ReefCleaners.org

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

They have some foliage, but right behind that it goes uphill to the next set of town homes right behind it.

patio_zpsqwgc6gyi.jpg

Ha! I wanted to talk about what I need, not just him!! I really need to schedule his free teeth cleaning. His mouth stinks on the days he hasn't eaten a dental raw hide chew.

That is a cute little patio!

Tell me more about these doggy chews for dog breath...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I have some rock leftover from before that's dry and I want to put rock that already has been established but has no corals on it, into the Brute too to help the biology grow in the water. Anything I can do to help it along and at the same time have less to pack and move on moving day Thurs. Cuz I'm still gonna have to clean out the 34 g old sand, etc to pack it away into the upstairs walk-in closet I'm not using the same color or consistency substrate so I can't just take a couple handfuls of it and throw it in.

20160109_172003_zps3pp55duu.jpg

That is a cute little patio!

Tell me more about these doggy chews for dog breath...

I had some from the vet first but they were more expensive, so I just turned to these.

20160109_171752_zpskjies5sq.jpg

This was set up since 3:30. I'll check at the house at 10 or so, unless I make a trip out earlier. I'm gonna have to bring over a gallon container so I have some for top off the next couple days at home & then go back for some more.

20160109_154241_zpsdamwgr8a.jpg

I have no idea what it is. It looks bigger when you're actually on the patio but I'm still going to grow some basil. I will miss that.

You just need one of these:

hardware-shot2.png

It's called a Grove Ecosystem. Unfortunately, they are kinda ridiculously expensive. Cool though.

On a more serious note, I used EarthBox to grow tomatoes and peppers at the apartment in Columbus. It worked really well. And by that I mean the plants thrived! I do NOT have a green thumb. Now that I know a little more about container gardening, I've seen some easy DIYs out there for EarthBox-like containers.

Oh and Hagen was happy. Sniffing around. I'll take him again. Tomorrow I'm going to bring one of the Brutes over. Set the RO/DI unit up and heat it t, then come back 7 hrs later, turn the unit off, add the salt, put in the rock I mentioned before and put the lid on and a sign or something so the installers of the floor know it's not trash. Maybe put in a tbsp of skimmate? I also can put in the stuff that Gena gave me to cycle quickly. I'll at least then have 5 days of some cycling time. Does that sound like a good idea?

I think I'd skip the skimmate. You will probably have enough organics from the rock itself, particularly if you put some live rock in there without any light.

Ok cool, won't add that then. Thank You. And those boxes are cool. What's nice is the way the condo is, I'll have daylight from the kitchen window and then patio light later. Eventually I want a storm door for the front door so I can let more light in when I'm lounging at home. There's only a light over the dining room so I'll have to replace the ceiling fan in the living room with one that has a light. I'll still have a stand up light by my recliner.

Already love how the new place is looking! And I bet Hagen would love those rawhide chews - I know my Duchess would go crazy for them. :happy:

Thanks. I'll put up some before & afters once the floor is in and the downstairs is painted. I'm hoping to paint next Sat and Sunday, then I can connect the Kessil to the wall like I did here to be the correct height for the 40g.

JUST made it! I open the door to the townhouse take one step and I can see the water in the Brute is right at the top, even with the top ledge. Of course I run quickly and turn it off. My guesstimate was way off today. I brought my 1 g jug w/ me so I filled it up so I could take it back home here for top off.

So I took out about 8 rocks total between the 3 tanks and they went into the water when it was 72. Little cool yet but there were no corals on them so I'm assuming it'll be ok. I did find one little brittle star who had climbed to the outside of a rock. Hope that little guy is fine.

So I sat on the floor looking at the walls of the living room thinking where I'll put everything. It'll be easier to gauge once the kitchen tavern table and chairs are in the dining room, and the sofa. Luckily, they put outlets everywhere. Can't wait til the walls are painted. I can't stand this grey.

A preview of my Pergo laminate Mtn Walnut.

20160109_221843_zpsxbtlutpw.jpg

20160109_221720_zpsjonnenzv.jpg

See! 7 outlets on an ugly grey wall. Just makes it look dark.

20160109_222332_zps5wuilwne.jpg

20160109_222344_zps2rj7e4m2.jpg

20160109_222353_zpsdelvzvot.jpg

I'll have to change out the ceiling fan for one with a light, you could see how dark it was, only light on in the dining room. I'll be happy when it's completed, will try to paint next Sat and Sun and be done so I can attach the Kessil to the wall, after I'm dead sure where the tank will be. Oooh, just remembered, I'm gonna have to get to Lowes too not only for the paint but for those furniture mover pads you stick under each foot on the furniture so you don't scratch your floor and you can move things around. I'll have one rug under the dining room table, and the other in front of the couch which will have to sit diagonally some way, I don't like straight only angles in the room, makes them too boxy. Unfortunately, I won't have much choice w/ the tavern table.

Just grow what you can...herbs do well in containers. Hell I have a few beds in the yard and well some things grow like crap in the garden but thrive in a pot on the deck.....

My green thumb sucks I guess......

Oh pullllease! I've seen photos of your back yard, Spectra. You're full of crap :) Your thumb and the rest of your fingers are green.

