Innovative Marine Aquariums

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I got the disclosure stmt, esigned and I get the key tomorrow at a cost of $20 per day to the seller as I'm getting in prior to closing which has now been guesstimated to be Thurs 1/7 which means flooring can't be installed the 6th! and I'm paying $140 more and paying utilities since the orig closing date of 12/18. Yey, another phone call tomorrow to Lowes. And water company wouldn't let me close the acct, though they let me put it in my name after my spouse died, because I couldn't provide the last 4 of his social over the phone. So I have to go in person or call tomorrow. Luckily, I had it nearby at home because I needed IRS info but it's ridiculous. Can't move yet, don't know what date to put that as. Originally I would have had a weeks time to move, and paint the living and dining before bringing aquariums in. Now it's going to be an all at once mostly thing. I want this year to be over and I'm not enjoying how the the year is beginning. I'm not a dramatic person and this is too much drama for me.

I know it's rough. Hang in there.

Thanks, I know I should try to count my blessings and I know it's a no money down loan but this really has put me in a foul mood going into the new year, not what I wanted for myself or anyone else hearing me bitch, like my friends at home & NR, parents, work, etc. They know I'm always the calm, contained, chilled out probably too much for her own good kinda person. I know there's nothing I can do but the more I try to not get worked up & let go, it comes back more so. I could understand a day or 2 but I've been dealing with this since 12/18 closing. I even keep putting off water change as I know I'll be changing the majority of the water in the tanks. Now, when I wanted to slowly bring in the 3 tanks over a week, now it'll be all at once. I'm gonna shut up now cuz no one needs to hear me anymore.

So it was increased to $30 per day for me to have early occupancy but my realtor said he'll pay like half of it since I had the utilities on since the 18th because it kept getting pushed back (he's a friend of mine). AND SO I GOT THESE TODAY at 2pm. And my landlady got back to me, they'll also charge me $30 a day for the 10 days I'll be here. Flooring delivery on Wed the 6th and closing and floor install on Fri the 8th. Move on Saturday w/ truck for the heavy things. Yey!!

20160101_143852_zpsadik8azp.jpg

Neighbors to my right are married, either later 20s or early 30s, have a 7 mos old baby and a Yorkie.

The one to the left may be single. The one to the left of him had been there like 6 mos and told my realtor they love it there when he asked. I think the other is married as there's a child's bike outside. SO, it'll be nice to be around young people. The driveways on that side only fit one car so people are mostly going to be single or only be a 1 car family. All those are only 2 bedroom.

So, I took 2 trips to bring things immediately into one bedroom closet upstairs and the linen closet. Cut down the boxes and brought back for my neighbor who will be finding a condo in 3-4 mos. Tomorrow my mom and I will each stuff our cars and put away things in the kitchen and anything else small for upstairs. And will bring toilet paper and papertowels.

Not sure if I'm asking for Fri off or not for closing. It's only like 1.5 hrs or something but it would be a good day for me to pack up the tanks. Can't do anything w/ bringing tanks before that as when they pull up the carpet downstairs there could be lots of crap in the air and don't know what junk or odors come from Pergo, but it will be a nice walnut. All the tanks will be in the living room. I'm feeling good about things, and hey, no expletives from me!!

It does! And even better knowing that I already have social, nice neighbors, not creepy people that keep to themselves. So little by little. I think the best way I can bring some of the tanks over is a bucket and rocks and like 2/3 warm water full. Then bring it to the apt, put it in a bin and keep going. I'm not going to take corals off of rocks that are already attached, will be too much stress I think and then they'll get the egg crate top and the kessil put over it. Except Gertie will be in her own bucket w/ the royal gramma, her tank should only take 2 buckets.

I'll make water Thurs at the town home after work in one 30g brute, salt it and heat it and put a lid on as I can't imagine the mess the carpet will make. Fri they'll do the floor. I can come at one point with the other brute and start filling it with water. I still have to clean Gertie's new bag of crushed coral here at the duplex. Sat the day of the move will be the warmest all week at 56. I may ask to have the movers not come until 10 so if the floor people still have a couple hrs they need to finish up it won't impact the move.

SWEET glad to hear things are coming around for you!

Once the floor is in post some pics I am waiting to see what it looks like.

Hurray!!!

I'm so happy for you that things are starting to come together. :)

I'm hoping I get good news in regards to my move tomorrow. NCSU is paying for my move, but their accounting office has been closed over the holidays. Been trying to get in touch with the moving company (which has been closed over New Year's) to see if they can go ahead and move us next week as planned with us paying (and I'll get NCSU to reimburse us later). Our plan is for the moving company to load the truck Monday. They'll drive down Tuesday. Unload Wednesday.

SWEET glad to hear things are coming around for you!

Once the floor is in post some pics I am waiting to see what it looks like.

You bet I will, it's not like the thin oak, it's wider. I can't wait.

MountainRidgeWalnut_zpselwlpg0v.jpg

Hurray!!!

I'm so happy for you that things are starting to come together. :)

I'm hoping I get good news in regards to my move tomorrow. NCSU is paying for my move, but their accounting office has been closed over the holidays. Been trying to get in touch with the moving company (which has been closed over New Year's) to see if they can go ahead and move us next week as planned with us paying (and I'll get NCSU to reimburse us later). Our plan is for the moving company to load the truck Monday. They'll drive down Tuesday. Unload Wednesday.

