Innovative Marine Aquariums

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

Finally, I received this email from my realtor's mortgage person at 6:07pm today.

"We have received final approval from USDA!!! J

They're shooting for Mon but may be Tues. I rescheduled for the last time, the flooring people for Wed, the truck move Thurs. So I'll be off Thursday and then Fri it's my birthday, which I also took off. I hope I'm not too exhausted to party. Going to go to a local brewery's taproom restaurant and I just want to enjoy some food paired with beers and not be tired after a beer. Normally if I drink at my friend's house I will drink like 7-9 bottles, all the while standing, smiling, being talkative. I like beer, I can't do the girly drinks, too sweet. So, I'll be tearing down the tanks Wednesday.

That's fantastic news! Your daily updates are bringing back memories I repressed a long time ago :wacko: Just remember that a week after you move in you'll hardly remember any of this :D

When I think back on previous home purchases, I mostly remember it being an exciting and hopeful time in my life, and all the ups and down in the weeks before moving in just seem like little bumps in the road now. But it sure was frustrating and stressful to deal with at the time!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fantastic news! Your daily updates are bringing back memories I repressed a long time ago :wacko: Just remember that a week after you move in you'll hardly remember any of this :D

When I think back on previous home purchases, I mostly remember it being an exciting and hopeful time in my life, and all the ups and down in the weeks before moving in just seem like little bumps in the road now. But it sure was frustrating and stressful to deal with at the time!

Yeah, sorry to bring them back for you!!! It's been so irritating; they really know how to take the joy out of this. But finally it's moving, they just needed to get from the State Farm agent the new date of the homeowner's policy starting and some other small thing. Early today first time in a long time I've had acid indigestion and I know it's been due to stress and not eating as well as I'm trying to clear out the fridge and eating out and stress.

get ready to sign lots and lots of paper! when it's all over, it will be totally worth it!

Signing will be the easiest thing in this adventure. I'm going to take Hagen over Fri for about 20 mins while I bring a couple things over, just so he can discover a little while there's nothing in there and it won't matter if he pees on the carpet downstairs. Just he gets a little taste of his new digs.

I did not know the USDA even did home loans?

Finally, I received this email from my realtor's mortgage person at 6:07pm today.

"We have received final approval from USDA!!! J

They're shooting for Mon but may be Tues. I rescheduled for the last time, the flooring people for Wed, the truck move Thurs. So I'll be off Thursday and then Fri it's my birthday, which I also took off. I hope I'm not too exhausted to party. Going to go to a local brewery's taproom restaurant and I just want to enjoy some food paired with beers and not be tired after a beer. Normally if I drink at my friend's house I will drink like 7-9 bottles, all the while standing, smiling, being talkative. I like beer, I can't do the girly drinks, too sweet. So, I'll be tearing down the tanks Wednesday.

They are called "rural development loans" although in some areas you can get them in suburban areas. They used to be 0 down and like 3% interest. Pretty sweet deal depending on where you live.

Great news!

No peeing in the house that's not a good thing :lol:

Ha. Carpet first floor is getting pulled up for the Pergo laminate.

Yeah, it's a no down payment loan and has to be out of city limits. You can use it to build a home or find a home on an approved USDA zone map.

Yay, finally!

Yeah! And today I was given notice it will be 1pm on Monday!!! Then floor is installed Wed. Truck moves me Thurs.

Ha. Carpet first floor is getting pulled up for the Pergo laminate.

Yeah I figured as much but still no peeing not a good thing to start ;)

Ha haha. I took him over today for about 10 mins. He ran upstairs and downstairs, peed in the little landscapes space my neighbor & I share and I opened the closets so he could see and sniff my things. I'm still thinking the best thing I could do is drop him off at Petsmart to get his nails cut, washed and combed that Thurs morning while I'm moving. Too much door open, door shut and I can take care of everything more efficiently without worrying about him.

That sounds wonderful. Where's the spa? I do want a 2 person hot tub. Maybe one day I can put one on my patio. Cuz it's like sardine neighborhood, everybody would see me enjoying my hot tub. Sad part is I wouldn't be able to go nude.

