SaltCritters.com

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

I did get my hair cut recently, thank you very much :P

And I highly doubt it will kill any weeds, those bastards just don't die.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bens hair was only a tad longer than mine. Now I have a a 1" tall faux-hawk.

How long before you add that rock to the tank?

jedimasterben

I have this too! I figured it was a sponge of some sort.

Maybe, but mine is hard. Maybe a calcifying sponge, if there is such a thing? :)

Bens hair was only a tad longer than mine. Now I have a a 1" tall faux-hawk.

How long before you add that rock to the tank?

Until it dries, should be about done now.

jedimasterben

Put most of the rock in. I put a lot in the display, and almost all the rest into the sump to get it nice and bacteria...y. A bit of the KPA rock will be coming out of the display and put into the display fuge and into the 30g tank eventually, for not not sure where to stick them so the coralline doesn't die :wacko:

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg

IMG_6563.jpg

Here is the long-awaited pic of satan.... and it's, of course, a really shitty pic. Go me!

IMG_6567.jpg

The brain coral from Reefgardener, finally starting to puff up :)

IMG_6573.jpg

This conch is doing his damnedest to clean my rocks :)

IMG_6552.jpg

But he'll be having some backup coming Tuesday from LiveAquaria.

Ctenochaetus truncatus

_cfimg4740237835373234657.jpg

Siganus doliatus

_cfimg-7798421298258516309.jpg

Pinnogorgia flava

_cfimg3415532584386064036.jpg

I had another trio of money cowries in my cart, but I was waiting on a Paypal payment to come in and by the time it did, they were sold :angry:

jedimasterben

I have no clue yet. Wife said the box was here, but her car died yesterday and was towed a couple of hours away to the dealership this morning. They've been giving us the runaround and said that the work would be done tomorrow, and she could come and pick up a rental car if she needed one, no charge. Ugh, Mini.

jedimasterben

Fishies are ok!

Rabbitfish is showing its normal coloration after a couple of hours in the tank now.

IMG_6575.jpg

The tang is beautiful and WITTLE BITTY

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

Two different lights hitting it :)

IMG_6596.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6602.jpg

Thats awesome. Glad to hear they are well they look awesome. I have never ordered a fish before online. If only there was a divers den equivalent in Canada...

jedimasterben

The tang is actively zooming around the tank and pecking at the rocks already :)

The rabbitfish is still not all that thrilled, but the previous two that I had took a few weeks to come around.

Thats awesome. Glad to hear they are well they look awesome. I have never ordered a fish before online. If only there was a divers den equivalent in Canada...

I've ordered only twice and I get very anxious each time. I'm not sure who is more stressed, the fish in the box or me waiting for the box and worrying like mad about it.

I've ordered only twice and I get very anxious each time. I'm not sure who is more stressed, the fish in the box or me waiting for the box and worrying like mad about it.

Ha exactly. I am 100% more stressed than the fish from the store, on the way home, into the QT tank, out of the quarantine tank, things settle down around the 2 week in the display mark. Generally speaking I can tell my stress level by: rapid breathing, pacing around, hanging out near the surface of the tank or near the glass squinting at the fish...

Nanofreak79
Fishies are ok!

Rabbitfish is showing its normal coloration after a couple of hours in the tank now.

IMG_6575.jpg

The tang is beautiful and WITTLE BITTY

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

Two different lights hitting it :)

IMG_6596.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6602.jpg

Lovin the fish selection.

Ha exactly. I am 100% more stressed than the fish from the store, on the way home, into the QT tank, out of the quarantine tank, things settle down around the 2 week in the display mark. Generally speaking I can tell my stress level by: rapid breathing, pacing around, hanging out near the surface of the tank or near the glass squinting at the fish...

what about midnight stalking?

jedimasterben

Aww poor mantis.... MURDERER!! :furious:

Hey, if I would have known he was there I wouldn't have tried to melt him! :P

The new fish are beautiful though :)

:)

I like the new fishies! I wish I could have a tang. :(

Why can't you?

jedimasterben

So I was standing next to my tank a couple of minutes ago, and all of a sudden the drain started making a stupid amount of noise, water falling noise. Oy.

Archived