Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Time for a new thread title....... Kitty Kat's tank's birthday was last week..... I like that. That would be a good title.

And what iPhone? I like the look of that. Mine makes my tank look 20k no matter what. Even with just one blue bulb on.

iPhone 6plus he says

Reef is looking sweet Kat! :)

Thanks Maria!

Can we ask John for pictures of his holding tanks for these critters?

I will

Mount Zoa isle is getting tall!

Which one, there are 2 of them now. ;)

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Can we ask John for pictures of his holding tanks for these critters?

It's really nothing special, basically the same clear racks that most LFS have, just the bottom ones are much larger and have thousands of snails in them.

• Like 1

Hey Y'all. The brother was trying a new lens on his iPhone

The tank really isn't blue like this, the iPhone always makes it so, not sure why

IMG_0295.JPG

Ermagerd, I want to come live in your tank :wub: These pics are all beautiful, but something about this one shot is just so inviting and peaceful to me.

• Like 1

Hmmm I've had my Kat for a year now.... Encrusted pretty darn good but no vertical growth. Green base on the encrustation, purple ish hue on the coral. Radion gen3 pro from 4pm-630 it's over 70% and peaks at 85% at 530. Maybe it's the wide angle lens. Maybe about 10-12" from the fixture. Just added an mp40 and replaced an mp10 on the right side which I'll sell soon.

Hmmm I've had my Kat for a year now.... Encrusted pretty darn good but no vertical growth. Green base on the encrustation, purple ish hue on the coral. Radion gen3 pro from 4pm-630 it's over 70% and peaks at 85% at 530. Maybe it's the wide angle lens. Maybe about 10-12" from the fixture. Just added an mp40 and replaced an mp10 on the right side which I'll sell soon.

pic?

How is your alk and Ca? other SPS growing?

18k, with peak intensity at 14k for 2hours

Okay - so you're running a blue light all the time. If you want to try an experiment increase the whites so that the tank is more towards daylight colors. I would also do this slowly, so as not to shock the corals. You might see a lot of difference in growth and colors on all your corals across the board.

I might be totally off but the lower the Kelvin, the more growth you see, higher Kelvin gives better colors. I say mix it both.

• Like 1

Okay - so you're running a blue light all the time. If you want to try an experiment increase the whites so that the tank is more towards daylight colors. I would also do this slowly, so as not to shock the corals. You might see a lot of difference in growth and colors on all your corals across the board.I might be totally off but the lower the Kelvin, the more growth you see, higher Kelvin gives better colors. I say mix it both.

Sounds like a good plan to try, during the peak times I'll increase the white from 75% to 78% observe and increase every 3-5 days

Thanks Shaun, how are you, how is the baby?

I'm great thanks and yourself? Baby is awesome - he's a super happy little guy. 8 months old now, crawling all over, keeping me busy and thinking he's a baller because he can stand. :lol:

j_005.jpg

• Like 6