That sounds wonderful. Where's the spa? I do want a 2 person hot tub. Maybe one day I can put one on my patio. Cuz it's like sardine neighborhood, everybody would see me enjoying my hot tub. Sad part is I wouldn't be able to go nude.

Well you could... it would just be a show for everyone else!

I do in-home Spa Days for a living, just lemme know when ya want me to come by!! :P

Congrats on everything finally moving forward, hope the difficult part is over with soon.

Just plant some tall evergreens on either side :).

Petsmart :lol:

I do in-home Spa Days for a living, just lemme know when ya want me to come by!! :P

Congrats on everything finally moving forward, hope the difficult part is over with soon.

Ok, you're going to have to tell me what that means! So how've you been enjoying the spring weather in Greenville these days??

Well you could... it would just be a show for everyone else!

Yeah, If they don't mind seeing my top goods! family neighborhood with kids, I'd keep the bottom on. That's one way to find a boyf, errr, .....voyeur!!!

Just plant some tall evergreens on either side :).

They have some foliage, but right behind that it goes uphill to the next set of town homes right behind it.

patio_zpsqwgc6gyi.jpg

Petsmart :lol:

Ha! I wanted to talk about what I need, not just him!! I really need to schedule his free teeth cleaning. His mouth stinks on the days he hasn't eaten a dental raw hide chew.

All will work out soon......you will be in your new house and things will all calm down.

Oh and dog breath :o

Closing is 1pm on Monday!!!! And great news, I can bring 2440 less to closing! Which is great, I'll be paying back my mother who's been a great help in this with closing cost money, laminate floor money and appraisal money. I've never borrowed and don't like to from my parents.

I know the move was a good move. I know I'll feel better there. Memories are grande here but it IS time to move from here. I will be giving my tank a new name, this 34 will become the 40. 34 will go in the master walk-in as a in-emergency tank, should Gert's 20 or the 40 break. I'll still have MTS, multiple tank syndrome that someone mentioned but 3 will be more manageable than 5.

This Maiden's Voyage is almost done.

They have some foliage, but right behind that it goes uphill to the next set of town homes right behind it.

patio_zpsqwgc6gyi.jpg

Ha! I wanted to talk about what I need, not just him!! I really need to schedule his free teeth cleaning. His mouth stinks on the days he hasn't eaten a dental raw hide chew.

Your back space is cute! Is that a hydrangea on the right side of that pic? Love hydrangeas :wub:.

Your back space is cute! Is that a hydrangea on the right side of that pic? Love hydrangeas :wub:.

I have no idea what it is. It looks bigger when you're actually on the patio but I'm still going to grow some basil. I will miss that.

I have no idea what it is. It looks bigger when you're actually on the patio but I'm still going to grow some basil. I will miss that.

Just grow what you can...herbs do well in containers. Hell I have a few beds in the yard and well some things grow like crap in the garden but thrive in a pot on the deck.....

My green thumb sucks I guess......

Oh and Hagen was happy. Sniffing around. I'll take him again. Tomorrow I'm going to bring one of the Brutes over. Set the RO/DI unit up and heat it t, then come back 7 hrs later, turn the unit off, add the salt, put in the rock I mentioned before and put the lid on and a sign or something so the installers of the floor know it's not trash. Maybe put in a tbsp of skimmate? I also can put in the stuff that Gena gave me to cycle quickly. I'll at least then have 5 days of some cycling time. Does that sound like a good idea?

Also tomorrow I need to rinse Gertie's new bag of crushed coral really well. I can do one more final rinse w/ RO/DI before I put that in her tank. I need to do some of this as I'll be awfully busy Wed night w/ taking Gert's tank down and put them in a bucket. and the 34 into a bin that I still need to buy.

Again, thinking that w/ the 10g I might be able to get away w/ taking out 3/4 of the water, having a mover help me pick it up and move it to the side table, then put the fresh in and be done w/ that one easily since the sand is new since Aug. I guess as it gets closer to the move on Thurs am I'll have thought of a few more things along the way. What's bad is I still haven't found my frag kit. I need to see if it's in this little rolling compartment thing I have. I hadn't really checked there yet.

Archived