Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I feed whenever. While I've been away I had an auto feeder on the tank, you can see it in Daves FTS but I had the tank sitter throw in one frozen cube twice a day. I don't know if he did, but it doesn't hurt to skip a feeding or 2. I don't feed my anthias 3 times a day but the auto feeder has been. It dispenses into the feeding ring from the gourmet defroster and the fish know to go there.

• Like 1

Thank. I was reading about how fish sleep... Pretty cool.

Basically clownfish are clowns and do whatever the #### they want. Some sleep on the sand, some stuck to a powerhead, some in an anemone, some upside down, some vertical, etc. While sleeping (not in a human sense- it is more like rest) they maintain their relative position and are alert to things approaching! That's pretty darn cool!

• Like 5

how often do you feed your anthias then?

1-2 times. I feed more than just fish food in the tank so they may not get a fat piece of mysis each meal but they get food.

Thank. I was reading about how fish sleep... Pretty cool.

Basically clownfish are clowns and do whatever the #### they want. Some sleep on the sand, some stuck to a powerhead, some in an anemone, some upside down, some vertical, etc. While sleeping (not in a human sense- it is more like rest) they maintain their relative position and are alert to things approaching! That's pretty darn cool!

My 6 line, Mark, likes to sleep in a rock cave somewhere with sand beneath him. Thanos the Royal Gramma likes to sleep in his barnacle sometimes. Smudge the foxface just hangs out in the back by the slimer and colors himself in blotches. The clowns sleep in the goniopora. The cardinal fish hang out at the back of the tank, low to the ground. The damsels sleep in between SPS. The anthias sleep in caves.
  • Like 3

I'm looking forward to getting back to the tank. I like to be able to see the tank when I travel but that hasn't happened this time, they send me pictures once in a. While and the glass is so dirty I can't see much anyway. my reef is my pride and joy, it's my endeavor to care for the little creatures of our world, I love every thing about the tank, and the infinite things it is always teaching me. I know I would always want a reef in my life, so i miss the daily fulfillment it brings to my life. But do I 'miss' my tank, like I miss my cat, no. I'm not sure I can explain it any better. I really miss my cat. I can't wait to sink my face in his fur and sneeze my lungs out.

• Like 7
righttirefire

My diamond goby sleeps in his burrow under 1 rock and caves himself in there. The clown sleeps in the RBTA, the chromis sleeps tucked under a rock overhang in the sand and my sweetheart yellow clown goby is against the front glass at the moment, but doesn't have a sleeping area, it's anywhere

I'm looking forward to getting back to the tank. I like to be able to see the tank when I travel but that hasn't happened this time, they send me pictures once in a. While and the glass is so dirty I can't see much anyway. my reef is my pride and joy, it's my endeavor to care for the little creatures of our world, I love every thing about the tank, and the infinite things it is always teaching me. I know I would always want a reef in my life, so i miss the daily fulfillment it brings to my life. But do I 'miss' my tank, like I miss my cat, no. I'm not sure I can explain it any better. I really miss my cat. I can't wait to sink my face in his fur and sneeze my lungs out.

Man that was a great read, best thing I've read all day. I'm totally with you too, it's a different kind of love/pet/relationship. Both share such similar things on paper, but in reality they're worlds apart!

• Like 3

Man that was a great read, best thing I've read all day. I'm totally with you too, it's a different kind of love/pet/relationship. Both share such similar things on paper, but in reality they're worlds apart!

Right? I'm like a sappy old cat lady I pull up pictures of him on my phone when I'm away and face time with him too. :blush:

• Like 1