Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Believe it or not I owned a massage business. $40 an hour doesn't cover bills payroll taxes ect. Or the person givin the massage is making slave wages especially in New York.

Oh I need therapy now :lol: The thought of Sancho giving a massage..........................

• Like 1

AND! If you book your next massage at the massage, they'll give it to you for $35. omgomgomg

The economy stinks. Massage at cost is better than no massage and no payment received.

I have a Korean place that does 60 minutes for $50. I found another therapist for $45, she works out of her home and is amazing but very busy.

It's a black friday special! And the place is a chain operation, Massage Renu. It's legit, mildly upscale, clean and hygienic. They even offer you tea in the waiting room.

i hope you tipped that person is making shit wages , surprised they didn't sell you on some contract.

Hope your shoulder is healing well. How was the metal detector?

Thank you! Yes I am healing fast! I removed my sling - I would have to wait around for the wand so I just figured I'd remove it and go through the regular way.

• Like 1

Oh I need therapy now :lol: The thought of Sancho giving a massage..........................

my ex wife and employees did the rubbin I just made sure it was profitable and ran smoothly :)
  • Like 2

Believe it or not I owned a massage business. $40 an hour doesn't cover bills payroll taxes ect. Or the person givin the massage is making slave wages especially in New York.

you have had the most interesting past! Sharks, stingrays, massage business. Love it.

• Like 1

Got a water change planned for today, but first a big breakfast for everybody then we go to school, my nephew is in a play.

Gave Bogi his fluids, he was NOT happy. He's been meowing all morning, the family is laughing because it's for my benefit and apparently this cat was mute when I was away. :rolleyes:

He just wanted to be picked up and cuddled. I've put him to bed, he's sleeping, what's wrong with cuddles!

o3uzn.jpg

• Like 3

So your vacation got me thinking about the stress that vacations cause us reef enthusiasts. It's tough to find someone with enough experience, who you can trust to look after things while you're away. If there's an emergency, they're not likely to know what to do to prevent disaster. Even if there is no emergency, they're probably not going to notice little things that might be reason for concern.

So what if you could utilize the experience and expertise of the reefing community as resource when you go on vacation. So I'm thinking, you set up a remote, web-based tank-sitting platform. Check it out. You invest $100 or so on one of those nanny-cams, and you set up a live feed that's open and available to the lovely people on a site like this. They can watch things for you, and if they notice something wrong (a fish dies, or a piece of coral falls, or a pump stops, etc.), and they can report it on the forum, along with their suggestion/recommendation on how to fix. Your (inexperienced) tank-sitter simply logs in and checks the page to see if anyone has raised an alarm, and if they have, they already have instructions on what to do. If it's more complicated than that, they have a forum to ask for help. You could even offer a paid version, where a hired professional regularly checks your feed, and reports in to the tank-sitter.

I think that a community like this would actually enjoy the responsibility (and maybe the opportunity to be slightly voyeuristic!).

• Like 2

Suicidal snail is suicidal

20151122_111601.jpg

Haha mine do that all the time. Look at those colors on the waterline. Must resist selling the radion G3

Pro and upgrading to a hybrid...

• Like 1

So your vacation got me thinking about the stress that vacations cause us reef enthusiasts. It's tough to find someone with enough experience, who you can trust to look after things while you're away. If there's an emergency, they're not likely to know what to do to prevent disaster. Even if there is no emergency, they're probably not going to notice little things that might be reason for concern.

So what if you could utilize the experience and expertise of the reefing community as resource when you go on vacation. So I'm thinking, you set up a remote, web-based tank-sitting platform. Check it out. You invest $100 or so on one of those nanny-cams, and you set up a live feed that's open and available to the lovely people on a site like this. They can watch things for you, and if they notice something wrong (a fish dies, or a piece of coral falls, or a pump stops, etc.), and they can report it on the forum, along with their suggestion/recommendation on how to fix. Your (inexperienced) tank-sitter simply logs in and checks the page to see if anyone has raised an alarm, and if they have, they already have instructions on what to do. If it's more complicated than that, they have a forum to ask for help. You could even offer a paid version, where a hired professional regularly checks your feed, and reports in to the tank-sitter.

I think that a community like this would actually enjoy the responsibility (and maybe the opportunity to be slightly voyeuristic!).

The idea has some merit, the subscription could come with a couple of nest cams rented out for the duration of the vacation. Live feed to some watchful people. Reef solutions might be able to help with this.

Haha mine do that all the time. Look at those colors on the waterline. Must resist selling the radion G3

Pro and upgrading to a hybrid...

Ha ha. Do it.
  • Like 1
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

^ I like the theory. Not sure how well it could work... but I'd totally trust you guys tank sitting for me.

I couldn't agree more. :)

• Like 1

My local movie theatre is not playing the usual movies Wed, Thu, Friday. I can't for the life of me figure out why! They're showing some kids movies and stuff but not bond or peanuts. That is absurd!

I'm all for closing retail shops on Thanksgiving but I've never not watched a movie on Thanksgiving day so this really irks me.

• Like 2

My local movie theatre is not playing the usual movies Wed, Thu, Friday. I can't for the life of me figure out why! They're showing some kids movies and stuff but not bond or peanuts. That is absurd!

I'm all for closing retail shops on Thanksgiving but I've never not watched a movie on Thanksgiving day so this really irks me.

From what I understand you're probably not missing anything with the Bond moving not playing, hue hue hue. Six aboutt he rest though. I wish I could just go to the movies on TG but I have 2 houses to go to and my B-Day falls on it this year..a few hours worth of driving :(

I have nothing going on, the kids and brother, we go to a restaurant that serves Turkey day meals and have dinner there. The kids aren't into the whole traditional food, and neither is my brother. Some years we have been invited to friends homes, usually older folks we've sort of adopted as pseudo parents. But that's been warm but very boring after a while. So the restaurant works great.

I'm headed out to pick up a coral right now. omgomgomg, let's see what else I fit into my purse.....

• Like 3

I have nothing going on, the kids and brother, we go to a restaurant that serves Turkey day meals and have dinner there. The kids aren't into the whole traditional food, and neither is my brother. Some years we have been invited to friends homes, usually older folks we've sort of adopted as pseudo parents. But that's been warm but very boring after a while. So the restaurant works great.

I'm headed out to pick up a coral right now. omgomgomg, let's see what else I fit into my purse.....

Please tell me you carried your big tote purse :D

:P

So I was asking for suggestions for a pink SPS coral on FB and this happened

Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-11-23%25252

I was like *swoooon* Thud, fell off my computer. So Unique Corals shipped my coral to their Manhattan store.

Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-11-23%25252

Got this text from them "yo"

noname.jpg

And went to pick it up at the store

20151123_141518.jpg

I mean that's just awesome!

AND IT HAS A BABY CRAB ON IT! :wub:

Tank turns 1 year old tomorrow. I'd say this was a perfect present. Pink and all.

• Like 14