A - this is going to look awesome! I'm so excited for you that things are moving along :) And the flooring looks great! I also love your little patio area. That will be really nice.

Oh pullllease! I've seen photos of your back yard, Spectra. You're full of crap :) Your thumb and the rest of your fingers are green.

A - this is going to look awesome! I'm so excited for you that things are moving along :) And the flooring looks great! I also love your little patio area. That will be really nice.

Well what you saw had trees those are easy to grow :lol: The garden has never really taken off for some reason......oh and if we are talking about weeds I can grow those really good.....

The floor you chose is gorgeous! I like a gray wall but that gray they chose is way too dark! I think a nice light gray would have looked beautiful with the dark floor you chose. Too bad they went so dark with the paint. I never got around to painting my kitchen. It's on my to-do list. I just really dislike painting.

Mom came over and between us both we vacuumed the house, washed the downstairs bathroom, she used vinegar water and washed the outside and inside of cabinets everywhere, the windows inside, the white trim in all the bedrooms along the carpet. We packed up my car and unloaded it. I did the last of the laundry here. Waiting until after I move to come back on Thursday and clean the bathroom upstairs, the kitchen floor and kitchen pantry floor.

Tomorrow is closing at 1pm. I'll leave work at 11:30, have to go to bank to get cashier's check and head out. Then head back to work. After work will take freezer items to house, things I know I won't use in fridge, and clean the fridge here. I've hit the point I know I'm not going to cook M-Wed here so gonna take all that I can. Wed after the floor is in, after work I'll take some other items over and prepare the 20 & 34 for transport. Movers on Thursday. So glad this week is finally here. :P

Mom came over and between us both we vacuumed the house, washed the downstairs bathroom, she used vinegar water and washed the outside and inside of cabinets everywhere, the windows inside, the white trim in all the bedrooms along the carpet.

Hah! That's how I clean when moving into a new place too! EVERYTHING possible gets wiped down!

Hah! That's how I clean when moving into a new place too! EVERYTHING possible gets wiped down!

That was the old place. Luckily, found out they're replacing the carpet so I don't need to wash it, taking off the shower doors so I didn't clean them, and I'm pretty sure they're replacing the fridge too. So one more thing I don't have to clean. So, at this point, only bathroom & floor and kitchen floor need to be washed.

I'm done! I closed on my town home today! I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Too tired to even go over. And it's only 8:00 and thoughts of a cup of hot chocolate and early bed time sound reaaally good.

The duplex here is looking barren. I've boxed up, put away, sold off items of many memories. I've taken 10 car loads over and I move with the truck on Thursday. I start over 3 miles away. New memories, new friends, here comes 2016. I have a feeling it's going to be an excellent year!!!

That was the old place. Luckily, found out they're replacing the carpet so I don't need to wash it, taking off the shower doors so I didn't clean them, and I'm pretty sure they're replacing the fridge too. So one more thing I don't have to clean. So, at this point, only bathroom & floor and kitchen floor need to be washed.

I'm done! I closed on my town home today! I'm physically and mentally exhausted. Too tired to even go over. And it's only 8:00 and thoughts of a cup of hot chocolate and early bed time sound reaaally good.

The duplex here is looking barren. I've boxed up, put away, sold off items of many memories. I've taken 10 car loads over and I move with the truck on Thursday. I start over 3 miles away. New memories, new friends, here comes 2016. I have a feeling it's going to be an excellent year!!!

Congrats!!!! :happydance:

I'm so happy for you, Annette :). Looking forward to seeing you all settled in!!!! Oh and I shipped out your calendar today.

Thank You everyone! I started this saltwater journey w/ that little 8 g tank in Feb 2012 here, then the 20 & 34 and the 60. Previously it was reefing getting me through the day, happily wanting to learn about husbandry of all these wonderful fish, clams, corals, invertebrates as I tried to move past my husband's passing.

Though brought on by the economy and I don't like feeling like this stage of my life was pushed onto me, nevertheless, my move was, whether I liked it or not and I all of you have been so supportive while I'm having to say goodbye to this location that housed beautiful, loving memories. Now I'm sure I'll meet new friends there and this time, instead of reefing to help me get by, I might be able to share it with new friends. Maybe someone reefs there and we haven't met yet. Maybe I'll just meet someone, period, of the male persuasion.

While I love my dog, I wanna be loved again, don't know that I could ever get married again, but having a new place may help me along in that adventure as well.

I have one Brute sitting at 80 right now. Going to the house again tomorrow to make some more water and cover it too with the lid after it's been salted. I don't have another pump but I can put it in that one while I unpack some things into the fridge and freeze, bring some clothes over that I don't need. And of course, whatever I can bring that can fit somewhere other than the living and dining.

Ha, I did take the one drawer in the kitchen that I believe every culture has, the dump it drawer, save it for later drawer, don't throw that receipt away drawer, and dumped it into a box. To be looked through one cold evening at the new home.

All I have left to do is turn off cable here and turn on at the town house Thursday. Unfortunately, they're different counties and they're different providers. Almost there. Gonna a be a busy 2 days before the move on Thursday.

Archived