Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

So today I went for a massage that I bought as a black friday special. Came out in a massage coma, I couldn't really see straight for a bit. I should look for back inversion devices, maybe they have a good deal today. Somebody caught this lady snatch a black friday item from a little kid, probably was 4 years old. Madness.

Spend the latter part of the afternoon re-scaping the left side. Nobody panic. Just made it fuller.

IMG_20151127_180000.jpg

• Like 9
thecoralbeauty

Well we met at RAP and she is a fashion designer.... So I bet she does! :P

yea but i haven't met her! in person is one thing, in pictures is another!!! I'm so tall people usually are way off. :)

bottom line: kat is amazing.

• Like 1

Uhmmmm... How exactly do you "break" a tail spot?

Hit it to hard with the beating stick?

:( Well, it was the fish that used to like to sit in the MP10 when they were off for feeding. I had made that Blenny in a blender gag video of him too. I would always check before turning them back on to make sure he wasn't in there. So I checked, he wasn't in there and I turned on the powerhead. You know how MP10s have a couple of seconds delay before they turn on? In that second, he went in there. :( I broke him.

u already have 2 lyretail right? i need to look back at your stocking list. what magic sauce are you using to keep that many fish in a SPS dominant tank...

Yes. I had 3, the 3rd was always hiding, and I think she had tape worms, she died when I did the prazi pro treatment 2 months ago. Had her since March so I'm not sure why she would die with a treatment.

So the magic sauce - that's balance, nutrients in, nutrients out. Oversized skimmer, substantial refugium, GFO/GAC reactor. I believe in keeping a dirty tank for healthy fish and corals - this needs to be carefully monitored (as with any kind of system) to make sure the nutrients in or out do not upset the balance.

I check parameters inconsistently. When I find them out of whack I make changes very slowly. That's just it - slow mo.

• Like 2

:( Well, it was the fish that used to like to sit in the MP10 when they were off for feeding. I had made that Blenny in a blender gag video of him too. I would always check before turning them back on to make sure he wasn't in there. So I checked, he wasn't in there and I turned on the powerhead. You know how MP10s have a couple of seconds delay before they turn on? In that second, he went in there. :( I broke him.

That is tragic.