Cultivated Reef

Ninja's 12g PicO S III ~ Tank Leaking Taking it Down ~

ninjamyst

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

may as well since the cost of living is creeping up to cali level

Cali housing is ridiculous. For what a 5 bedroom would cost anywhere else you'll barley get a 3 bedroom here and it will be small haha.

San Francisco > all.

You gotta come with straight cash though if you're buying anything under a few mill.

$2.7-3.5k/month is average for a 1 bedroom rental. We offered to pay full year in cash and still got turned down. The current place we are renting, we are paying over the asking price.

There were lines out the door for open houses, for rentals.

Cameron6796

Cali housing is ridiculous. For what a 5 bedroom would cost anywhere else you'll barley get a 3 bedroom here and it will be small haha.

Come to freaking Canada... If I sold my house I could get a 5000sqft house somewhere in the states....

San Francisco > all.

You gotta come with straight cash though if you're buying anything under a few mill.

$2.7-3.5k/month is average for a 1 bedroom rental. We offered to pay full year in cash and still got turned down. The current place we are renting, we are paying over the asking price.

There were lines out the door for open houses, for rentals.

Sounds about right! i think the only place that would be more expensive than SF would be NYC. Seriously ridiculous. BUT if we are talking about Cali...... Socal > Norcal ANYDAY!!

Sounds about right! i think the only place that would be more expensive than SF would be NYC. Seriously ridiculous. BUT if we are talking about Cali...... Socal > Norcal ANYDAY!!

lol SoCal is miserable. And I've never met one person from LA who liked LA.

The thing with NYC is you get those ridiculous 20+ million dollar condos, but there are also a lot of cheaper options. In San Francisco, everything is over a million. We don't really have the super crazy expensive places, just everything is expensive.

And NYC you can commute in from cheaper areas, where San Francisco is expensive from SF down to Palo Alto, the peninsula doesn't get any cheaper.

The thing with NYC is you get those ridiculous 20+ million dollar condos, but there are also a lot of cheaper options. In San Francisco, everything is over a million. We don't really have the super crazy expensive places, just everything is expensive.

And NYC you can commute in from cheaper areas, where San Francisco is expensive from SF down to Palo Alto, the peninsula doesn't get any cheaper.

My sister was smart. She bought a brand new single family in Hayward, CA last year, very close to the bridge, for only $600k. 2 stories with 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and attached 2 car garage and all brand new finishes / appliances / hardwood floor in a gated community. Her house is now worth $750k easy. But she's like 40 mins from SF across the bay.

My sister was smart. She bought a brand new single family in Hayward, CA last year, very close to the bridge, for only $600k. 2 stories with 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths and attached 2 car garage and all brand new finishes / appliances / hardwood floor in a gated community. Her house is now worth $750k easy. But she's like 40 mins from SF across the bay.

Yea, the east bay has hot weather though. Usually like a 10-15 degree difference when you cross the bridge. Unless you like the heat, then it's great haha. But I like my typical 65-70 :)

And you have the "stigma" of living in the east bay if you care about appearances lol

Socal is not limited to LA haha we have Malibu, Sherman Oaks, San Diego. Orange county. I guess each person has his/her own opinion which is better hahah i found SF to be crowded for my taste but i did love the amazing hills and architecture of SF.

Move in with your sister HAHA

$2.7-3.5k/month is average for a 1 bedroom rental.

F**k that!! I though $800 was a lot for my one bedroom!!

Ninja, sounds like you need to consider becoming a commuter!!

$2.7-3.5k/month is average for a 1 bedroom rental.

I may as well. People are asking $600k for a nice single family in a shitty neighborhood in Chicago. I can't afford that plus all the moving expenses, new furnitures, property tax, higher utilities, etc. It's crazy!

I may as well. People are asking $600k for a nice single family in a shitty neighborhood in Chicago. I can't afford that plus all the moving expenses, new furnitures, property tax, higher utilities, etc. It's crazy!

that'd get you a 5 bedroom newer home in the southeast with cash to spare as long as your not in a "bigger" city and don't mind commuting 30-45 mins in. Problems with southeast include unbearable heat/humidity, insects the size of your fists, and lack of job market unless living within close proximity to a larger city. I always wonder where people are working when i see a development 2 hrs away from any city with nothing but farm land and forest around them.

Yea, the east bay has hot weather though. Usually like a 10-15 degree difference when you cross the bridge. Unless you like the heat, then it's great haha. But I like my typical 65-70 :)

And you have the "stigma" of living in the east bay if you care about appearances lol

you were in DC before right? that 65-70 must be nice, i was golfing in 96* 80% humidity today. got that hungover feeling from dehydration still and thats with drinking 2 big ass things of gatorade and a few bottles of water while playing. I mean im a good distance out of DC but the weather there is typically the same as ours only delayed by a couple hours heh.

that'd get you a 5 bedroom newer home in the southeast with cash to spare as long as your not in a "bigger" city and don't mind commuting 30-45 mins in. Problems with southeast include unbearable heat/humidity, insects the size of your fists, and lack of job market unless living within close proximity to a larger city. I always wonder where people are working when i see a development 2 hrs away from any city with nothing but farm land and forest around them.