Oh, so awesome they are paying for your move!!! That's a load off. Wow. That's wonderful because I'll be paying like 500 for 3 men and a truck to go 2 miles and be done in 3 hrs. Luckily, I just met my neighbor and he's a district manager here for Mayflower and he says they'll be cheaper so I'll get a quote from him on Monday. I'm so excited for your move!!! You're getting out of the nasty weather before it hits the midwest all winter long. What a relief!

It does! And even better knowing that I already have social, nice neighbors, not creepy people that keep to themselves.

Hah... That's me, the creepy neighbor that keeps to themself. But at least I think I'm nice, and I do say hello. ;)

So glad you finally have keys in hand!!

Thank You. I brought over 2 carloads myself Fri then mom & I brought over 4 carloads yesterday. I can't bring anything over that would go downstairs as the flooring gets delivered Wed and installed on Fri, same day as closing, then Sat is truck moving of big things. It's going to be one busy week. I'm going to have to make water but I'm not going to be able to make enough, I can't let it run while I'm gone at work. This will be interesting. The buckets I need to carry the rocks & rocks w/ corals and Gertie and her fishy friend. I'm really gonna have to pack up everything else I can before Wed so Wed onward I'm only thinking of fish.

I have been getting your thread thru my phone and keeping up with what has been going on with your move. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers. I am very excited and happy for you that it is all coming together. I really cant wait to see your tanks all set up and you settled. You will have peace in your life like never before after the last few weeks you have had!

Thank you, that last statement will probably really hold true. And I believe seeing young people around me will help, to me if you're under 44 I'm considering you young. I'll be 45 here soon on 1/15 and meeting new people in this complex will be good for me. Meeting some new people in their 30s & 40s will be good for me. Maybe Tues I can bring my dog over after work, so he can see some of mommy's things in the new home and help him understand this is where he'll be. He's never been in a different home so I'm curious how he'll do. I know it'll hit me when I close the door here the last time on Sunday, closing the door on a very loving time in my life.

I boxed up some cds & dvds in small boxes, just made the realization that for now I can hide them under the first floor half bath sink. I was looking to see where I could put some things while the floor is being done downstairs so I have less to move on moving day.

My biggest concern is having the corals and fish & all in buckets/bins while 2 of the tanks have to become cycled again. Made me realize I'm going to have to make sure my little koralias are clean as it'll be the only motion in the bins. Because they have to cycle that is my biggest worry, things making it until then. The Kessil over the biggest bin can sit on the crate on lower light since it'll be sitting right on top.

At least the 10g should be easy. Lower the water enough and only have maybe 1/6 water in there. Put half water into a bucket and put some new heated water in the bucket. Bring it over in my car, set it down on my side table , fill it back up & plug in. So it's really just Gertie's 20g and the 34 I'm concerned with.

I recently set up a little 10 gallon in my bedroom. I used live sand and a cup of sand from my 20L. I used live rock from a LFS and water change water from my 20L to set it up. I had to use some fresh made water as well. It never cycled. I tested and it never did. So maybe you wont have much of a cycle to the new tanks you set up. I mean... what is the difference if you place everything in a rubbermaid tote that has not cycled or a tank. They both would have a mini cycle I guess. If you are using that much established stuff from your tanks when you break them down it might be fine to just put them up at the new place. Just a thought. Very excited for you with all your new plans and move. I pray your dog will make the transition well. Sometimes animals suprise us and do better than we think!

I'm hoping for short cycle. Only new sand in Gertie's 20 and the 34 which turns into a 40. For the 40 I'll only have some rock to seed it, those would be just the pieces of rock that have no corals on them from Gert's tank or the 10g. I'm using a different substrate for the 40. We'll see how it goes. I'll keep my kit out. I have many 5g buckets but those buckets have to house the corals since they'll be easiest to lift one by one. I'll buy 2 bins just in case.

Wow! So much to plan and think about! What a time to look back at in a few weeks! Praying all goes well for your move.

Thank You Mom2many. I never moved tanks and while it's not the distance that concerns me it's keeping stuff going while it's in bins for a while.

I don't have any and guess what??? closing changed from Fri to Mon so movers changed from Saturday to next Thurs because after I had to cancel the floor installers 4x they now can't install until Wednesday. And then Fri is my b-day which I took off anyway. I'm still not convinced about Monday because they didn't give me a time.

Grrrr...I am getting frustrated for you and I am not even going thru it all! I am so sorry. Try and hang in there... it is almost all over and done with. I know it is hard to plan when you cant get any true information and dates from people. Bless your heart! I will be praying for you.

Grrrr...I am getting frustrated for you and I am not even going thru it all! I am so sorry. Try and hang in there... it is almost all over and done with. I know it is hard to plan when you cant get any true information and dates from people. Bless your heart! I will be praying for you.

Finally, I received this email from my realtor's mortgage person at 6:07pm today.

"We have received final approval from USDA!!! J

They're shooting for Mon but may be Tues. I rescheduled for the last time, the flooring people for Wed, the truck move Thurs. So I'll be off Thursday and then Fri it's my birthday, which I also took off. I hope I'm not too exhausted to party. Going to go to a local brewery's taproom restaurant and I just want to enjoy some food paired with beers and not be tired after a beer. Normally if I drink at my friend's house I will drink like 7-9 bottles, all the while standing, smiling, being talkative. I like beer, I can't do the girly drinks, too sweet. So, I'll be tearing down the tanks Wednesday.

Archived