SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Very interested in hearing more about the idrip.

That seems like a pretty legit testing system that will take all of the guessing out of matching colors.

I was waiting for something like this to be made. It seems fairly simple to use it after reading the directions for testing ammonia.

GIMME!!!

I suck at testing lmfao. That's awesome :)

I'm curious about the accuracy vs our test kits and Hanna Checkers.

Anybody have any questions though?

Maybe it needs higher Mag levels to maintain the yellow. When I dosed the Kent Tech M to kill of that little bryopsis patch my Flower Petal Monti Cap (forest green base with blue polyps) lighted up to a mustard yellow. It stayed yellowish until about a week ago when I moved it to t he new tank that had normal Mag levels, now it's starting to darken up again.

That's interesting, I might have to test that theory.

I want to see the newest addition from your Secret Santa. Hope it opened up for you.

I do too.

Yes.. that sum bish better open.

One polyp is nice and plump and that's the one I am expecting to open. Will today be the day? fingerscrossed

One day ill need another piece of this.... :rolleyes:

;)

• Like 1

I'm curious about the accuracy vs our test kits and Hanna Checkers.

Anybody have any questions though?

The biggest problem I've seen with most electronic test kits is both the accuracy (average of many values vs truth) and precision (repeat ability of results) suck. What are the claims for both of these on their tests?

• Like 2

one outta 10 ain't bad.. :mellow:

:grouphug:

The biggest problem I've seen with most electronic test kits is both the accuracy (average of many values vs truth) and precision (repeat ability of results) suck. What are the claims for both of these on their tests?

Thank you

• Like 1

Here's a few Q's:

How susceptible is iDip testing to user variations?

i.e. didn't get the strip in until timer ran for 2 seconds, or agitated strip too vigorously, or had imprecise measure of 4ml in container

After initial equipment investment, how does the variable cost-per-test compare to others?

Does it test magnesium? (not listed on reagent page - perhaps requires some math from other hardness testing, though ppm ranges don't seem to go high enough for NSW Mg levels, and could therefore end up costing multiple dollars-per-test)

What's the precision of phosphate testing (compared to Hanna at .04 using Phosphate checker, and .03 using ULR Phosphorus checker)

Why the hell isn't the LG G4 on the list??? :angry:

• Like 1

Here's a few Q's:

How susceptible is iDip testing to user variations?

i.e. didn't get the strip in until timer ran for 2 seconds, or agitated strip too vigorously, or had imprecise measure of 4ml in container

After initial equipment investment, how does the variable cost-per-test compare to others?

Does it test magnesium? (not listed on reagent page - perhaps requires some math from other hardness testing, though ppm ranges don't seem to go high enough for NSW Mg levels, and could therefore end up costing multiple dollars-per-test)

What's the precision of phosphate testing (compared to Hanna at .04 using Phosphate checker, and .03 using ULR Phosphorus checker)

Why the hell isn't the LG G4 on the list??? :angry:

Sweet!!! Thanks

yep, good ones

And by long term I mean like 10,000+ tests. How long would a LFS running a 3 dozen tests a day find it holds up? I usually run my equipment into the ground. :)

Edit: Durability? What happens when I eventually drop the effin thing?

How much R&D have they put into their saltwater versions? I gather the company has been around for awhile for pool/spa testing, but are just getting into the aquarium market. Was this just slapping a new label on their existing products, or have they done actual testing -- at actual aquarium parameters -- to know that their devices are accurate in saltwater and measuring ions/compounds at the levels that they normally exist in a reef aquarium.

• Like 1

I'd be interested too! Questions: can you describe the testing process? As simple as inserting the appropriate test strip? Are some tests more complicated or time consuming than others?

Also, as a pico owner - what is the water sample size needed? Do I have to drain half the tank to run six tests?

• Like 2

How much R&D have they put into their saltwater versions? I gather the company has been around for awhile for pool/spa testing, but are just getting into the aquarium market. Was this just slapping a new label on their existing products, or have they done actual testing -- at actual aquarium parameters -- to know that their devices are accurate in saltwater and measuring ions/compounds at the levels that they normally exist in a reef aquarium.

I'd be interested too! Questions: can you describe the testing process? As simple as inserting the appropriate test strip? Are some tests more complicated or time consuming than others?

Also, as a pico owner - what is the water sample size needed? Do I have to drain half the tank to run six tests?

Got those! Thank you both.

• Like 2

So the product was launched at MACNA and since then they got a ton of feedback and have revised the tests they offer in their Marine Kit and also improved the software. The Marine kit will have calcium in place of ammonia. Magnesium is calculated from 2 other tests - on the app.

• Like 1

So the product was launched at MACNA and since then they got a ton of feedback and have revised the tests they offer in their Marine Kit and also improved the software. The Marine kit will have calcium in place of ammonia. Magnesium is calculated from 2 other tests - on the app.

Should I use this as an excuse to send you a sample of my water? :lol:

I have finally managed to convince John Maloney to do a podcast with me!! omgomgomg

Anybody have questions for the most favorably reviewed vendor on the forum?

:)

Where did he learn to ####ing count? Because that teacher definitely deserves to be fired. :lol:

Five ceriths:

One *adds one*

Two *adds another*

Three *Pours 18 in*

Four *adds one in*

Five *adds one in*

• Like 3

I have finally managed to convince John Maloney to do a podcast with me!! omgomgomg

Anybody have questions for the most favorably reviewed vendor on the forum?

:)

What are John's favorite members of the CUC?

• Like 2