I think. Dinner plate sized :blink:

i have some nems from VIP coming in soon =). Bought them last week but waiting to ship since I will be out of town later starting tomorrow night.

Oh good, glad you're getting some more. His nems have never failed me. They're always very healthy. His nems speak for themselves.

Oh good, glad you're getting some more. His nems have never failed me. They're always very healthy. His nems speak for themselves.

I live like 20 minutes away and go there occasionally for the $20 Nems he posts- they're awesome. He even gave me a TINY nem for free (super baby that probably will disappear but I had to try) that was floating around haha.

He probably had no clue who I was from the emails but whatever :lol:

I remember him telling me that most of what he sells isn't even online, he just has no time. Have you been to his new place? I only saw the previous place last June when I drove to make his acquaintance and was very impressed. We don't have shops of that caliber here.

I messaged Dave to give him my contact info and a little background. That last nem I showed a picture of in Gert's tank didn't make it. It would make sense for me to stop this thread down the line since the 34g is up in the master closet but for now I'll keep it.

Oh, I bought a ceiling fan light kit today so I'll put it up this weekend and then I can show pics of my living and dining room.

20160128_201906_zpsopm2zqzv.jpg

Archived