Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

London was far too Christmassy. Oh boy. I posted some pics on instagram. Trees all lit up, streets lit up, store fronts, store windows. All the clothing was chock full of glitzy, gaudy sequins and party wear. I mean come on! Brits are feeling way chipper than us in the US it looks like. They're feeling festive and they were shopping. By contrast I was at the mall back homw a few days ago and the stores were mostly empty.

London was far too Christmassy. Oh boy. I posted some pics on instagram. Trees all lit up, streets lit up, store fronts, store windows. All the clothing was chock full of glitzy, gaudy sequins and party wear. I mean come on! Brits are feeling way chipper than us in the US it looks like. They're feeling festive and they were shopping. By contrast I was at the mall back homw a few days ago and the stores were mostly empty.

They don't have thanksgiving before tho. I don't think it'd bother me so much if we didn't have a holiday between to see all the crap this early...... well maybe lol

• Like 1

Boxing day is the day after Christmas.

The whole -- no Thanksgiving to buffer between Halloween and Christmas -- was very weird for me as an American when I lived in Canada for 5 years. Canadian Thanksgiving is in early October and really isn't a big deal like the American version. (Plus, it is on a Monday...) Christmas stuff went up in stores right after Halloween and it would bug the hell outta me. Not to say that the Christmas creep doesn't occur here too, it just seems like Thanksgiving helps.

• Like 2

Hello people of the reef. My web cam isn't working so it has to be reset,

Apex doesn't open on my iPad but it's working on my phone.

Late start to my Sunday morning, cups of tea, a little breakfast and a plan to go for a walk at the ranch later.

My grandmother is 96 and it's hard to figure out what to bring for her. I found a little stainless steel tea pot in London, of all the few things I got, this is her favorite. She drank some coffee this morning and they didn't use the new tea pot. There was hell to pay. :)

She's already beaten me once for not seeing her for 2 years. I've traditionally visited in September which has been a hectic trip as it's always right between trade shows. It remains to be seen but I think this time is much better, I'm not going to be working, not really, so it's all leisure. And there are some holidays and festivals, fun times.

It's my mums birthday next week, in hindsight I should have gotten her that new Vista Betta fish tan for her desk. She loves plants and used to have a huge gold fish tank and turtles. The turtles became too big and now live at the ranch but the goldfish tank was too much maintenance so she had that torn down. Puppy or Betta, hmmmmm.

• Like 3

They don't have thanksgiving before tho. I don't think it'd bother me so much if we didn't have a holiday between to see all the crap this early...... well maybe lol

dont they have boxing day?

well they suck then lol

Boxing day is the day after Christmas.

The whole -- no Thanksgiving to buffer between Halloween and Christmas -- was very weird for me as an American when I lived in Canada for 5 years. Canadian Thanksgiving is in early October and really isn't a big deal like the American version. (Plus, it is on a Monday...) Christmas stuff went up in stores right after Halloween and it would bug the hell outta me. Not to say that the Christmas creep doesn't occur here too, it just seems like Thanksgiving helps.

I should embrace my grinch. #grinch

• Like 1

Bullocks. Americans are bloody wankers.

Oh God. Lol. Very well said.

She wants a puppy, a little lap dog she can take to the office with her. I'll chat with her to see if we should get that or she's just thinking out loud. When she travels which she does often, will my grandmother let the puppy sleep in her room, that's the question.

Betta, for sure.

Happy lil planted tank :)

That too. Maybe both a puppy and a fish.

• Like 2

Hello people of the reef. My web cam isn't working so it has to be reset,

Apex doesn't open on my iPad but it's working on my phone.

Late start to my Sunday morning, cups of tea, a little breakfast and a plan to go for a walk at the ranch later.

My grandmother is 96 and it's hard to figure out what to bring for her. I found a little stainless steel tea pot in London, of all the few things I got, this is her favorite. She drank some coffee this morning and they didn't use the new tea pot. There was hell to pay. :)

She's already beaten me once for not seeing her for 2 years. I've traditionally visited in September which has been a hectic trip as it's always right between trade shows. It remains to be seen but I think this time is much better, I'm not going to be working, not really, so it's all leisure. And there are some holidays and festivals, fun times.

It's my mums birthday next week, in hindsight I should have gotten her that new Vista Betta fish tan for her desk. She loves plants and used to have a huge gold fish tank and turtles. The turtles became too big and now live at the ranch but the goldfish tank was too much maintenance so she had that torn down. Puppy or Betta, hmmmmm.

"She's already beaten me..."

Hmm. All of MetroKat's beatings are suddenly starting to make sense! :lol:

• Like 2

Good afternoon Kat. Hope you're still having fun over there. Have you heard a "bloody hell" yet? I know it's an expletive of shock but I ALWAYS crack up when a true Brit says it.

• Like 2

Oh god, lol

User Name change incoming: EuroKat

#### Euro.. UK mate.... The can keep their Euro over there

dont they have boxing day?

Yep

Bullocks. Americans are bloody wankers.

This is 80% true.. It is wasn't for "The Walking Dead" it would be 100% true...