The south is out because wife has bug phobias and hate the heat. I hate Chicago; she loves it. Happy wife = happy life...

Wouldn't be a kitten invasion without some pic!

19507999453_0ce74aa6c9.jpg

Manbearfish

The south is out because wife has bug phobias and hate the heat. I hate Chicago; she loves it. Happy wife = happy life...

Wouldn't be a kitten invasion without some pic!

19507999453_0ce74aa6c9.jpg

I can't stand it here either, I'd love to move out west to like Denver or Boulder after I finish school up. Property up on the North Side isn't horrible, I live near the northern border of the city and it's pretty nice, you could even look for something in Lincolnwood and be just outside the city, right near the expressway or the brown line if you needed it as well.

I can't stand it here either, I'd love to move out west to like Denver or Boulder after I finish school up. Property up on the North Side isn't horrible, I live near the northern border of the city and it's pretty nice, you could even look for something in Lincolnwood and be just outside the city, right near the expressway or the brown line if you needed it as well.

both houses we got outbid are on the north side...one in Norwood Park and one in Jefferson Park. The high cost in the city is pushing everyone up to the North side. I grew up in Edgebrook, next to Lincolnwood, and loved it. Edgebrook is pricey as hell now though.

you were in DC before right? that 65-70 must be nice, i was golfing in 96* 80% humidity today. got that hungover feeling from dehydration still and thats with drinking 2 big ass things of gatorade and a few bottles of water while playing. I mean im a good distance out of DC but the weather there is typically the same as ours only delayed by a couple hours heh.

DC was brutal. Lived there for 3 years after college.

Manbearfish

both houses we got outbid are on the north side...one in Norwood Park and one in Jefferson Park. The high cost in the city is pushing everyone up to the North side. I grew up in Edgebrook, next to Lincolnwood, and loved it. Edgebrook is pricey as hell now though.

What about like Evanston?

I like SoCal but you can add me to that list. Lived in LA for 4 years. I go down for work but I do not miss living there one bit. SF prices are out of control.

I'm from CT originally. I don't think I can go back to the summers there. The humidity was brutal.

Anyway, I came in here to ask what you're thinking for a replacement tank Ninja

Add me to the hate LA list LOL. Granted there's never a dull moment, but it's way too crowded.

Love the kitten invasion :wub:. How are they doing? Settling in? For me, already having 3 dogs would just make me say, what's the harm in just adding two more kittens to the mix :D. Yesterday my husband was holding Nicky and my son had Nora. I said we need another one for me :). So we all can cuddle a kitty at the same time!

I like SoCal but you can add me to that list. Lived in LA for 4 years. I go down for work but I do not miss living there one bit. SF prices are out of control.

I'm from CT originally. I don't think I can go back to the summers there. The humidity was brutal.

Anyway, I came in here to ask what you're thinking for a replacement tank Ninja

I can't decide between the Deep Blue 34g or the Deep Blue 80g shallow. I really wish CADLight still offered the 45g shallow or 50g long. I rather purchase an entire setup from CADLight than piece meal together a Deep Blue. But who knows when we will find a new house to put the new tank in.

Add me to the hate LA list LOL. Granted there's never a dull moment, but it's way too crowded.

Love the kitten invasion :wub:. How are they doing? Settling in? For me, already having 3 dogs would just make me say, what's the harm in just adding two more kittens to the mix :D. Yesterday my husband was holding Nicky and my son had Nora. I said we need another one for me :). So we all can cuddle a kitty at the same time!

They are so mischievous but so cute too. The boy is really friendly but the girl is still skittish around us. They are small enough to crawl under the couch where it's dusty and dirty. The girl crawled behind the dishwasher the other night and it was quite a scare for us. We were afraid there are holes in the dry wall she can crawl into. The boy has a puncture wound on his neck from when he was in the alley that started to drain out pus so he's under medication and constant cleaning. They are a little bit of work, but my wife keeps asking if we can keep them =P.

I can't decide between the Deep Blue 34g or the Deep Blue 80g shallow. I really wish CADLight still offered the 45g shallow or 50g long. I rather purchase an entire setup from CADLight than piece meal together a Deep Blue. But who knows when we will find a new house to put the new tank in.

They are so mischievous but so cute too. The boy is really friendly but the girl is still skittish around us. They are small enough to crawl under the couch where it's dusty and dirty. The girl crawled behind the dishwasher the other night and it was quite a scare for us. We were afraid there are holes in the dry wall she can crawl into. The boy has a puncture wound on his neck from when he was in the alley that started to drain out pus so he's under medication and constant cleaning. They are a little bit of work, but my wife keeps asking if we can keep them =P.

You HAVE to keep them! They are your destiny :D. I remember you saying just a couple weeks ago that you wanted to get a kitten!!!! Hate to say it, but boy cats are way better than girl cats. I think the girls are just uptight and boys are more laid back. That's been my experience with them :).

Hey...happy wife, happy life right? (keep the kitties) LOL.

Archived