Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I'm BAAAAAAACK! Where's the fire? :P

The tank(s) aren't too bad looking, not perfect of course but as promised. I took some pictures before I went in there to fix it. My nephew had cleaned the glass prior to my arrival so it wasn't filthy.

20151121_091600.jpg

You can see the toppled over gorgonians (which has resulted in lost flesh), the worst thing that happened was that the baby maxima died :( It was doing so well, Dave took great pictures of it. And this. Nobody noticed it of course or I would have known when it happened. Maybe the PAR is not enough, I haven't played with the blue fish at all.

20151121_091606.jpg

The acros are all bigger than before. The yellow digitata at the front of the tank is not doing well. It was a beautiful color all around but except for the tips it has browned out. I blasted water on it, no pests fell off, and there are other montiporas around it, touching it, so if it was a MEN, it would have affected more than this coral. I'm again leaning towards a lighting issue, maybe too much, maybe not enough. I'm not sure.

20151121_094936.jpg

The fuge is overflowing with the macros and there is GHA on the overflow. Dot the mandarin looks okay but I haven't managed to see her belly yet.

20151121_091651.jpg

Calcium liquid was empty so I have some mixing right now. Cleaned out the skimmer.

20151121_092515.jpg

Pulled out great tufts of bryopsis. And here is the uncleaned side view

20151121_092629.jpg

The nano was a bit of a mess

20151121_083833.jpg

20151121_083841.jpg

In all, everybody did alright in the 2 weeks that I was away. So yay.

The derasa has turned itself in the exact opposite direction.

My big green leather corals shows black burn marks, it used to show this in the fuge too. I don't know why it does that.

• Like 11

Glad you are back safe, nice pics. The only digitata that has ever done well for me is a simple green one that will grow anywhere. The orange ones grow for a while and then suffer, and now I have a really attractive light blue that does well for a few weeks, then shows some bare spots, then recovers and does well ... rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Nice to see every thing is OK but how is Bogi.

:wub: thank you for asking. This morning he's looking at me like "you're REALLY here? so I didn't just dream it up last night"

He's been purring, tried to give him his subQ fluids but he wasn't too happy about that. He's been meowing, and I've been told his food routine has been changed and I am not to disturb it. So I'm trying hard not to give in to his meows.

• Like 6

If I am gone for a few days when I get home I can't get Blue off of me for several hours. Most of the time he ends up taking a shower with me and sleeping with me the first day I am back.

• Like 3

How's spot?

Spot. Hmm. You mean Smudge? The Foxface? He's good. He got bigger. He's the biggest fish in the tank now.

If I am gone for a few days when I get home I can't get Blue off of me for several hours. Most of the time he ends up taking a shower with me and sleeping with me the first day I am back.

That's adorable.

• Like 2

Hi, and welcome home! Thank you for getting me those dirty pics. ;) It looks a lot better than I had imagined to tell you the truth (even on the dirty sidepanel). Few tufts of briopsis seems to be the only major concern I can see. Well that and who played lumberjack in your tanks? Pico tree is on it's side and the gorgs are chopped down? Seems suspicious is all I'm sayin.

• Like 3

Tanks looking amazingly well for you being gone- you must of prepped them well? I've been gone all week so I get to see my tanks tonight- gonna give 'em a big hug!

• Like 2

Believe it or not I owned a massage business. $40 an hour doesn't cover bills payroll taxes ect. Or the person givin the massage is making slave wages especially in New York.

• Like 2

Well 39 is cheap........Hell I pay 60 to 80 an hour on the left coast........Sad part is it is not for me.......a gift for my mom as she is into that stuff :unsure:

Hell only massage I need is where those little oriental girls work :o Sorry had to.........as my wife always says those places are just for....... :lol:

• Like 1