Pod Your Reef

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, end of season here so people finishing up before it gets cold to move.

The seller approved after they countered, I countered, they countered. It's a seller's market out here.

SO....I own a town home now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I checked my bp yesterday, it was 154/102. Checked before I left my mother's home, it was 127/90. Yeah, stress makes one hell of a difference and playing with my niece Olivia & nephew Olson helped too.

It won't be up long so I'll post the listing before it's gone. I will be replacing the main floor (which is LR, half bath & kitchen) w/ Pergo laminate for the living room, probably the same color as the kitchen cabinets, unless I find one that combines light and dark as I love dark. I'll be placing some of that awesome peel & stick vinyl backsplash in the kitchen. The patio stinks. I'll be painting the living room tan I think but the burgandy wall will stay.

And, the best news of all. My payment with HOA fees will still total 107 less than my rent right now that I've had to pay since Oct. That's substantial. I opened a small bottle of Maker's Mark that my husband Don had told me to save for a special occasion. It was bittersweet but it was opened tonight.

http://www.beverly-hanks.com/search/detail/85-Old-Salem-Court-Fletcher-NC-28732/3126524

Hurray! I'm so happy for you! You have had so many ups and downs with this whole house hunting process!

My fingers are crossed for you that all the inspections go thru with flying colors.

Thank You!. I can't stand the patio though. The other one that I didn't win had grass which led to a forested area w/ a little stream. This is just bushes to an enbankment and then you see the back of the other town homes. I'm not thrilled w/ that part at all. Not much a place to take Hagen at all. I'm gonna have to find out where I'm supposed to walk him.

Plenty of outlets everywhere for tanks! Not sure if I want to tan for the wall or grey like the kitchen to keep the continuity going.

It's 2005 built. I'm hoping inspection is no problem.

it always suck when you see something better but couldn't have it. if you never saw the other patio, you will probably think this one is adequate =).

True, the other one was built by same contractor, exact same sq footage, 1170 but the other had a nice fireplace too and dark wood cabinets. But you're right, always something more you want. The former was 2007 built, this one is 2005.

This place looks really pretty! I'm glad your offer gets accepted at a lower cost! Just make sure you replace the receptacles with a GFCI before you plug your tanks in! Safety first, aquariums second.

This place looks really pretty! I'm glad your offer gets accepted at a lower cost! Just make sure you replace the receptacles with a GFCI before you plug your tanks in! Safety first, aquariums second.

i bought a GCFI powerstrip instead...although I should have just replaced the receptable...sigh

Thank You everybody. 2BR, 2BA, smaller but it's mine. Yeah, I was using a GCFI plug in wall thingy downstairs in my 60g. The place I'm in now is older than the one I've purchased and the upstairs is fine. Will need to check this place.

I had my first home w/ my first husband but that marriage didn't work out. For one, he didn't want to fix anything in the house. At one point there were 2 leaks in the roof every time it rained. He wouldn't stop being a child by buying matchbox cars, cds & dvds and I eventually left him. Yeah, so I know it's always something, previously had a log home. At least this home is only 10 yrs old and the association will take care of some things outside. I will be finding out of course what they'll actually be taking care of once closing occurs, which at this moment appears to be 12/18, a Friday.

Appraisal and inspection will be next week. I need to find out from my realtor if it will be alright for Lowes to come out & do some floor measurements during the inspection so it can be ordered? I better ask tomorrow. Year is running out of time and I need to see if they can get in there on the Sat the 19th and then Mon- Wed, the 21st-23rd to put floor down. Running out of time for the year so I need to be able to get someone in there so I can move then.

Yeah, guess I should have clarified. It's just my own personal home I've bought just myself, with no one else.

Paid for the appraisal today on credit card. YUCK! Next Mon & Tues the appraisal and inspection happen. My mother will be there for the inspection and floor measurements will be taken for some laminate flooring for the entrance way, dining and living room. I think I've decided on a beige or tan for the living room color. I currently live in a light yellow living room and the bedroom is light green like StellaBlue's kitchen. So...I need a different color. With a burgandy accent wall I figured that would be nice, or maybe it would be too much brown? Hmmmm. SteLLAAAAA!!!!! Need wall color help. I'm thinking dark brown laminate floor. Thoughts? What are some complimentary colors with brown and burgandy. I know that yellow or sage would go too but was just thinking something different.

home5_zpsmgpnn7ku.jpg

home2_zpsuatbl0nd.jpg

I'm soo happy you've found your home! :omg:

My roommate is currently suffering the same seller's market woes. He was all set to buy a place and got outbid as well. He's been bouncing all over the valley since then. I hear him grumbling every day. I always say the same thing back to him... hurry up and make that $150k purchase so I can set up my new aquarium in it!

Edit: I suck at color choices

problem is there is like 100s of tan / beige when you go to the store...hahahah

I know I know!!! I don't want it spray tan color or the color of a cardboard box, don't want it creamy either.

I'm soo happy you've found your home! :omg:

My roommate is currently suffering the same seller's market woes. He was all set to buy a place and got outbid as well. He's been bouncing all over the valley since then. I hear him grumbling every day. I always say the same thing back to him... hurry up and make that $150k purchase so I can set up my new aquarium in it!

Edit: I suck at color choices

Yeah, I had 2 I was looking at, it's like this one offers $500 more and sold! And day by day you'd see them drop off the listings quickly, snatched up. The one I wanted was from the same builder, different subdivision, just 2 yrs younger and had a more spacious porch that looked out to vast grass and forest and had a fireplace. : (

I agree with Gena, go with lighter walls with the dark floor. Here is some inspiration for you:

dark-floors.-white-trim.-warm-walls..jpg

I think you will want to repaint that accent wall too. That burgundy is pretty muddy. I'd go with a red with a little more warmth and pop. I found something like this, though IDK if it is too orange for your taste:

living-room-paint-ideas-with-accent-wall

And alternative would be to take some more inspiration for Gena... That lovely turquoise color of the stand for her Pastel Garden could inspire the accent wall:

awesome-modern-dining-and-living-room-wi

Archived